TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Posted Images

^Kumba and Montu both have 4 trains (one is always in refurb - and it seems they usually only run 2 at a time) so I'm sure that helps keep the trains in the best condition.

They do run 3. Kumba very rarely. Montu will run 3 before Kumba.

The number of trains they run depend on the daily attendance projections.

Once again, other parks need to take notes!

^Kumba and Montu both have 4 trains (one is always in refurb - and it seems they usually only run 2 at a time) so I'm sure that helps keep the trains in the best condition.

I've always loved that about BGT. Have a vehicle a rehab and still run at full capacity.

^^Can I also add that it's one of the best sounding roller coasters too?

I took this back in March and yes it was shot with a crappy Android, but it still gives you an idea. The sound it makes when it goes though the Cobra Roll.....

I've never ridden kumba (sadly) but I have been on rides like Dragon Khan that have a really awesome roar, Great Bear also sounds pretty cool and I think every single B&M should sound like that. I'm a bit sad that lately their rides have been coming out pretty quiet. Maybe they have been filling more of them with sand or maybe they get louder with age. Anyway, it should be illegal to silence the roar of B&M.

I posted a question recently about the fate of Rhino Rally and now that post is gone. Was there something in my post that warranted removal from this thread? If there was what was it so I don't make the same mistakes in the future?

I've ridden a few B&M sitdowns(Wildfire, Incredible Hulk, and Kumba of course) and when I rode Kumba I felt it was just meh compared to the other ones I've been on. I honestly have never been wowed by any B&M sitdowns.

Your username is Kumba2013 but you thought Kumba was "meh"?!?!

Busch Gardens Tampa has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming remodeling of Timbuktu into the realm of Pantopia, encompassing the brand new Falcon's Fury!

Busch Gardens® Tampa has announced that when it launches Falcon’s Fury™, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, in spring 2014, it will also unveil its newest land – Pantopia™.

Currently known as Timbuktu, the fully remodeled Pantopia™ will boast elaborately-jeweled theming and feature thrilling rides and attractions, sensational new food and beverage options, exciting entertainment, shopping, a renovated indoor theater and more.

Located in the heart of Busch Gardens, the centerpiece of Pantopia™ will be Falcon’s Fury™. The one-of-a-kind drop tower will stand at 335 feet and beckon guests from across the globe as it takes riders soaring straight down. At the ride’s highest point there is an element of surprise. Like its bird of prey namesake, riders will pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later they'll plunge 60 mph at 3.5 Gs straight down.

In addition to Falcon’s Fury™, this completely reimagined land will be a creative haven that has been inspired by centuries of world travelers, offering something for every member of the family.

“In addition to the power and allure of Falcon’s Fury™, Pantopia™ will celebrate the spirit of animals, welcome adventurers from the four corners of the earth, explore ancient lore and display fantastic architecture,” says Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean. “Guests will find multiple portals and doorways and learn about the legends that have drawn journeyers from around the world to Pantopia™. Plus, family favorites like the Scorpion, Phoenix, Bush Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train will return.”

For more updates about Falcon’s Fury™ and Pantopia™, go to falconsfury.com. And be the first to know about new events and special deals by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com. You can also “like” the Busch Gardens Facebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter, on Pinterest and Instagram.

image.thumb.jpg.6efcacd9684b9ae83546ba93064b4289.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e4f3d1862159dbc7b5edc12af8e9ed3f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d81e6818b4c64e97792b2ab427dd8c5d.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.0b9ff10dcff2a673a411859d80f4ce2e.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.86dda4d52f2d41642ae05721de52c9e6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.6265686b0af50f2fef0691ae6fd08051.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

One thing I wish would happen is a pathway from Pantopia straight to Sheikra (perhaps in-between the Desert Grill and Scorpion and relocate Scorpion's entrance to the other side therefore there would be more room in the station). It would be really convenient for people so you don't have to walk all the way around just to get there.

^^ I wonder if the exisiting rides will be rethemed/renamed?

I wonder if Scorpion's days are numbered? Seems like the perfect spot to put in a big new ride.

I didn't even think of that. Especially if they removed Stanley Falls. They would have a ton of room for a new ride.

tampabg.jpg.12fd746c706f2ab9973182e4559683f4.jpg

^^ I wonder if the exisiting rides will be rethemed/renamed?

I wonder if Scorpion's days are numbered? Seems like the perfect spot to put in a big new ride.

I certainly hope not! I would be very upset if that were to happen!

I hope Scorpion stays, my son loves that little coaster and it's one of only a few he can ride right now at 48inches. I too like that little coaster it is a fun coaster for the size and compact layout. I hope Stanleyville Falls doesn't end up on the chopping block anytime in the future. It's a classic plus being one of the longest flumes in the country.

Plus, family favorites like the Scorpion, Phoenix, Bush Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train will return.”

^Scorpion is staying.

Pantopia sounds like a nice way to refresh Timbuktu. I'm glad that Busch is going all out for Falcon's Fury.

I didn't mean that Scorpion would be leaving anytime soon or with this re-theme. But could it's days be "numbered?" Every park has a 5-year and 10-year plan. With re-theming an entire area, makes me wonder about things like a ride that's 30 years old and how much life it has left.