TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 347 - Howl-O-Scream information!

Has anyone actually seen the article from this issue of First Drop magazine though? The ECC website, Facebook page and Twitter accounts all make no mention of a recent issue, and there doesn't seem to be any place to buy or subscribe to this magazine. Is it even still being produced/published?

I really really want this to be true, but find it extremely odd that the quote seems to have originated from one user on Reddit attributing it to a magazine that no one else has seen or can verify even exists.

www.coasterclub.org/first-drop/

I'm not reading all into their page, but I would assume you'd have to join the club in order to read the magazine.

Right, I found that page (and actually read it...) and the latest issue was published in November of 2015, hence my question: Does this magazine still exist? Or is this a bogus rumor attributed to a previously reliable source to make it seem more credible?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best part of Busch Gardens Tampa's Howl-O-Scream?  Getting to ride all the coasters at night!!!  

Posted Images

Apparently Loopings.nl confirmed the other part of the rumor, which stated that Walibi's new coaster will feature five inversions. Still skeptical, but it would be fantastic on both counts if the complete rumor were to come true.

Right, I found that page (and actually read it...) and the latest issue was published in November of 2015, hence my question: Does this magazine still exist? Or is this a bogus rumor attributed to a previously reliable source to make it seem more credible?

Latest issue came out in January. It does have the Gwazi-info in it. They just don't update the FD section of the homepage that often.

^ Man I would love nothing more right now than to have it open by when I visit in March And it's starting to look more likely, they're making fast progress!

Not sure if this has been mentioned in here before.. but I've noticed an interesting trend with the Busch Gardens websites lately (and reminded about it today when Facebook let me know BGT changed their web address).

Last year, buschgardens.com existed, but the Tampa and Williamsburg sites redirected to https://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/ and https://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-williamsburg/, respectively. If you visit those links now, you are sent to https://buschgardens.com/tampa/ and https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/.

They seem to be spending some time on separating the brands out more. It might be nothing, but..

^ and ^^^

Wow, the park is making super quick progress on everything!

Maybe Tigris will end up opening in March... but I'm not holding my breath, never really have

So Ive started seeing speculation videos popping up on YT about Gwazi RMC being over 200 ft and taller than Steel Vengeance, ANY even shred of hint to this?

So Ive started seeing speculation videos popping up on YT about Gwazi RMC being over 200 ft and taller than Steel Vengeance, ANY even shred of hint to this?

Go back four pages.

The curse of being lazy and hating to read back thankfully TPR always provides! Well, that would be pretty sick if true. Id suddenly go to BGT alot more!

Any idea when they typically release the concert schedule for the food and wine festival?

The event is next month, and no list yet. We are hitting the park during the festival, and it may sway our decision to visit on a certain day depending on who is performing.

Any idea when they typically release the concert schedule for the food and wine festival?

The event is next month, and no list yet. We are hitting the park during the festival, and it may sway our decision to visit on a certain day depending on who is performing.

I just looked and they announced them on February 8th last year.

Ha....

And just like that, they released the schedule today.

March 16 – DaughtryMarch 17 – The Band PerryMarch 23 – 3 Doors DownMarch 24 – Blue Rodeo, Kathleen Edwards and Fred Eaglesmith featuring Tif GinnMarch 30 – Justin MooreMarch 31 – El Gran ComboApril 6 – TBAApril 7 – Josh TurnerApril 13 – Mighty Mighty BosstonesApril 14 – Boyz II MenApril 19 – Edwin McCain and Vertical HorizonApril 20 – Hunter Hayes and Levi HummonApril 21 – Mat KearneyApril 27 – Walk Off the EarthApril 28 – Foreigner

Always make sure you tell us where you got an image from and link it back (even if you don't know the exact source). In this case it's from the roller coasters subreddit.

So, can we stop calling this "RMC Gwazi"? At this rate there won't be much of Gwazi left over when the new coaster finally opens.

Anybody else buy the annual Quick Queue? Its $300, and I just bought it, as I'm thinking that the price will get jacked up once Tigris opens. Its pricey, but not a bad deal considering that its good any day of the day - including the weekends and holidays when it would be $90. I think that with the capacity issues of Tigris, it will be the only way to get more than 1-2 rides on it in a day.

Always make sure you tell us where you got an image from and link it back (even if you don't know the exact source). In this case it's from the roller coasters subreddit.

So, can we stop calling this "RMC Gwazi"? At this rate there won't be much of Gwazi left over when the new coaster finally opens.

True I was thinking the same thing this isn't so much taking the old and making it new, its almost an entirely new ride.

Also any word on when Tigris may be opening? The GF will be going to St Pete soonish, I believe in the next 2 months, and that's usually a good time for me to scoot away to BGT. Ive always wanted to try one of these Sky Rockets so Im kind of excited actually

True I was thinking the same thing this isn't so much taking the old and making it new, its almost an entirely new ride.

Also any word on when Tigris may be opening? The GF will be going to St Pete soonish, I believe in the next 2 months, and that's usually a good time for me to scoot away to BGT. Ive always wanted to try one of these Sky Rockets so Im kind of excited actually

They've been pretty hush hush about the actual opening date. They always mention "spring" for the opening though. It looks like the track is complete now though. I don't think that they've started testing yet, so I'm not sure how close they are to closing the deal. The fact that they always say spring without an actual date leads me to believe it will be late spring though. I hope it comes soon though.

Anybody else buy the annual Quick Queue? Its $300, and I just bought it, as I'm thinking that the price will get jacked up once Tigris opens. Its pricey, but not a bad deal considering that its good any day of the day - including the weekends and holidays when it would be $90. I think that with the capacity issues of Tigris, it will be the only way to get more than 1-2 rides on it in a day.

When they announced Tempesto everyone lost their minds about capacity and it turned out to be fine. The capacity is clearly not great but the ride doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly popular either. I feel like it won't be that big of a deal long term.

That said, Cheetah Hunt and Stanley Falls exist so it's a solid deal anyway if you visit enough. Rides like Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Rapids (if you care) and (most likely) Tigris will have some sort of a line the majority of the time also so it'll be nice to have.