TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I really like the supports. It's refreshing to see a park go with not the cheapest option for something, but rather the BEST option for something.

Look at their coaster line-up. GCI for the woodie, certainly one of the best makers of WOOD. B&M and Intamin for the steel track coasters. It's not always about the quantity, but rather the quality.

Busch Gardens certainly has some of the BEST coasters in the country, and this will only make that even more true!

--Now only if they still had free beer...

For the record, paiging_jen did tell me that there are now No Trespassing signs all over the perimeter fence to the parking lot where the track is being stored. So for anyone that might have any bright ideas of taking pictures standing next to the track, you might want to reconsider.

Probably because some stupid Engineering students decided to hop the fence to sit on the track....

Oh wait.....

[page 122] Well upon spotting it we ran like school girls to go see the track! IT WAS AWESOME (Skipping a few details) we eventually got into the lot and went to go take pictures. We then happily returned to Busch Gardens to continue riding coasters!

I suppose those "few details" were that you hopped a fence, huh?

Add another voice to the chorus: this is going to be a fine-looking coaster. Any ride whose SUPPORTS get people excited is doing something right.

I completely agree. Even though the entire coaster hasn't even been completed yet and I've only seen a handful of photos, I'd say that so far it appears to be one of the best-looking unthemed (read: Not surrounded by a mountain) coaster that I've seen recently.

Kumba is 3978'.

I'd say this will be the best coaster in Busch Gardens (but probably not as intense as Montu, from the looks of it). Also from the looks of the layout and where it's placed ( http://img338.imageshack.us/f/bgt2011.jpg/ ), it'll be the park's front gate icon; if the trees and scenery doesn't block it.

Edited by Midgetman82

Kumba is 3978'.

I'd say this will be the best coaster in Busch Gardens (but probably not as intense as Montu, from the looks of it). Also from the looks of the layout and where it's placed ( http://img338.imageshack.us/f/bgt2011.jpg/ ), it'll be the park's front gate icon; if the trees and scenery doesn't block it.

You definitely see it with no obstruction from the tram stop at the entrance, and the figure 8 tower is pretty massive as you walk past the theatre and Myombe Reserve. It's absolutely beautiful and had me very excited on Sunday!

I really like the supports. It's refreshing to see a park go with not the cheapest option for something, but rather the BEST option for something.

Look at their coaster line-up. GCI for the woodie, certainly one of the best makers of WOOD. B&M and Intamin for the steel track coasters. It's not always about the quantity, but rather the quality.

Busch Gardens certainly has some of the BEST coasters in the country, and this will only make that even more true!

--Now only if they still had free beer...

Well, this GCI woodie needs some help. Have you ridden it recently? If nothing else Millennium Flyer trains. Gwazi is brutal!!

I vote a BIG YES for the return of free beer To me that was the best

LOOK WHO RETURNED!

Can you help me with explicit instructions on how to jump over the fence and find the track? I keep looking for it, but I can't seem to find a fence that has roller coaster track inside it.. Location and instructions on how to phsyically climb over a fence would be a great help..

Thanks!