TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^^^

Hmmm... No, that is not a new sign on Gwazi... its been there for at least the past couple of years, if I'm not mistaken... and while it's cool that you grabbed more pictures of the Cheetah Hunt track... it probably isn't the smartest idea to brag about breaking into this area and then post the pictures of you sitting on top of it...

True story... true story... I like the pictures, but be careful... I think there may be a rule on this site of posting pictures like that... I could be wrong though... and just for the record, we love Gwazi so much (yeah, despite it being terribly rough) that we named our cat after it ...

Yeah, I know the lot. It's not in a secure area. If *WE* (meaning the people who run this site) thought they did something wrong, we would pull the pics.

Seriously, the next person who posts anything accusing these guys of doing something wrong will be banned. STFU and let the moderators do their jobs! And thank you to these guys for posting the pics!

--Robb "Enough said!" Alvey

True, most visitors will not see the PR and only be subject to the ads, but the rest of your comments are laughable. Advertisments go through much scrutiny and testing before running.

Do you really think the park would approve an ad if the visuals implied or displayed a cheetah being hunted?

No, I absolutely don't believe that, and I never said that they would. I just said, if they don't fully explain the theme, no matter what they put on the ad, A LOT of people will interpret "Cheetah Hunt" to mean hunting cheetahs. Certainly not all of them will...but based on the Facebook page and testimonies in this thread alone, I don't understand how you can disagree...

No, I absolutely don't believe that, and I never said that they would. I just said, if they don't fully explain the theme, no matter what they put on the ad, A LOT of people will interpret "Cheetah Hunt" to mean hunting cheetahs. Certainly not all of them will...but based on the Facebook page and testimonies in this thread alone, I don't understand how you can disagree...

I can argue with you because you are looking at the name in a vacuum.

Yes, you words "Cheetah Hunt" can be interpeted two ways. You say those words to somone on the street and it can be interpeted in two ways.

However, you put the words in a TV ad that includes:

a visual of the train pimped out as a cheetah

and/or

with a side by side video comparison of Cheetah Hunt and the Cheetah Run

and/or

a voiceover of the announcer exclaiming the thrill of a roller coaster that simulates a cheetah on the prowl

and

the lack of people with rifles

The only people that this will not make sense to are people not paying attention. Hopefully, those people will get hit by cars crossing the street while texting.

Edited by larrygator

I agree with DBru that there will be those who interpret the name wrongly. When the name was announced it was clear that it meant to convey a Cheetah's hunt. This is Busch Gardens. C'mon now... Even a family owned park would probably shy away from naming a ride after the concept of hunting ANYTHING. PC is just a fact of life over here. There are those who are thick skulled, however. I would think Busch could clarify matters with the whole you know, Cheetah habitat, conservationist stance they take on things. Not enough?

I wasn't thrilled with the name at first, Cheetaka just seemed more fitting in the continuity aspect of things. Then I remembered Rhino Rally and it's lame-ass name. Three days later my worry focuses on the ride opening on time and being reliable. The nine year old Impulse at my home park is about as reliable as a crack addict paying his rent on time.

Am I the only person who thinks that "Cheetaka" sounds made up and silly? I was actually relieved that they decided not to go with this name.

No you're not, it is stupid and silly because it is made up. At least with Sheikra there is a translation for the word.

For those who Cheetah Hunt is a bad name because the words alone can be miscontrued, what the hell does Cheetaka mean to someone. Sounds like a lady of the night working the red light district of some urban neighborhood.

^If we get over the name people will just argue about how disappointed they are in a coaster they have not ridden yet. Oh the fun!

Am I the only person who thinks that "Cheetaka" sounds made up and silly? I was actually relieved that they decided not to go with this name.

No you're not, it is stupid and silly because it is made up. At least with Sheikra there is a translation for the word.

For those who Cheetah Hunt is a bad name because the words alone can be miscontrued, what the hell does Cheetaka mean to someone. Sounds like a lady of the night working the red light district of some urban neighborhood.

Edited by larrygator

Kumba, Sheikra, Montu or Gwazi sound just as made up and silly. You wouldn't have known any of those hold meaning in another language had the park not made a point of including the information in their respective press release. Ideally I'd love for Busch Tampa to find a translation in Swahili (I think it is) for a Cheetah's Hunt, but I'm willing to bet that 99% of park-goers don't care unless it sounds "cool". That is where we run in to the problem with including "hunt" in the name and the unfortunate "numb skull" populous.

^I'm not understanding your point here. Yes, these are words that were unfamiliar here, so it simply makes sense that BGT would want to define them. From what I understand, "Cheetaka" was simply made up--unless I'm mistaken here. Sorry if that wasn't clear earlier.

I just hope I can ride this when I go to Florida next year, I am visiting April 23rd to May 2nd, so I know its going to be tight, might just have to hope for a soft opening, as I suspect Busch will aim for its opening around memorial day weekend???

Paul(keeping his fingers crossed)

I just hope I can ride this when I go to Florida next year, I am visiting April 23rd to May 2nd, so I know its going to be tight, might just have to hope for a soft opening, as I suspect Busch will aim for its opening around memorial day weekend???

Paul(keeping his fingers crossed)