TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 358: Two new slides & more announced for Adventure Island!

It was 6 inches of rain in 2 hours. Not the easiest thing to drain from a deep trench.

Exactly--that's a torrential downpour even by Florida standards.

Edited by cfc

We've been under water for days here in Florida. That's the problem, we can usually handle a big downpour like that but the ground is already saturated so there's just nowhere for this water to go.

Did some of Montu's trenches flood? Or is that on higher ground that Cheetah Hunt so the midways don't direct water to the trench?

^They probabyl just received 2''. B&M inverts usually have at least 3 meters of vertical clearance (on un-banked turns) so at least Montu's track is safe.

I dont think any right minded person is blaming the water! Just awful irrigation planning!

Bring in the hippos!

I think you mean drainage not irrigation(!), plus like others have said it was an extreme downpour after days of rain, I don't think it's awful planning to flood once in the three years its been open after so much rain. As said water needs to drain somewhere and if the water table is high, it has nowhere to go.

Did some of Montu's trenches flood? Or is that on higher ground that Cheetah Hunt so the midways don't direct water to the trench?

^They probabyl just received 2''. B&M inverts usually have at least 3 meters of vertical clearance (on un-banked turns) so at least Montu's track is safe.

It's "safer" but I've seen a piece of Great Bear's track fully underwater, so it's not guaranteed. (but still less likely)

It's "safer" but I've seen a piece of Great Bear's track fully underwater, so it's not guaranteed. (but still less likely)

Well, that is a completely different situation. Montu's trenches are around 3 meters in depth. Unless 3 meters of rain build up, it shouldn't have an issue.

I was literally packing for a park trip and waiting for my Cheetah Hunt t-shirt to finish in the dryer when I read this...the ultimate irony! XD

Hope they get it up and running as soon as they can, though. It also makes me wonder about the river slalom and other trenches, I wonder just how much of it is underwater. :/

But hey, look on the bright side, splashdown!