TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed overnight in Tampa after going to the Madonna concert last night. I worked a half day from the hotel and we decided to visit the park for a few hours given we were down the road.

We arrived around 1 and started with Serengeti Flyer, Kumba, Sheikra. Iron Gwazi and wrapped things up with back left on Montu. 

Operations were surprisingly good. Montu and Kumba were both running two trains with little to no stacking and Sheikra was running 3 trains. Iron Gwazi just seems to keep getting better with age. Outside of the Texan RMCs, I think this one has the best lap bars. The ops don’t staple and the lap bars don’t tighten at all during the ride - good stuff. The Skyride was closed for no apparent reason but otherwise a good day. Friday must be the sweet spot for operations lately. 

Lastly, I swear that Sheikra is the least-rattlyest B&M coaster out there. Restraints aside, it rides like a dream compared to Valravn and Dr D. that have a noticeable up and down shake to them. 

Boyfriend is out of town this weekend so I had a nice solo visit to the park today. Iron Gwazi had surprisingly "fast" dispatches (average around 90 seconds) which is a sweet spot interval for not stacking trains. Cheetah Hunt was also running 4 trains / 2 stations with decent operations too. Kumba's newly refurbished train 1 is running like a dream and I had some of the best rides I've had on it. It and Montu were also on two trains and dispatching quickly and overall it was a very good day at the park. Only downside is Scorpion was closed (seemingly unexpectedly) and Cheetah Hunt went down in the afternoon. I left around 3:00 and it still hadn't come back up.

The weather was also absolutely perfect. Clear skies and upper 70s. Trying to enjoy this nice weather before things start becoming grossly hot next month.

• Like 1

Most (or maybe all?) of the track is in place. I couldn't get the best view or pictures as the Skyride was closed. They got a lot done in the 19 days since I was last there. It also looks like Pass Member previews will be next month according to the rewards page on the website.

PhoenixRising4.thumb.jpg.8a58f7b8f3b4ad4b6a725d490e3b304c.jpg

PhoenixRising5.thumb.jpg.88cb13ccbd999ca7fda9c9f7fa19a687.jpg

• Like 1