TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

She's alive and well, Joey. That bitch doesn't age because she looks pretty much the same as she did when I remember seeing her as a guest on Love Boat in the 70's & 80's! She put on a really good show. Can't understand a damn word she says, but she's funny! She embarrassed the hell out of some emo kid in the front row, which was a RIOT!

You can thank her plastic surgeon for that...lol

Went to BGT for the first time last Tuesday (March 29). Performed with my marching band at the main gate, and stayed a few hours afterwords. I must say I was very impressed with the park, and crowds were fairly low.

I was able to hit all of the coasters except for Montu (unfortunately). Gwazi was running exceptionally well, and I had a very enjoyable ride in the front seat. I really love the trains, they were very comfortable and spacious. SheiKra was also a great ride and my first dive machine, that first drop is just insane. Kumba really didn't do much for me, but it was fun.

Seeing the construction of Cheetah upclose was a highlight, wish we would have come a bit later but oh well. I had a great time at the park even though I was only there for a few hours.

Hey, I was there Tuesday, but I didn't see any marching band. Though I did see some high school kids with some high school tshirts who were annoying, so maybe I did. Why didn't you get to go on Montu? Ran out of time?

Yeah, just plain ran out of time Tuesday.

We performed 11:30AM at the Entrance Plaza and apparently are the first band to perform out there. We are from Beavercreek, Ohio.

There is a full train in the station and Darwin award winner fencing is nearly done. Testing could be very soon. They will probably finish up the fence this week so maybe next week they can let her loose.

Mostly off topic but , have you guys ever seen the Christian the lion video on Youtube. I love the big cats and the video is really pretty cool, watch the 2 minute version...and be a good friend.

She's alive and well, Joey. That bitch doesn't age because she looks pretty much the same as she did when I remember seeing her as a guest on Love Boat in the 70's & 80's! She put on a really good show. Can't understand a damn word she says, but she's funny! She embarrassed the hell out of some emo kid in the front row, which was a RIOT!

Wow, I always thought she went down with the Love Boat!

Ahh too bad I live all the way in Pennsylvania... I've been on mostly all the Intamin's up here already!

This sure looks like a world class attraction, I'm sure it lives up to Busch Gardens expectations, the theming is looking great, and with Intamin on the sticker, you can just tell it'll be good. The inversions are looking sexier each time I see them!

I'm really hoping for a testing soon! Opening day isn't all that far away, and there's lots left to do!

I was back at the park last Friday to check on the progress of Cheetah Hunt.

100_2016.JPG.98ee21aea23d3c3359ed56f406d8ac89.JPG

Looking good!

100_2018.JPG.4a6a879e19d7f40195a1abb59f333be4.JPG

100_2017.JPG.80c7ad982e64e0daa711844cbaa69e27.JPG

100_2019.JPG.a194a831919d89ff3b91cb225ff60dc0.JPG

Cheetah Hunt merchandise is now available in the Emporium. These are just a few of the shirts that are available.

100_2030.JPG.eeca98853f73d4feff98cbe521eb3968.JPG

100_2033.JPG.112450b2fc22901fb98506ee0cf4241e.JPG

100_2032.JPG.8246f6c4ae960866855b8ce67e556364.JPG

The Cheetah Chase wild mouse has officially changed its name to Sand Serpent. The new attraction sign went up about a week ago. Looks great!

100_1951.JPG.74612e0932a45e13d24fae7ccf5ad990.JPG

And I'll end with some random animal shots...

100_1947.JPG.40dae660a77597aa219cc3cabf7cadd4.JPG

*YAWN*

100_1955.JPG.fac17e9ad16f9f35b05836022ef3ecdc.JPG

OMG! WATER!

100_2039.JPG.d44b9c9a91cf25087b0918d3cc708589.JPG

F**K YOU! I'M A FLAMINGO!

100_2042.JPG.e1aab3994b215365e3672556c33fc15b.JPG

Edited by ernierocker

Well, it looks like Cheetah Hunt won't be initially offered with Quick Queue (according to the BGT website's Quick Queue page). I'm disappointed since I was planning on making my first use of their Quick Queue pass when I visit the park for the first time after Cheetah Hunt opens. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting in line with everyone else!

Well, it looks like Cheetah Hunt won't be initially offered with Quick Queue (according to the BGT website's Quick Queue page). I'm disappointed since I was planning on making my first use of their Quick Queue pass when I visit the park for the first time after Cheetah Hunt opens. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting in line with everyone else!

Typically if you go during the week, especially during the summer, the lines and crowds on my aren't typically horrendous at BGT, from my personal experience. On my last visit there were lots of people there, but it's a pretty spread out park with many rides and on most coasters my wait was 10 minutes or less, or walk on. I wouldn't know about a weekend days because I try to avoid parks on Saturdays at all costs, occasionally will do a Sunday.

I hope that's the case when you go, but I can't make promises. With a new coaster, you may have a longer wait. I remember I went the year Montu opened and I only waited about 15 minutes, Of course none of this applies to Gwazi. Prepare to wait for that one even with a short line.

From my personal experience, weekdays even in the summer are much more managable than weekends. Saturdays are usually quite busy, but if you play the game right, you can sometimes hit the coasters with a minimal wait (15 minutes at the most). Of course it doesn't apply to Gwazi (because their ride ops are the slowest on the planet) or Scorpion (which only uses one train and still draws a crowd after 30 years).

From my personal experience, weekdays even in the summer are much more managable than weekends. Saturdays are usually quite busy, but if you play the game right, you can sometimes hit the coasters with a minimal wait (15 minutes at the most). Of course it doesn't apply to Gwazi (because their ride ops are the slowest on the planet) or Scorpion (which only uses one train and still draws a crowd after 30 years).

Don't forget Sheikra's crew. I've seen 95-year-olds using walkers run a marathon faster than they can dispatch a train.