TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

This coaster looks like it's going to be interesting, but I really hope it doesn't turn out like Maverick did.

...I hope that every roller coaster built from here on out turns out like Maverick. I've never been so pleasantly surprised (read: absolutely astounded) in my life.

Also (not at the user I quoted), it doesn't even do a full helix to the right. How is it long?

Also #2, that's the most beautiful element I've ever seen on a coaster. It just looks like such a piece of art. A functional, hopefully fantastic piece of art!

It just looks like such a piece of art. A functional, hopefully fantastic piece of art!

I 100% agree. The way I explain my coaster obsession to my friends, is I view different coasters as functional pieces of art work (often in context of course). I know it sounds weird, but there's more to coasters than just the ride. The way it looks has a lot to do with how good a ride is in my book, and so far, this tower element looks perfect for Busch Gardens and it adds a lot to what I think this ride will turn out to be.

And the award for the longest manoeuvre to turn right goes to...

This. Eheheh.

This is the winner for a left hand turn, since that's ultimately the result.

http://rcdb.com/544.htm?p=985

Also (not at the user I quoted), it doesn't even do a full helix to the right. How is it long?

He's saying that what the element accomplishes is a turn to the right (when you consider it's entry and exit points) and its a very elaborate way to get the train to change its direction to the right.

Paiging_jen, cool pictures thanks for the cool update. The 7th and 14th shots are my favorite Cheetah Hunt shots yet. I bet it was nice to be in the park yesterday, was it busy?

Busch is building a spectacular ride. If the Tower was a high banking Tophat you wouldn't here any complaints from me but the Tower as it is looks pretty cool too. If the thing is fun to ride it will be a win in every possible way. I am looking forward to seeing the drop take shape. The train should be between 10 to 15 MPH when it reaches the drop, a 130 foot drop into a tight trench. Sounds like fun to me.

I will say this: Because of the way they reached out to enthusiasts from the beginning many of us were expecting something a little more thrilling. Although it was really cool that Busch Gardens did that maybe they should consider the perception that was created and then, by some, the disappointment. I hope they wont be turned off by some of the negative comments and continue with this in the future (when they build a Hyper).

I wish the drop out of the figure 8 was going to be as steep as in the incline up to the figure 8...but in reality I wish they had done something else there...even an overbanked turn would have been more eventful, at least at 60 mph.

I just watched the animated POV video again for this ride. I am going to assume the speed will be very close to what it is in the video. They've gotten pretty good with the promotional animations being pretty spot on. The figure 8 takes about 5 seconds to get through. I would "guesstimate" about 15 m.p.h. I'm looking forward to this element with its quick transitions. The train is going at a good clip down the exit drop from the "tree". I don't think that drop needs to be any steeper. I think the air into the figure 8 and out of the figure 8 are going to be one of the main highlights of this ride.

Edited by KCForce