TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Posted Images

Edit: I'm not sure if you've been to the park before but ride Kumba in the back row all the way on the right side of the train (near the unload platform). I promise you'll leave the ride angry at B&M for building the crap they build now instead of more rides just like Kumba. The ride is great in every seat but in that seat it's completely insane. You're welcome.

I can also say the same for Montu. Backseat on both rides are flawless and they will not disappoint.

cwgator...

Those photos are great, but I wanted to point out a couple things.

BTW, I am from Orange Lake. I used to work at Silver Springs in Ocala with the reptiles and birds.

Crocodiles and alligators open their mouths to regulate body heat. Humans regulate body heat from the top of our heads and from our feet.

The pythons are 2 different species. The darker colored one is a Burmese Python, and the other is a Reticulated Python. Both very dangerous, and cabable of eating a human.

If they haven't, they seriously need to repaint Montu! It is looking terrible. It doesn't effect the operation, but the old man still needs a touch up!

I was kind of bummed, though, because later on when I was walking through the BB&BBQ event area, there was a booth selling chicken and waffles with Red Pepper Flake Syrup for $5.99. Looked like a decent amount of food for a very decent price. I'll definitely be going back to try it if I end up going back again for the event.

That's a great deal! At a SF park, that's about a half order of fries!

I still think they should turn the Crown Colony House into a Red Lobster style safari restaurant. You go out on the deck and shoot your meal!

I'm going to be heading to the park here in a few weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Couple of follow up questions though,

1. Is Cheetah Hunt back up and running? (And if it's not do you think it would be in two weeks time?)

2. Can you get a fast pass once inside the park? For example an hour after opening if it's getting really crowded?

Thanks in advance

I think Cheetah Hunt is open again but I'd ride it first as it's an Intamin and it breaks down frequently. There are automated machines throughout the park that let you purchase the quick queue. We got it on our visit but am not sure we needed it. It came in handy a little but wasn't all that crowded.

It's worth noting that it's not good for Scorpion or the Wild Mouse which have low capacity so once you ride Cheetah Hunt I suggest taking the skyride back to those rides and getting them done early. The other lines are usually pretty manageable since the other coasters are mostly B&M people eaters.

Edit: I'm not sure if you've been to the park before but ride Kumba in the back row all the way on the right side of the train (near the unload platform). I promise you'll leave the ride angry at B&M for building the crap they build now instead of more rides just like Kumba. The ride is great in every seat but in that seat it's completely insane. You're welcome.

Edit again: I just saw your post in the favorite inversion thread where you said your favorite inversion was a barrel roll. I said the same thing, but you don't even know the meaning of "barrel roll" until you ride Kumba in that seat.

Back of Kumba and Montu. Insane B&M epicnesss. Got it. Thanks for the help!

Back row of Kumba... but back seat all the way on the right (near the unload platform). You should be taking notes, there will be a quiz afterwards.

I'm never the kind of person to care about ultra specific seats... but the things that ride does when you're in that seat are probably illegal in most states.

Back row of Kumba... but back seat all the way on the right (near the unload platform). You should be taking notes, there will be a quiz afterwards.

I'm never the kind of person to care about ultra specific seats... but the things that ride does when you're in that seat are probably illegal in most states.

Or at least California.

Or at least California.

Will the quiz be multiple choice?? How many points?? What if I break down (insert lousy Intamin joke here)???

I'll be sure to go back right though

Ooh.. May 1st, sounds cool! My cousin will be going to Florida from April 28th to May 9th. Can't wait to tell him about the opening. He has been looking up the construction pics for the last 3 weeks. He's a drop tower fanatic.

Just to let everyone know, I was invited to do an early ride of Falcons Fury on April 23rd along with other media. Expect pictures and video's then!

Lucky you. This thing looks insane!

I cant wait lol. Its gonna ROCK!

• 2 weeks later...

I still think they should turn the Crown Colony House into a Red Lobster style safari restaurant. You go out on the deck and shoot your meal!

And if you can successfully convince them that you were standing your ground by the time the check comes, they take 25% off.

And if you can successfully convince them that you were standing your ground by the time the check comes, they take 25% off.

Ummmm...... I don't wanna eat crabs that were shot by a gun. LMAO

Swung by on Tuesday. I was a bit worried that Spring Break would throw a wrench in wait times, luckily it didn't. Despite this, more than a handful of the day's visitors opted for whatever fast pass Busch offers. :shrugs:

Stayed from 2 until about 6 and got a handful of laps on both Kumba and Montu (including some stay put re-rides on both towards the end of our day).

Like many, I think much of B&M's recent offerings are bm, but anytime I'm able to get a few spins on Kumba I walk away feeling almost as if they deserve a pass for everything (except Superman Ultimate Flight). If I wrote poems, I would write one about Kumba. On the other side of the park, in my experience, Montu rides are hit or miss. A miss is a pretty good ride, and hit means it rides like a giant Batman The Ride. On Tuesday, it was hit. We made sure to take advantage of that and the day's linelessness. If Batshee's Banwing is even half as good as whatever the hell it was that we treated to on Montu, then it will be a thing. I think the Pretzel Loop found on B&M's bm Flyers are probably more intense, but because of the awkward position your body finds itself in as you navigate it, all of those nice forces are joyless.

We also took a pair of laps on Sheikra, and one on Cheetah Hunt (our longest wait time of the afternoon at 15 minutes). It's a people-eater, and the air dealt in the last row off the African Top Hat (very Demon-esque) always justifies at least a token lap. It was a bummer to see that Gwazi was down for the day- was hoping to give it a few spins in case it's time is indeed limited. Anyone know what the problem was? I thought I saw something about Seasonal/Routine MX, but I could have just imagined that. The new Intamin Drop Tower is comically massive.