TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I love the layout for this coaster because it feels like the designers researched the behaviors of a cheetah and tried to bring them into the design. The "tower" resembles the type of tree you'd find a cheetah stalking the ground below in. And the way the launch is set up facing the tower/tree makes it seem like the cheetah is jumping into it. So far so awesome!

The rise to the top of that tower should provide some amazing airtime, do you see the shape of that hill it's perfect. Then you see how quickly it go's into the curve, this suppose to be a family friendly ride but the tower elements looks like it's going to be the most intense figure 8 on the planet lol

Beautiful looking coaster IMO and it's not even half way complete and it looks this awesome great job Intamin BGW

The "tower" looks very nice!

Looks really great! I'll be there for a few days after Christmas, and I wish it was ready by then. No biggy, I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and can drive over for the weekend anytime. I do love Intamin, but not the quick change in directions on some of their later rides I305, Maverick to name a few. This looks like a great ride so far.

I find it amazing how they managed to turn something as mundane as supports and make it part of the theming.

It shows that they haven't lost their touch where it really counts, even though their ride names leave little to be desired.

I used to think Intamin had rather garish supports (Volcano...), but with I305 and now cheetah hunt, their current approach is spectacular.

You can see in these pictures one superfluous support rising about 20 feet above the track, and from more recent pics, there are two more themeing-only supports attached to the apex.

Not gonna lie, that figure 8 element looks incredibley painful, even for a smooth coaster built by Intamin.

You maybe right on the figure 8 being painful. I'll ride it at least once. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm not a big fan of some of the latest Intamin "creations." I guess we'll all know soon with all the progress on this ride.

Please take this with a HUGE grain of salt. One of my family members visited BGT this summer and completed a guest survey which included possible names for the coaster. She pronounced cheetakah like Chiquita (banana). She and her boyfriend shared this story with me last weekend. Could this be the reason for the name change?

Edited by Chroniq