TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

Sorry for the double post but today we got to do behind-the-scenes tours of all the coasters and I took some photos on my iPod. I'm not the greatest at taking photos so excuse the quality.

Also, the lady giving us a tour of Montu called the 3rd inversion a "camelback hill" and I'm pretty sure it's a 0G roll. Also, every single person called the wheels under the track "up-lift wheels" but I've always known them as upstop wheels....is there another term for it or is everyone at Busch literally going crazy?

I've always heard upstop wheels which makes sense as they stop you from going up and not the other way round.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

I went to the park today to use my $10 perk and found out today was the first day the new Pantopia Grill was open to the public(technically a soft openning but close enough) I order the Italian Sampler Platter($13.99) which had italian sausage, stuffed cantalloni, pasta with sauce, a piece of grilled chicken and a ROLL! The new food area looks amazing and pictures don't do it justice, so please go try it today!CAM00330.thumb.jpg.34dca59431ab8b1c3ee6eec3ecc8eb32.jpg

A sign showing the new menu items.

CAM00332.thumb.jpg.e63240b89d91b19c3a08a3f1378cf921.jpg

The left side

CAM00333.thumb.jpg.5039750c90b617eddfe93f3f31f8e0ae.jpg

The right side

CAM00331.thumb.jpg.8d0cd9515190dabe8dad4503ec14383c.jpg

The middle area

CAM00334.thumb.jpg.b4e86b64f5e8a589b71458bac115b6a4.jpg

The Italian Sampler Platter and a slice of cake.

CAM00328.thumb.jpg.78a83e0e7cc91aea35ec821521e44bb0.jpg

A moment of cute for the day: a wild red shoulder hawk still a sleep after getting work done on its broken leg.

Sorry for the double post but today we got to do behind-the-scenes tours of all the coasters and I took some photos on my iPod. I'm not the greatest at taking photos so excuse the quality.

Also, the lady giving us a tour of Montu called the 3rd inversion a "camelback hill" and I'm pretty sure it's a 0G roll. Also, every single person called the wheels under the track "up-lift wheels" but I've always known them as upstop wheels....is there another term for it or is everyone at Busch literally going crazy?

I've always heard upstop wheels which makes sense as they stop you from going up and not the other way round.

I've never heard them called uptrack wheels before, so maybe that was a slip of the tongue. Uptrack doesn't really make sense as a term. I've heard zero G rolls called camelback hills before, but again this is bit of a weird term and better describes actual camelbak hills

While Mako will make a huge statement in Orlando, it's sister park in Tampa is building something that will make a statement across the theme park world. Lots of B&M hypercoasters out there have been built, and Mako will have reasons to stand alone, but I have not seen a ride like Cobra's Curse...EVER!

My sentiments exactly!! Cobra's Curse is definitely the most exciting coaster announcement for 2016 to me, and it will take something truly amazing and one-of-a-kind to top it. I could see how Orlando locals might be more excited about Mako, but this ride has so many brand new elements and such a unique design (that I can't say for Mako). I'm not the biggest fan of spinning coasters, but it looks like this will change the traditional spin into a wholly different experience. And if the theming lives up to the concept art, we have a Disney E-ticket on our hands!

Sorry for the double post but today we got to do behind-the-scenes tours of all the coasters and I took some photos on my iPod.

Cool report, I enjoyed it. Would love to do a backstage tour once, looks very fun!

We got to ride Kumba too! This ride seriously melts my face every single time I've ridden it!

Couldn't agree more. BGT has many great coasters, and Kumba is in my opinion the best of the lot!

I've never heard them called uptrack wheels before, so maybe that was a slip of the tongue. Uptrack doesn't really make sense as a term. I've heard zero G rolls called camelback hills before, but again this is bit of a weird term and better describes actual camelbak hills

They were calling them "uplift wheels" and at least 3 people said it so I don't think it was a slip of the tongue!

While I'm not hugely excited for this, it handily exceeds any expectations I might have had for a family coaster. Nice work!

That pretty much sums up how I feel about this coaster.

Ditto. No doubt about it, this will be well-done because it's Busch Gardens Tampa, and it's definitely not a cookie cutter layout that you'll run into at the local Six Flags. To me, Spinners, Eurofighters (coasters of that sort in general) are very underwhelming- they look a lot cooler than they actually ride. My favorite thing about them is that they keep people out of the other lines in the park. The good news is that just like most anything else that the Busch Parks do- for one reason or another, it should be worth at least checking out.

Edited by Ed Farmer
The only Busch Coaster that has been cloned so far is Sheikra. Everything else is pretty much original layouts.

Some of the smaller ones are clones- Scorpion, Cheetah Chase, Tempesto (Williamsburg), and Great White at SeaWorld Houston. Not sure if you mean that none of Busch coasters have ever gone on to be cloned for other parks (sans Sheikra), in which case you're right.

I was at Busch Gardens Tampa yesterday and here's what I rode!

SheiKra-1 time front row

Scorpion-1 time

Montu-2 times once back row

Kumba-1 time front row

The non coasters are

The train-2 times one if them was waiting on the train for over a hour because of a medical emergency in the park

Bumper cars-this was my first time on a bumper car type ride I usually skip them

Ill upload images as soon I figure out how to upload them from my device but I did buy a awesome new t shirt

6x the fury and includes scorpion, falcon fury, cheetahs hunt,kumba,month, and sheikra!!

The only Busch Coaster that has been cloned so far is Sheikra. Everything else is pretty much original layouts.

Some of the smaller ones are clones- Scorpion, Cheetah Chase, Tempesto (Williamsburg), and Great White at SeaWorld Houston. Not sure if you mean that none of Busch coasters have ever gone on to be cloned for other parks (sans Sheikra), in which case you're right.

Journey To Atlantis in San Antonio and San Diego I believe are clones, but I'm not sure those were built by Busch. Manta (Orlando) however, was cloned at Nagashima Spaland but Busch still had the original. I'm guessing Cobra's Curse will be basically too unique to clone!

What a waste of money and space this new coaster will be! They should have retracked Gwazi instead or put in a new animal exhibit. With this new coaster you might as well be riding teacups, that's how queasy Cobra's Curse is probably going to make riders with the spinning. Without doubt it will be the worst coaster at any Busch park!

What a waste of money and space this new coaster will be! They should have retracked Gwazi instead or put in a new animal exhibit. With this new coaster you might as well be riding teacups, that's how queasy Cobra's Curse is probably going to make riders with the spinning. Without doubt it will be the worst coaster at any Busch park!

I can't even imagine your thought process. Are you serious? I'd much rather have a "first of it's kind" coaster by MACK then have an RMC which are rapidly increasing in a number of regional parks. Yes, I do hope BG converts Gwazi into an RMC, but I feel like I could wait for that. They cannot always be adding a thrill ride, especially since they literally just added Falcon's Fury a year ago. This coaster is mainly aimed at families and to be honest, it appears to be nothing like riding tea cups because the cars will lock forward AND spin. I firmly believe this won't be the worst coaster at any Busch Park and even it if were, that would still be a compliment considering how many amazing coasters the Busch family of parks has.

Wow! What a Negative Nancy you are! This will not be "the worst coaster at any Busch Park" by a long shot. I think you might be "the most ungrateful guest at any Busch Park" though...

So, I couldn't find this anywhere on their website. Does BGT do souvenir cups with cheap refills for the day you buy it? I know they had one last year shaped like Falcon's Fury, but I just wanted to make sure. I like to have a drink to carry around with me throughout the day and I'm going for the first time next Friday.

Everything Busch does coaster wise is always world class. I don't see this as a waste of money at all. I guess this means there will be one less person in line I have to wait behind then. How about waiting and riding for yourself before you judge this coaster. The majority including Robb and Alyssa don't seem to think this is a waste of money. And if they think it's going to be a winner, with their impressive coaster track record, then I'm with them.

Obvious troll is obvious.

So, I couldn't find this anywhere on their website. Does BGT do souvenir cups with cheap refills for the day you buy it? I know they had one last year shaped like Falcon's Fury, but I just wanted to make sure. I like to have a drink to carry around with me throughout the day and I'm going for the first time next Friday.

Even better. Busch (and SeaWorld) has $10.99 souvenir cups with free refills for the day you buy it, and $0.99 refills for any day after that. They just put up a stand selling blue ones at the entrance, but they are also sold at practically every restaurant and snack stand if you want a different design or color.

Edited by rcrider4