TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 357: Iron Gwazi Officially Opening March 2022!

I really hope for a RMC Gwazi not some off the shelf clone coaster. Busch Gardens Tampa is not known for adding clone attractions. Every ride they built has been new and original. Now other parks have copied them but they have never copied other parks. So I am hoping they continue creating their own unique rides and attractions.

I really hope for a RMC Gwazi not some off the shelf clone coaster. Busch Gardens Tampa is not known for adding clone attractions. Every ride they built has been new and original. Now other parks have copied them but they have never copied other parks.

IMG_9292.JPG.0e3a867324761b8ba65989a5bc377325.JPG

Edited by coasterbill

I really hope for a RMC Gwazi not some off the shelf clone coaster. Busch Gardens Tampa is not known for adding clone attractions. Every ride they built has been new and original. Now other parks have copied them but they have never copied other parks. So I am hoping they continue creating their own unique rides and attractions.

FFS Skyrocket 2s are great rides. The only bad thing is capacity but BGW is doing fine with that with Tempesto.

If a theme park adds a "clone' of a coaster it doesn't ruin the theme park. BGW is still amazing and wonderful with Tempesto. Absolutely nobody that isn't an enthusiast gives two sh*ts if there's a "clone" of another coaster anywhere.

If another Sky Rocket II comes to the chain, I have no problem. They pack a lot of action into a compact space and have a relatively low price tag for such a thrilling attraction.

Would I prefer a custom coaster? Yes. I think all enthusiasts would. But for 99% of park guests, this will be a unique coaster with just as much appeal so I don't blame them for possibly adding one.

I think the Skyrocket is the reasonable choice for BGT if they decide to RMC Gwazi or put a custom design coaster in its place.

The Skyrocket is a cheap and effective coaster add while giving management the time to invest in something larger in the next few years

My guess is that a Skyrocket 2 is coming for 2019 but it'll take two years from the start of a Gwazi RMC conversion/replacement to complete so that's your 2021/2022 addition.

Edited by ElvisLuv

Is the Zombie themed Sky Rocket in Mexico the only one with a dual load station? A dual load station with 2 laps around the circuit seems like the way to go, wonder why more parks haven't chosen that option?

I believe so. I'd love to see the double lap, dual load version here but I have a feeling it'll be the same 3 car version as Tempesto and Electric Eel if they go this route.

I sort of feel like this park is no longer in the business of adding additional costs when it's in any way avoidable.

Obviously there are plenty of people here that visit more frequently than we do, but it seems like at this point they almost always stick to one load station on Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt on days when we've visited the last year or so (except for super busy days like Howl O Scream nights) even though Cheetah Hunt's line has easily exceeded 60 minutes multiple times on some of the days we were there when they cut that second station.

I'd bet money that if they get one of these it will be the same as Tempesto and Electric Eel and honestly I think that will be perfectly sufficient.

I personally don't really see why BGT would need another muli-launch, single-inversion, ~60mph, LSM coaster. Especially when compared to Cheetah Hunt an SRII is less long, has a significantly higher height limit (48" vs 54"), a lower capacity, and is simply less fun. An SRII wouldn't really add any substantial features that the park doesn't already have.

But none of these applicable reasons stopped BGW either, so I could very well see it happening.

Williamsburg didn't have a major thrill coaster with a launch, so Tempesto filled a need (I consider Verbolten more of a family ride, but a dang good one).

Sure Cheetah Hunt has a launch and a barrel roll as well, but I don't think anyone will look at the two rides and get them confused. The ride experiences are different enough.

I will never understand why theme park nerds feel the need to always bitch and complain whenever one of these Premier coasters are announced at a park. They are a fun ride, the capacity never seems to be as bad as people make it out to be, they take up almost no room, and everyone seems to love them, including coaster enthusiasts. It seems to be a huge win for all parties.

Is it that theme park nerds feel they *NEED* to constantly complain about something and this is just an easy target? I honestly don’t know, but it’s super annoying.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough what they really are building.

Edited by robbalvey

I will never understand why theme park nerds feel the need to always bitch and complain whenever one of these Premier coasters are announced at a park. They are a fun ride, the capacity never seems to be as bad as people make it out to be, they take up almost no room, and everyone seems to love them, including coaster enthusiasts. It seems to be a huge win for all parties.

Is it that theme park nerds feel they *NEED* to constantly complain about something and this is just an easy target? I honestly don’t know, but it’s super annoying.

Tempesto was a blast when at BGW last year. The world needs more of these. They should buy four and put one in at San Antonio too.

Tempesto was a blast when at BGW last year. The world needs more of these. They should buy four and put one in at San Antonio too.

I could totally see it happening. It makes sense if the rest of the parks have them (Besides SWO). No complaints here, they're like the Batman clones to me, the more, the better.

Come on now, Robb. You're acting real brand new to this "Theme park nerd" thing.

I love the Premier Skyrockets. I am also amazed how fast that they can get people through the queue as well,

Tempesto, at least every time I've ridden it, had the second-longest wait next to InvadR. The comfort collars on the SWP&E installations really slow down loading.

I've always thought they looked pretty fun, and are a cool concept personally.

Will be in BGT in 36 hours, any food suggestions while in the park? Ideally a "real"/good restaurant, or really anywhere that's not the typical park fast food. I assume there's good places at a park like this. Deff excited!

Just a few questions since I'm heading to the park for the first time on Wednesday May 15th! (I'm super bummed Kumba is closed when we are there!). We are just there one day and the park is open 10-6.

Do I "need" to get quick queue while I'm there?

Where is the best food in the park?

What ride should we head to first when the park opens?

Is there anything we shouldn't miss in the park?

Thanks for any info!

Will be in BGT in 36 hours, any food suggestions while in the park? Ideally a "real"/good restaurant, or really anywhere that's not the typical park fast food. I assume there's good places at a park like this. Deff excited!

The Zambia smokehouse near Sheikra. I'd tell yall how to find it, but you'll smell it.

Do I "need" to get quick queue while I'm there?

What ride should we head to first when the park opens?

Is there anything we shouldn't miss in the park?

Thanks for any info!

I was just there Tuesday of last week with my kids, and we hardly waited for anything all day. Just Cobra's Curse first thing in the morning (because Cheetah Hunt was broken down at park open, and naturally everybody then went to CC), and Cheetah Hunt later in the day after it had opened. Every other coaster was pretty much a walk on. So no, I would definitely not get a Quick Queue in advance, and I'll be shocked if you had to get one once you got there!

That smokehouse Boldy mentioned sounds good, but what we loved there were the stuffed pretzels, and particularly the Bacon Twisted Pretzel! I got the recommendation from those here, and it did NOT disappoint!

Assuming it's running, I'd definitely go to Cheetah Hunt first, because that did seem to be where most people headed, and the line does back up quickly. After that, I'd hit up Cobra's Curse, which is not too far away.

Don't miss Kumba... Oh wait... (Sorry, probably too soon! )

Seriously though, I would be sure to take the train ride on a complete circuit, or at least from Stanleyville to Congo, as you get to see all of the animals on the "Serengeti Plain"! Hitting up the sky ride is a nice way to get a great view of that as well, and I know coasterbill would approve!

I hope you guys have fun! We sure did, and BGT continues to be one of my favorite parks to go to!

Well if the 30 minute drive from the gate to parking lot is a sign of crowds to come might as well get fast pass now lol or they need to expand that road from 2 lanes to like 5. Got here 1045 and it's about to be 1145 when i enter the actual park. Also gotta say, non enthusiast friend screws me again lol as always they had no motivation or care to be here at opening sooo now it's near noon... sorry to say I can't go to parks with non enthusiasts it's just too inefficient, of time and money.