TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 357: Iron Gwazi Officially Opening March 2022!

Hmm...Assuming he's more reliable than the dippin dots guy, then I guess we should be hearing an announcement from the park about that soon. As with BGW, they seem to like to take their time when it comes to announcing 2015.

The train guy at BGT is WAY more reliable than the dippin dots guy. On my visit he predicted Falcon's Fury would open in August, and look what happened.

He told me that they have a coaster designed for 2015. That's all I know.

It's a Premier rides S:UF clone.

At Busch Gardens Tampa? I highly doubt it. I know Williamsburg is receiving one, but Tampa is expecting a larger scale coaster from what I been hearing.

It's been up for discussion for a while but that listing and photo is believed to be of Twist and Shout from Loudoun Castle, a clone of Scorpion but definitely not Scorpion. Notice in the photo that there is shrubbery and trees throughout the layout, something that Scorpion distinctly lacks.

I got two rides on Falcon's Fury Sunday. The tilt at the top felt more than 90 degrees. The drop is comparable to an Itamin gyro drop. The swing back to normal position pulled some gs. All in all, it's the best drop tower I've ever been on, by far. FF is the first ride to give me the adrenaline shakes in years and that's not a bad thing.

--Kris

Maybe dumb question, but I've never been to Florida outside of the summers. I'm planning a trip to Busch Gardens and Universal Studios for my honeymoon and it will be in either November or January likely. Do they close any of the rides over these winter months? I imagine the water rides close? Anything else about this time of year that would make the experience less fun than if we waited till Spring?

Maybe dumb question, but I've never been to Florida outside of the summers. I'm planning a trip to Busch Gardens and Universal Studios for my honeymoon and it will be in either November or January likely. Do they close any of the rides over these winter months? I imagine the water rides close? Anything else about this time of year that would make the experience less fun than if we waited till Spring?

In January, certain water rides will be closed at Universal (Dudley and Popeye most likely), and likely all three of Busch's will be down. Certain rides that need annual maintenance will also go down in January as its one of the slowest, if not the slowest, months of the year. However, this largely depends on the ride and how much work it may need on it.

November is a bit warmer and busier (still not crowded) so most rides will probably be open, maybe with the exception of a water ride at Busch Gardens.

Overall, the Orlando rides are pretty solid about being open on a consistent basis, so just enjoy the low crowds and have a good time! And remember that maintenance refurbs are all subject to change schedule...nothing is 100%.

The two weeks in November between Halloween and Thanksgiving week are the deadest of the dead of the dead weeks on the schedule (except at Epcot, where Food and Wine goes from "Busy, hot, and 5 rows deep around the lagoon for Illuminations" to "Even better weather and normal crowds"). I would recommend that time over January, especially since, as OrlandoGuy noted, the water rides are closed in January since it is colder. Universal will probably not be refurbing anything and I myself am banking on wait times for Gringott's diving down to a regular 20-30 minutes.