TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^Well we know GCI has been out there quite a bit lately, and has even tested MF's on Gwazi. However, I fear it will not be as big of a fix as many of you think. Riding Wildcat at Hershey even with the new MF trains is still rough as hell.

I don't think you can undo all the damage that the PTC's have caused over the years even with a massive rehab.

I hope I'm wrong though!

^^It did just close down for what, a month worth of rehab? It would be the perfect time...I really hope they're switching them out!

EDIT: ^Agreed. Wildcat was much better for a few months after the Millennium Flyers were added, but it's already back to being pretty darn bad. Hopefully with some extensive retracking they can get Gwazi to run a bit better than Hershey was able to do with new-Wildcat.

^I agree. With the retracking happening, we can hope that it runs better regardless of whether they keep the PTCs or get the new Millennium Flyers. I haven't ridden Gwazi since 2006 and won't be able to pass judgment on it again until I visit the park in June.

Edited by robbalvey

TAMPA, Fla. - There's a new way to get the feel of the jungle here in Tampa. The Broadway Show "Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy" is now playing at Busch Gardens.

This morning, ABC Action News Contributor, Sean Daly, is getting a first hand look at the incredible skill involved in this kind of show.

Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy comes complete with acrobats, aerialists, jugglers and contortionists.

The story is based on Mother Nature leading her Jungle Boys through the wild.

The show debuted at the Broadway Theatre in June 2008. There are similar shows in the Cirque Dreams repertoire, including "Illumination", "Pandemonia" and "Coobrila" but "Jungle Fantasy" is the only one to ever appear on Broadway.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/breathtaking-broadway-performers-bring-a-new-spectacle-to-busch-gardens

Hours of the show can be found on the park's website under Park in "Hours & Show Times" under the "Plan Your Trip" tab.

http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/new-year-new-cheetah-hunt-construction-update

Happy New Year, coaster fanatics! The holidays are behind us and that means we’ll be back to our regularly scheduled Cheetah Hunt construction updates.

For those of you who are new to these posts, these updates are for those SO passionate about roller coasters that they Just.Can't.Wait to see the finished product of Cheetah Hunt. They want to know what’s going on up to the minute! Are you of one these people? (Be honest and nod your head "yes.")

Then, come with us now on a virtual tour of the site where all the action’s taking place. Slap on your (imaginary) hard hat, and let’s open the door of the construction wall.

Creeeakk! Yes, that’s the sound of the big yellow door door opening. (Just humor me, friends.)

Well, here you have it. Construction in the area this week includes concrete and pilings that are paving the way between the tower and the canyon and moving track pieces into position in the canyon itself.

Readers, close your eyes. Can you just imagine it? Whoooooooosh!

At one point, riders (yes, that means you) will feel like they are darting through a canyon while a river rushes beneath them.

The river? That part of Cheetah Hunt will reuse the former water portion of Rhino Rally.

Well, we hope you enjoyed the year’s first peek behind the yellow wall inside Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. These photos were taken just yesterday. Stay tuned here for all the latest Cheetah Hunt updates and news.

Go ahead and post a comment; let us know what you think about the progress so far!

jan5_1.jpg-300x200.jpg.7f0390755fcd05d0a8ad09ac3e288297.jpg

jan5_2.jpg-300x208.jpg.f22a400eff8b72c59ba315fbb7fac96d.jpg

jan5_3.jpg-300x200.jpg.89e7ce4d5cdb7f69a4fb9a342c411e8d.jpg

jan5_4.jpg-300x200.jpg.4e8c60f33df9e1475c4b71c70b251d56.jpg

I rode Gwazi on New Years eve just a few days before the rehab and honestly it felt a lot better than it usually does, like the re-tracking in places is really starting to break in and smoothen the thing out. I really hope the Millennium Flyers can return this thing to its former glory. Gwazi was one of my favorite coasters in its first two season.

The last time I rode Gwazi was in March 2010. My date wanted to ride it. It was the last coaster of the day. We rode it and she got a headache. I missed out on some sex too. Damn, you, Gwazi!

I might be at Busch Gardens next weekend. I might ride Gwazi again to see what the new trains are like!

Eh. I liked it just the way it was. It wasn't the smoothest ride by any stretch but that didn't bother me at all. Of the 8 GCI's I've been on it was behind only Prowler for me. Hope this doesn't change the ride experience too much.

I wish they did something about the crew operating the ride instead.

The last time I rode Gwazi was in March 2010. My date wanted to ride it. It was the last coaster of the day. We rode it and she got a headache. I missed out on some sex too. Damn, you, Gwazi!

Why? Did you hurt your hand on the ride?

Why? Did you hurt your hand on the ride?

Ahaha, totally priceless.

^I hurt both hands.

That would make it hard to climb up a tree for starters. Let alone, once up there, hold a pair of binoculars in one hand and operate the joystick with the other hand, while looking in that special someone's window. How terrible and unfortunate.

When I was at the park last Wednesday (1/5), we were on Cheetah Chase in the early afternoon. We caught a glimpse of two trucks driving on the park access road (parallel the lift hill of Chase) each with one car of Gwazi Tiger in tow... which made me wonder slightly if this was a removal or just a rehab of the trains...

Then with the recent teaser sign that Gwazi is about to introduce a "NEW breed of speed of their own", along with the picture of what appears to be a MF train on the track, my head almost exploded...

...I also was on GCI's website... and under the "Great Projects" tab lists all the coaster which the company has built... I've been on that website many times... and only tonight noticed that both Gwazi and ROAR ("East" at SF America) don't have any trains listed... while ALL the other coasters have their Millenium Flyer (along with the train count for the individual coaster) listed... the last time I visited the website a few months ago, Gwazi and ROAR "East" were then listed having the PTC trains... which also makes me wonder if ROAR is getting a 2011 MF present as well...

I'm all too excited... it's ALMOST as if BGT is going to launch "THREE" new coasters in 2011... (Gwazi will be new again in my eyes, if this trick works... I loved the coaster before, but GOOD GOD did it need some love...)