TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best part of Busch Gardens Tampa's Howl-O-Scream?  Getting to ride all the coasters at night!!!  

Posted Images

I've said it elsewhere, and to a number of people in person, but I'll go ahead and say it here. I am predicting this coaster will be themed after/named for Lions, and will feature the concept of "King of the Jungle" in some way. I think this fits with the fact they're replacing a coaster that partially had a Lion theme, and even though Kumba can refer to either Tigers or Lions since it's apparently Swahili for "Roar", they don't have an explicitly "Lion" themed coaster anymore, while the Tiger half of Gwazi now is represented by Tigris. Additionally, the track color being purple would go along with a "King of the Jungle" theme, since it's a color often associated with royalty. Just my guess. Could be wrong, but it definitely checks out on a lot of levels. As for the name, it's hard to say... King Gwazi (if they retained the old concept, but without it dueling, that may not make much sense)? Jungle King? Simply "The King"? Who knows... Maybe I'm way off base, but it's fun to guess! I just know I am super excited about this coaster, as a huge fan of the park already, and RMC in general, and can't wait until Thursday to find out more!

^&^^

Robb and I will be at BOTH parks covering it all!

I'm excited to hear what details are revealed... These parks have struggled for a while, but I appreciate how much corporate is shifting their investment strategy to drive new business while adding new additions to parks that traditionally saw more sizable investments only every 3-7 years.

lolz

[attachment=0]BGTpurp.jpg[/attachment]

GOLD. I love this park so much.

Also when I went to view the picture, the number of likes was 666. Tried to get a screenshot but turned to 667 before I had the chance. Purple People Eater theme confirmed.

Remember to WAIT until an admin posts the information, do NOT post it before. We will get it up super fast here and if you're dying to see it as it happens watch our Twitter and Instagram Stories as we'll be posting live there!

Final predictions: after seeing how much of the structure is now low to the ground, and with a bunch of very tall swooping curves, I believe this ride will be a lot more like Zadra than Steel Vengeance. A longer Zadra would be an strong contender to Steel Vengeance in my mind.

Final predictions: after seeing how much of the structure is now low to the ground, and with a bunch of very tall swooping curves, I believe this ride will be a lot more like Zadra than Steel Vengeance. A longer Zadra would be an strong contender to Steel Vengeance in my mind.

Final prediction, I think it's going to be a B&M!

You're probably right honestly, I just am excited to see some nice bright RMC track, it just looks great on the wood structure.

This is just a friendly reminder to everyone that you will not die if you follow the rules and have to wait a few minutes before discussing these announcements. Giving people directions on where to go and find the information is essentially the same as just linking to it. Please be respectful and follow the rules.

Shoutout to the mod team for deleting that spoiler thread as soon as it popped up. Y'all are fast. Nice job.

I just hit buttons and pretend to know what I'm doing, but thanks.

Edited by coasterbill

Final prediction, I think it's going to be a B&M!

You're probably right honestly, I just am excited to see some nice bright RMC track, it just looks great on the wood structure.

So much of the original structure is already gone that it’s almost hardly a conversion lol ... it’s practically like it’s being built from the ground up like Zadra. And I can only imagine that the 200+ft tall lift is going to be metal like Zadra and Goliath given the space constraints and that we haven’t seen a straight, inclined structure remain that would appear to be the start of a lift.