TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

After riding Twisted Cyclone, I’ve developed an appreciation for RMC’s that take more time to do less. Wildfire is another great example of this. I think Iron Gwazi looks to fall into that category of RMC, so I’m super excited for it.

Twisted Colossus, Steel Vengeance, Storm Chaser, Untamed, etc, while all being crazy and impressive coasters, pack in one compact element after the other and the result feels like I’m constantly getting punch in the gut in the name of “airtime.” I know these coasters have their die-hard fans, but I’m personally glad Gwazi appears to deviate from that formula a bit.

For the record, my favorite coasters are El Toro, SkyRush, and I305, so I clearly love being thrown around and into the sky. I just don’t think RMC has mastered the art of it...yet.

• Like 2
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Jew said:

New B&M’s are fun, but nothing spectacular.  RMC’s are non stop airtime and forces.

What a world we live in where 300 ft roller coasters are “nothing spectacular”!!

1 hour ago, KIEnthusiast said:

What a world we live in where 300 ft roller coasters are “nothing spectacular”!!

Everyone has there own taste. I love the quick transitions on something like Maverick and Lightning Run. The rapid fire quick transitions. I also like strong laterals. The turn after the ravine drop on Phantoms Revenge and the death helix on Titan at SFOT are both very powerful elements. I am really excited to ride I305 because it seems to have both the quick transitions I like along with strong lateral forces! 

I wont judge much from the Pov, I did think it would of been longer but still looks like a lot of fun. 

I don't think much in to pov's, but I have not watch the rise pov due to wanting it to be a surprise when i finally get to Disney again. 

There's going to be a 200 foot RMC at a park that already has one of the best coaster lineups in America. Even if it's the lamest RMC ever I mean... holy shit.

PS: That's not the vibe I got from that video at all. I think it's going to be amazing but I also suck at judging coasters from POVs.

44 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

There's going to be a 200 foot RMC at a park that already has one of the best coaster lineups in America. Even if it's the lamest RMC ever I mean... holy shit.

PS: That's not the vibe I got from that video at all. I think it's going to be amazing but I also suck at judging coasters from POVs.

Agreed. With the addition of Iron Gwazi BGT will solidify, in my opinion, as the park with the best lineup of coasters in term of quality.  I am pretty sure this RMC will be pretty amazing, perhaps not the best one, but the drop alone in the back I can only imagine would be insane 

55 minutes ago, BintamiM said:

Agreed. With the addition of Iron Gwazi BGT will solidify, in my opinion, as the park with the best lineup of coasters in term of quality.  I am pretty sure this RMC will be pretty amazing, perhaps not the best one, but the drop alone in the back I can only imagine would be insane 

Totally! Busch will rival any park in the country for the best quality coasters award!

• Like 2

First people  are complaining about the computer generated POV for Ice Breaker,  and now people think it's bad that Iron Gwazi looks the same as all of the other RMC coasters that just so happen to be ranked all over the top 20 in every poll ever? Lol, wild times to be a coaster fan haha.

^ Welcome to the internet, where all negative feelings and complaints simply must be posted for all to see, regardless of whether or not they're justifiable!

19 hours ago, KIEnthusiast said:

This world.  Sure they are awe inspiring to someone who hasn’t seen it before, but for us coaster nerds...you’ve been on 1 B&M Hyper, you’ve practically been on all them.  They are still fun, but nowhere near my top 10.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:07 AM, coasterbill said:

I mean even the world's worst RMC would be better than Gwazi was at the end of it's life.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, Jew said:

This world.  Sure they are awe inspiring to someone who hasn’t seen it before, but for us coaster nerds...you’ve been on 1 B&M Hyper, you’ve practically been on all them.  They are still fun, but nowhere near my top 10.

Define the word "us." I like B&M hypers and I like B&M gigas. I find Diamondback, Goliath, Mako, and Raging Bull especially all ride different from one another. If you've ridden one classic wooden out-and-back coaster, have you ridden them all?

I'd be able to relate to your idea much more if we were talking about wild mouse coasters and boomerangs. Hypers just don't seem to be 'your' flavor.

• Like 3
On 11/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, prozach626 said:

Define the word "us." I like B&M hypers and I like B&M gigas. I find Diamondback, Goliath, Mako, and Raging Bull especially all ride different from one another. If you've ridden one classic wooden out-and-back coaster, have you ridden them all?

I'd be able to relate to your idea much more if we were talking about wild mouse coasters and boomerangs. Hypers just don't seem to be 'your' flavor.

To each their own. B&M’s are what they are: they look pretty and are reliable, so parks will keep buying them.  The 2019 coaster poll results speak to what I am saying: the first B&M comes in at number 11. The next B&M hyper/giga is all the way at 27.  Intamin, RMC, and Mack dominate  the list since they push the envelope much more