TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

So is there any information or speculation on whether the lift hill will be wood or steel? It looks like they're basically going to build it from scratch so it would be nice if it was steel. Personally, I love the way Zadra's lift hill looks.

It will be steel, like Goliath at SF Great America, and Zadra.

It's even shown in the updated renderings from when they announced the name/stats last month:

2020_buschgardenstampabay_rollercoaster_irongwazi_660x410.ashx?version=1_201909122710&h=410&w=660&la=en&hash=CF0CA9575AECCE983ED78D53609829B6A685EE8E

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Posted Images

^Construction is moving pretty quickly and the coaster is slated to open in "Spring 2020" so I would say that it is possible it would be ready by then, barring any delays and pending positive testing... That being said, the park is worth visiting even if the coaster isn't ready!

I love how they haven't released a full rendering/pov yet for this ride. I've seen the construction pics but still don't really have an idea what the layout is so It's gonna be nice to be surprised for a change.

^Construction is moving pretty quickly and the coaster is slated to open in "Spring 2020" so I would say that it is possible it would be ready by then, barring any delays and pending positive testing... That being said, the park is worth visiting even if the coaster isn't ready!
Yeah I've been there 3 times before and yes it is such a great park but I probably wouldn't take time away from the kids Disney trip unless we could get on Gwazi. Fingers crossed.
  • 3 weeks later...

This ride is gorgeous. I get so excited looking at every update on this coaster and the fact that it's in my favorite amusement park makes it even better. Add in BGT's stellar line up and god, I can't deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Jack took some better photos of it with less people around:

27_837.jpg

28_844.jpg

The press unveilings are ironically the worst places to take photos of stuff at the IAAPA Expo because there are always too many people in too small of a space!

That's one angry gator, and probably my new #1 favorite style RMC train (which would have still been L-Rod until they had to make modifications). I'm so excited for this roller coaster. Florida deserves more airtime machines, and this WILL deliver!

^ Yes Untamed comes to mind quickly but I'm sure it's not the only one

I like the gator head, but it seems too little for the RMC somewhat bulky shape. I don't know it looks a bit bare in the front, but it's a compromise I believe is justified when something looks good.

Without looking, do any other RMC coasters have lead cars? I don't remember seeing any.

They all have lead cars. Some are more stylistic than others, but there's always a car before the front row.

That looks little to you? It seems to be the same width as the seats, but not train.

I don't know when I look at that first picture that A.J. shared seeing that pivot point of the lapbar and the amount of "floor" I saw from that seat makes me think: "That head is to little for this train."

I like the head, I like the shape and dimensions for it, I just feel like it would have fitted better on a GCI train. I mean RMC has their seats and floor built on top of their chassis while GCI has them more embedded into the train and I feel that would have made the total look, look more "finished".

I'm going to reserve final judgment when I see some track underneath the train, I have a feeling that's going to change a lot of my current view of the train.

Again I like it, I just need to get used tot the "nakedness" when I look a bit lower.