TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 358: Two new slides & more announced for Adventure Island!

Not that you asked but...

Kumba... back row, right seat (the one closest to the exit platform).

You're welcome, get ready to fly.

At night.

Afternoon too.

Any time of the day, really.

Yeah, that's where I was going with that. Kind of like the opposite of Green Eggs and Ham.

At night.

Afternoon too.

All of this x100. That’s the best seat on one of the best B&Ms ever made, and it never gets old.

At night.

Afternoon too.

All of this x100. That’s the best seat on one of the best B&Ms ever made, and it never gets old.

Any Time of the year, honestly!

At night.

Afternoon too.

Any Time of the year, honestly!

But much later in the afternoon. I've noticed that B&M's tend to have a warm up period each day, and they tend to just haul donkey later in the day.

My rule for Montu is front row in the morning, and row 8 far left after 3 pm.

At night.

Afternoon too.

All hail the intense looping turquoise B&M.

Edited by Themonerd

Quick questions.......

We are planning to hit Busch gardens on the evening of July 3rd, all day on the 4th, and maybe a few hours on the 5th.

1. I expect the park to be busy on the 4th, but is it super busy to the point where it's impossible to ride much without a flash pass?

2. What's a good plan of attack for the coasters?

3. Is the dinning plan worth it?

4. Is it passable to get the coasters, rides, and a few shows in 1.5 days during the 4th of July?

5. How does the parent swap work at this park?

We are traveling with the kids(2 two year olds), so it slows us down a bit.

Thank's for any help or suggestions you guys share.

^All I can say is the park from my experience has been very busy even when it isn't July 4th, so I can only assume it will be busier on July 4th. Also, the park layout goes around the behind the scenes facilities, Gwazi, and the concert lawn/venue, so it takes a LONG time to make a lap around the park. In addition the pathways are twisted and sometimes tight so the crowds can make for a lot of congestion and slow movement. I would normally suggest arriving well before opening and hauling it to each coaster before it gets too busy but with two two year olds that isn't possible so you would probably be best off investing in their Quick Queue.

1. It won't be impossible, but it might be tight. If you want to ride everything multiple times, it will be necessary, but if you do things right, you can do it, especially with they way child swap works there. More on that later.

2. Best thing would be do everything ride-wise that you can on the first evening, then do rides again in the morning and evening of the 4th, and do shows in the middle of the day when the crowds are the worst. Currently, the best plan of attack is to rope drop Cheetah Hunt, then go to Montu, then go either to SheiKra or Falcon's Fury (check the BGT app to make sure the one you choose isn't down before going to it and wasting time. If one is down, go to the other one) and then work you way around the park in the direction you chose. Now this is before Cobra's Curse has opened. Once it does, it might be best to go there first, then to Cheetah, or it might be best to do Cheetah first still and then go to Cobra on the way to Montu as the morning crowd flow might change. Once it opens, check back here to see which is the best way to do it. If you somehow kiss rope dropping Cheetah and it has a long line once you get there, skip it and come back between 2-3. That's the slowest time of day there as everyone moves on to lunch and the back of the park. Once again, check the BGT app wait times regularly. They update it about 1-2 an hour and can be a massively helpful tool. Remember that you can only see the ride wait times once your phone's GPS tells the app you are in the park, so don't expect to be able to plan before you get there

3. The price of a dining plan is about the price of two full meals there. If you expect to eat at least 2 meals, you'll at least break even, and anything on top is a bonus. Remember that you can only get an entree once per hour, but everything else is unlimited. It also only works at 5 locations, so don't expect it to work at things like snack stands.

4. 1-2 covered that, but as I said before, it's possible if you do things right.

5. Child swap works by bringing your child up to the ride attendant at the front of any ride they are too short to ride. They will issue you a card where half of your party is sent up the Quick Queue or ride exit while the other half waits out of the line somewhere with the kids. Then once the first party is done, the second half uses the same card to do the same thing. Usually, if the wait time is under 30 minutes, they'll send you up immediately. If not, they will give you a time on the card to come back to the attraction. You can return to the ride anytime after that time, so don't be worried about getting there right on time. Also, you can get cards from as many attractions at a time as you want, so you can take a lap around the park and get child swap cards, then take another lap around and ride them with minimal wait. This also means that you don't have to deal with lockers (bags can't go in line at most rides) as there will always be someone out of the line to hold them.

1. It won't be impossible, but it might be tight. If you want to ride everything multiple times, it will be necessary, but if you do things right, you can do it, especially with they way child swap works there. More on that later.

2. Best thing would be do everything ride-wise that you can on the first evening, then do rides again in the morning and evening of the 4th, and do shows in the middle of the day when the crowds are the worst. Currently, the best plan of attack is to rope drop Cheetah Hunt, then go to Montu, then go either to SheiKra or Falcon's Fury (check the BGT app to make sure the one you choose isn't down before going to it and wasting time. If one is down, go to the other one) and then work you way around the park in the direction you chose. Now this is before Cobra's Curse has opened. Once it does, it might be best to go there first, then to Cheetah, or it might be best to do Cheetah first still and then go to Cobra on the way to Montu as the morning crowd flow might change. Once it opens, check back here to see which is the best way to do it. If you somehow kiss rope dropping Cheetah and it has a long line once you get there, skip it and come back between 2-3. That's the slowest time of day there as everyone moves on to lunch and the back of the park. Once again, check the BGT app wait times regularly. They update it about 1-2 an hour and can be a massively helpful tool. Remember that you can only see the ride wait times once your phone's GPS tells the app you are in the park, so don't expect to be able to plan before you get there

3. The price of a dining plan is about the price of two full meals there. If you expect to eat at least 2 meals, you'll at least break even, and anything on top is a bonus. Remember that you can only get an entree once per hour, but everything else is unlimited. It also only works at 5 locations, so don't expect it to work at things like snack stands.

4. 1-2 covered that, but as I said before, it's possible if you do things right.

5. Child swap works by bringing your child up to the ride attendant at the front of any ride they are too short to ride. They will issue you a card where half of your party is sent up the Quick Queue or ride exit while the other half waits out of the line somewhere with the kids. Then once the first party is done, the second half uses the same card to do the same thing. Usually, if the wait time is under 30 minutes, they'll send you up immediately. If not, they will give you a time on the card to come back to the attraction. You can return to the ride anytime after that time, so don't be worried about getting there right on time. Also, you can get cards from as many attractions at a time as you want, so you can take a lap around the park and get child swap cards, then take another lap around and ride them with minimal wait. This also means that you don't have to deal with fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo (bags can't go in line at most rides) as there will always be someone out of the line to hold them.

Thank you for the advice.

There are a few attractions we plan on skipping like the mouse coaster and the water rides(except for the log flume) unless we have time. The parent swap looks like a big help for our situation. We hope that cobras curse is open by then as it looks like a unique coaster.

I think one major thing to account for is the weather. In July, it rained and thundered pretty much every day in the afternoon and everything would close. When it does rain for a while, the park CLEARS out. If you're able to wait it out (and it's far enough before closing to reasonably assume the rides might reopen) then you should have hardly any lines at all when the weather clears in the evening. During bad weather, I suggest finding an area to bunker down (don't try to walk around the park if there's lightning in the area) and seeing the shows like Iceploration and Opening Night Critters as well as some of the covered animal exhibits (like Curiosity Caverns and Jambo Junction) and probably getting a late lunch or early dinner.

Also, Kumba and Montu (and often Sheikra too) are walk-ons in the evening, so more incentive to stick around if you can.

Quick question that hopefully someone can answer quickly. I am going to BGT tomorrow for the first time! I have the quick queue unlimited and I received a confirmation email. Do I have to print out my tickets? Or is there some way I can digitally use them at the park? I'm in Florida on Spring Break and don't exactly have a printer handy so if someone could reply to this ASAP that would be great! (Also I am open to suggestions as far as which seats to ride in for each ride goes)!

Quick question that hopefully someone can answer quickly. I am going to BGT tomorrow for the first time! I have the quick queue unlimited and I received a confirmation email. Do I have to print out my tickets? Or is there some way I can digitally use them at the park? I'm in Florida on Spring Break and don't exactly have a printer handy so if someone could reply to this ASAP that would be great! (Also I am open to suggestions as far as which seats to ride in for each ride goes)!

I'm not sure about using your phone at the gate, but you should be able to go to the ticket window and have them pull up your info. You should have a confirmation number in your email that you can give them and they can print your tickets.

You just need to write the confirmation number and take it to guest services inside the park ( which also takes care of all of the check ins, redemptions etc.) They will give you the wristbands there. Worth it this week cause I went yesterday and everything was between 45 minutes to 90 minutes.

If you have.a 1 day ticket, download them onto your phone and they will scan it at the turnstiles.