TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!

Not to be a Coasterbill, but the skyride and the flume are must-rides. The skyride saves you some walking and gives off an awesome view of the animal habitats, and the flume is just straight up fun. Enjoy your trip!

Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!

Not to be a Coasterbill, but the skyride and the flume are must-rides. The skyride saves you some walking and gives off an awesome view of the animal habitats, and the flume is just straight up fun. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Good work.

Also, ride the train from Nairobi (sort of between Cheetah Hunt and Pantopia) to the Congo (sort of near Kumba). Going that way means you go by the animals on the Serengeti plain, plus it saves you a ton of walking.

PS: Actually, the flume is down for refurb. Scratch that.

Also if you like birds Busch Gardens has some nice aviaries. The animal care center is a pretty neat place to check out too and it is well air conditioned which is a plus if it is a hot day.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Good work.

Also, ride the train from Nairobi (sort of between Cheetah Hunt and Pantopia) to the Congo (sort of near Kumba). Going that way means you go by the animals on the Serengeti plain, plus it saves you a ton of walking.

PS: Actually, the flume is down for refurb. Scratch that.

Is the flume down for Rehab or SeaWorld Rehab cause there's a difference.

Rehab- Ride's broken and needs to get fixed

SeaWorld Rehab- Close a ride for 2-3 weeks/months for budget but say it's rehab

Apparently, you can rent a wheel chair at BGT and you, your family and friends can skip the lines without showing any documentation that you're disabled. I observed this while waiting for Cheetah Hunt this past Sunday. Two large groups did this back to back and it was amazing how quick the process was. Not sure BGT is doing it right. I'm thinking there must be a dr's note or something. This park needs to address this.

Apparently, you can rent a wheel chair at BGT and you, your family and friends can skip the lines without showing any documentation that you're disabled. I observed this while waiting for Cheetah Hunt this past Sunday. Two large groups did this back to back and it was amazing how quick the process was. Not sure BGT is doing it right. I'm thinking there must be a dr's note or something. This park needs to address this.

Legally you cannot ask for documentation of a person's disability. This has become a huge issue especially with service animals. (Though that one is a tad easier to figure out.) Unfortunately that is the world we live in.

That being said I don't agree with a policy of the while group skipping the line. Personally I believe that only one or even two people should accompany the person.

Legally you cannot ask for documentation of a person's disability.

Yes.. but you can require a note from a doctor without stating the actual disability. Six Flags requires a doctor's note and I think more parks should move to this system.

Your doctor should include the following information:

Doctor's name

Address of the doctor's practice (Printed stationary is OK as long as it includes the Doctor's medical ID number)

Phone number of doctor's practice (Printed stationary is OK as long as it includes the Doctor's medical ID number)

Name of person requesting the Attraction Access Pass

Statement indicating the guest has a disability or other qualifying impairment under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and/or applicable state law that prevents the guest from waiting in a standard queue.

Valid time period of disability (permanent or, if temporary, the valid time period the Pass is needed for)

Doctor's signature

The note must NOT describe or indicate the nature of the disability

Its also not a skip the line pass, it's a "not wait in the physical line" pass...

At BGT and SeaWorld Parks you get a time to return after waiting in a virtual queue. Same with Cedar Fair.

• 3 weeks later...

^ It was like 48 for the high the day that we were there in December and it was open. Perhaps they just put out that sign mistakenly versus the generic "This ride is temporarily closed" sign?

Weird.

DSC06027.thumb.JPG.52aa14df4a7d131ea38dbd2be55fb8b9.JPG

It was cold as SH%T that day too!

Today Theme Park Review was invited to visit Adventure Island, the water park next to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay so that we could try out the new Vanish Point slides set to open with the park tomorrow! Four years ago

for the first time--my first Proslide SkyBox slide. Since that time I hadn't been back on one since, until today.

The slide is about 10 feet shorter than Ihu's Breakaway Falls but wraps around an existing slide complex for a truly interwoven that makes this third new slide very unique! The slides are translucent by design and allow rides to see partially outwards as the go along. The drop cabins (Proslide SkyBOX) continue to impress with the moment after the floor has dropped out from beneath you being unparalleled.

We'll have the video from my experience up shortly... Check out the photos below to get a glimpse at this excellent new attraction--I highly recommend checking it out when you're in the area!

1.thumb.JPG.719d34496027fe614ac7a6f1b1a16169.JPG

We were greeted by a few tall characters on our way in!

10.thumb.JPG.ab7518b85d9dc48e22891e0ad0535e84.JPG

I was told my scream was quite intense.

11.thumb.JPG.57f7900ccc6e9512a22edeea54360185.JPG

I cannot wait to see the full video!

12.thumb.JPG.21993820d073480cb1a883ee0809556a.JPG

Tons of attractions are kept in close proximity by design.

14.thumb.JPG.bcc34c4fc74380db2e7c1d336eef41b3.JPG

Tight turns to be found!

15.thumb.JPG.56e54ca62ad6414ba6dcab4b25b384ce.JPG

The three slides weave in and out of each other throughout the course of their respective layouts.

16.thumb.JPG.79585fbd63391fb80557c1811af9226d.JPG

Colossal Curl launches from the same platform as Vanish Point.

17.thumb.JPG.dd999e1716eea37a79d313ac38e6b333.JPG

For a less intense start...

18.thumb.JPG.150c1edbdb4be6ef2888b1e7ed792e14.JPG

Vanish Point features one traditional slide without the ProSlide Tech SkyBOX or the layout wrapping around the tube lift for Colossal Curl!

2.thumb.JPG.f85d1b0501cea23f84caedc314737c5c.JPG

We were also treated to the sounds of the park's steel drum band!

3.thumb.JPG.0dddd68e69c27b109c94ebee7a431b22.JPG

Vanish Point was added to a lower portion of the Colossal Curl station segment.

4.thumb.JPG.24fa572da268ff2183a3f092ca904fdd.JPG

Watchers too afraid to ride can from the entrance sign to see the expressions of the more-brave riders once they're in the tube.

5.thumb.JPG.7419b3bf337ca3fa94f9279d95474614.JPG

Colossal Curl and several other slides are packed together in this space.

7.thumb.JPG.8c9c5183b9b8bfb61d50767ae9d8fa47.JPG

A look at the super steep drops pf Vanish Point.

8.thumb.JPG.044316f441373714564fb3528262bdfc.JPG

And it keeps dropping!

9.thumb.JPG.f6022a56139c3893aec325de117107fc.JPG

Time to head in for myself...

19.thumb.JPG.9aa4e2b936f8d3b4ac351e5af3c9f931.JPG

Another look at the two SkyBOXes from Proslide!

20.thumb.JPG.7aa58d96836be9a87c38f474d43edc53.JPG

There's even a glass slit where you can look ahead in the direction you'll be dropping once inside.

21.thumb.JPG.bfea856b220911937d40ad6888682315.JPG

A beautiful, twisted collection of water slides!

22.thumb.JPG.13f2129edbe9dd459ac4b3fdf996c30e.JPG

A look at Colossal Curl...

23.thumb.JPG.7e06553949681ec975c929cc13093847.JPG

Special thanks to Adventure Island for hosting us today! Come down to check out this weekend as the water park opens for the season.

Edited by jedimaster1227

It's funny but I find myself scared to do the slide without the drop capsule as opposed to the ones with it. It's something about throwing myself down the slide vs being dropped lol.

Great report! I thought Adventure Island looked compact from atop the lift hills at Busch Gardens, but it looks even more compact from you photos. I lost count of how many slides I saw per photo.

I'm a big fan of the drop pod slides. Glad to see more popping up even if I may never make it to Adventure Island.

Nice report, I really enjoyed Adventure Island when I went. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It wasn't a huge park but the slides they have a great and the lines weren't very long for any of them the day I went.