TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

.Thanks! I'd love to ride Cheetah Hunt, especially in the rain! We got launched into a sprinkle on Maverick in 2011 and it rocked, and with me expecting Cheetah Hunt to top Maverick in the top 10 that would be epic!

Yeah, you should probably tamper that expectation quite a bit or expect a massive disappointment.

They may both be Intamin multi-launch rides, but Cheetah Hunt isn't in the same stratosphere as Maverick....

.Thanks! I'd love to ride Cheetah Hunt, especially in the rain! We got launched into a sprinkle on Maverick in 2011 and it rocked, and with me expecting Cheetah Hunt to top Maverick in the top 10 that would be epic!

Yeah, you should probably tamper that expectation quite a bit or expect a massive disappointment.

They may both be Intamin multi-launch rides, but Cheetah Hunt isn't in the same stratosphere as Maverick....

Yeah, don't know what led you to believe that Cheetah Hunt was on the same level as Maverick. Cheetah Hunt is a family-launched coaster and a very good one at that. You will still have a lot of fun riding it, but you need to lower your expectations for it.

Yeah, don't know what led you to believe that Cheetah Hunt was on the same level as Maverick. Cheetah Hunt is a family-launched coaster and a very good one at that. You will still have a lot of fun riding it, but you need to lower your expectations for it.

The thing is it doesn't look intense, it looks fun. I like fun rides more than intense rides, usually. Looki g at some of the rides in my top 10 (Intimidator, Millie, GateKeeper) you can see good examples of this. Cheetah Hin looks like Intamin's hardware on B&M floatiness that I love in instances like that. The creeping through the wind catcher looks sick, the drop off the wind catcher looks sick, the s-curves in the canyon look fun, and the entry into the final brakes is just...wrong! I like a good, long ride that sustains its speed nicely, and that's why I think Cheetah Hunt looks great. I admit my taste in rides looks different from that of other enthusiasts (I think I might be one of very few people to have GateKeeper, Wild Eagle, or Intimidator in my top 10. I might be disappointed, but it honestly looks like my type of ride.

Falcon's Fury is going to be beautiful! The colors remind me of Knotts Windseeker a bit.

Went by this morning and a few more pieces have arrived. I'm assuming the yellow will be the base of the tower, with the brown\gold piece joining into the base. Just a guess. Anyone seen these towers constructed before?

Anyway, enjoy!

DSC_0204.thumb.JPG.2d60989c09bf9687e01e6f9475a8692f.JPG

What I am guessing will be the base of the tower.

DSC_0205.thumb.JPG.4863fc4754507e78ee82595cf5c062c2.JPG

DSC_0206.thumb.JPG.bd14cc77130a7723939b5ac7958c41ff.JPG

DSC_0207.thumb.JPG.e0c13c56e2edffc33fd60f04daf5c5ba.JPG

DSC_0208.thumb.JPG.f121eca74782545474b5dd1502aea034.JPG

Closer view of one of the new pieces.

DSC_0209.thumb.JPG.3e245066cb4a2cc2b6210c17e20a90b4.JPG

DSC_0210.thumb.JPG.f026ccf9414f1406a03b8c36ab6796fd.JPG

DSC_0211.thumb.JPG.6ee63ae4d75b5c447e45eb7bedf19bc8.JPG

I am assuming these are for the top of the tower.

DSC_0212.thumb.JPG.fc1f0cc4e90c4f113eb3b986d3a0d566.JPG

DSC_0213.thumb.JPG.3a3dc2061ca807b7a56ba229e51f0d26.JPG

DSC_0214.thumb.JPG.fcd61f57e9e80c1da6b53b2e94c60851.JPG

DSC_0215.thumb.JPG.b9b83d899c32ec2ff4e9911624786df2.JPG

Wow, the metalwork is arriving in force. I'm so excited to see this thing come together! This looks to be the first theme park ride in many years that will scare the living crap out of me so I can't wait to get to Florida to ride!!

^hahaha, you do realize that it's an Intamin right? It will be down half of its life span.

Because Busch Gardens non-intamin drop tower has been doing so well.....

Yeah, I doubt an Intamin drop tower can ever top a Moser when it comes to downtime. I know this from local experience.