TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

^True. BGW removed Big Bad Wolf because it had "reached the end of its operational life," which does make one wonder about an old Schwarzkopf ride like Scorpion.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

^Removing Scorpion would give you the perfect amount of area to build a PolerCoaster, though! haha...I'm sure one would fit into the Pantopia theme perfectly.

In all seriousness, the re-theme artwork looks great, and I'm glad to see them give this area of the park some TLC.

The thing that could save it is it's relatively small footprint. Unless Stanley Falls gets the axe too, The area gained by removing Scorpion just isn't that large.

You could get a pretty wicked eurofighter in there...

^That's actually a great point. The press release doesn't reference the 4-D theater at all... I wonder what we could see happen to that venue with the coming of Pantopia, whether it be concurrent with the realm remodeling or after Falcon's Fury opens. It certainly is a big enough plot to support a DarKastle style attraction.

A DarKastle style attraction would be really good. Now that 3-D is regularly available in local theaters, it doesn't seem nearly as popular as it used to be.

Hmmm...I wonder what will happen to the 3-D theater.

Well, Tampa could be going the route of what Williamsburg is doing with the Globe theater for 2014. Converting the venue back to a live entertainment facility. I think its been nearly 20 years since real performers have been on that stage (Though, they might have done a short run of a "Sesame Street" themed show when the kids "Forest of Fun" area opened). Tampa appears to be doing the same.

I do hope they consider putting in a pathway to Sheikra. When I worked there as an employee, it was a short trip from behind First Aid over to Sheikra, and if they themed it as a hidden path, it could work. Always saved me a ton of time!

^^Williamsburg had a Sesame Street Christmas show in the Old Globe Theatre during the first year of Christmas Town, as well as a Sesame Street 4D flick.

Edited by cfc

A path from Pantopia to the Sheikra plaza would be amazing.

Yeah, you gotta wonder about the future of Scorpion and the log flume. I love a good log flume but that thing is old and it's days have to be numbered. I'd love to see a new log flume ride put into that section.

Schwarzkopfs were built pretty well and there are several Schwarzkofs that are going on 40+ years operating. I mean, there’s a big difference between BGT and Lagoon, but Jet Star 2 is going on 42 years (40 at Lagoon) and Fire Dragon going on 33 years (31 at Lagoon). I mean, sure, Lagoon has had to do a crap ton of work to keep Jet Star 2 operating safely, like fabricating stronger wheel housings, replacing the anti rollback system, fabricating new track, reinforcing the track and uprights, new PLC, new loading station, and the constant welding, but for them it’s worth it. Likewise Fire Dragon has had to have some work done on the uprights and track, but nothing major, and the trains are still in great condition. BGT could keep Scorpion operating for quite a few more years easily.

I really like the retheming of that whole area. Other than Scorpion, the area always seemed dated and a bit tacky to me. Much as I like Scorpion, I would skip it if the crowds were larger. It was a long trek to the area. If that area gets really busy because of all the newness, I really hope they bring back 2 train operations on Scorpion like back in the 90's and early 2000's. Otherwise it will be a long wait for the ride. Does anyone know whatever happened to the second train? It always used to sit on the transfer track there after ridership decreased once other coasters took over in popularity and I haven't seen the second train in years now. Also, I really hope the keep the flume ride, it's actually quite fun and one of my favorite old style flumes.

National Geographic Channel. It's part of the Discovery line up on your cable stations.

Yes, you are correct but I was referring to their second channel ''Nat Geo Wild'' which is airing this show. I haven't been able to find what channel that is from my provider.

What provider do you have? It is 132 on FiOS, 108 on Comcast, 155 on Bright House, 190 on Dish, 283 on DirectTV, 266 on U-Verse, 144 on Cox Cable, 158 on Optimum CableVision, and 238 on Time Warner. If you aren't listed here, I don't think you have Nat Geo Wild.