TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

And who says that animal/conservation parks/zoo are always a bad thing... Guh

Looks like a great success for the park being able to breed such a rare species.

Also can't wait to see how this new coaster turns out, should be nice and ready for next years Florida trip, well at least I hope it's ready

I'm going to busch gardens tomorrow. Is their anything you desire to be in the photo update? I'm not planing to ride any rides while bring my semi-expensive camera, So I bet I will have a while to spend. Just tell me what you want photos of and I shall provide. Yay for platinum passports!

But yea, I will do an update on the 2011 Constitution, no doubt about that. Just want to know what else anyone wants to see.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release about their latest animal additions--two baby lemurs!

Anyone else thinking the first picture looks like one of those Avatar movie blue things?

Who knew lemurs would evolve? James Cameron.

SUMMER NIGHTS ARE MORE INTENSE

AT BUSCH GARDENS IN 2010

Ride Coasters in the Dark, Stay for an Awesome Night-Time Finale

TAMPA, Fla. (May 21, 2010) — Busch Gardens amps up the fun in 2010 during Summer Nights with MORE contemporary entertainment, MORE special effects and MORE reasons to stay and play each Night from June 11 through Aug. 15. This year, the rides are even wilder and, each night, Busch Gardens goes out with a big, rock-style bang when Kinetix explodes onto the stage in Gwazi Park at 9 p.m.

Kinetix brings together live musicians, singers, dancers and artists from around the world for an original, non-stop 30-minute contemporary rock experience that delivers awesome lighting effects, modern music and high-energy performances.

Also in 2010, Busch Gardens’ world-class rides are amplified with pulsating sights and sounds to intensify each experience. Thrill rides, such as SheiKra, incorporate strobe lights, black lights, music and other special effects for an even bigger thrill. Even the carousel is amped up with a disco ball, and the Serengeti Express is aglow as it chugs around the park.

Jeff Civillico returns to Marrakesh Theater with his amazing blend of comedy, juggling, balancing, athleticism and audience participation. On July 3 and 4, catch an illuminating fireworks display at Busch Gardens.

DJs up the energy each night throughout the park, playing party songs and inviting families to dance and play along. Every Friday and Saturday night, guests can bust their most impressive moves in the Dance Challenge. The best dancers will be selected throughout Friday and Saturday nights to compete in a dance off at 7 p.m. in Desert Grill – three rounds that challenge them to a variety of dance styles. First place winners each night receive 4 tickets to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island or SeaWorld.

Park hours for Summer Nights are extended until 9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and until 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Summer Nights is included with a day’s paid admission or any annual pass.

While you’re at Busch Gardens, discover all that the park has to offer this summer – day and night. That includes Sesame Street Safari of Fun, a new sunny, funny play land filled with kid-size rides, cool water fun and plenty of memorable adventures. Dip and dive through the desert on Air Grover junior coaster. Climb and play in Elmo’s Treehouse Trek. Splash and refresh in Bert and Ernie’s fun-filled water play area. Watch your Sesame Street friends in African-inspired shows. In Sesame Street Safari of Fun, imaginations run wild, and there’s fun or everyone.

For more information on Summer Nights and Busch Gardens, visit BuschGardens.com or call 1-888-800-5447.

http://behindthethrills.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=613:busch-gardens-tampa-unveils-summer-nights-kicking-off-june-4th&catid=64:news-&Itemid=121

Here's a pretty big update of BGA in general, though it's mostly of construction. Montu was closed while I was at the park, and Kumba is down for the cleaning. And since I had my tote bag to hold my camera and things In, I was not able to ride any rides anyway. I was not about to buy a self storage container. when I need my things on me at all times. On gwazi they have baskets to put your things in while you ride, as do most of the rides. Well, they won't even allow the things in the line anymore. I understand why though, but spending time at disney where they tell you to put your bookbags between your legs on Rockin Roller coaster is a tad big of a change. Oh disney, what would we do without you, setting the standards for public safety /sarcasm.

Okayyyy, enough talking, time for photos.

IMG_0020.jpg.30a277f56cd35ca2600ba635c6a32ff2.jpg

Montu in the distance, closed, with the train stuck on the lift.

IMG_0021.jpg.5adee6d3eb5d3626401456ac84cd3868.jpg

This is my happy face. lol

IMG_0024-2.jpg.602219181d17848707b5feb1d9986d6f.jpg

My blurry platinum card, which lets me come when ever I want lol.

IMG_0023.jpg.e60e64feb753833b0ab259abeed87549.jpg

Bulldozer sighting and I haven't even gotten inside the park yet.

IMG_0028.jpg.8ad6e7d719974c9be6e74ec818298836.jpg

Right by where the Katonga building is, workers are setting up another wall.

IMG_0031.jpg.7f201165b9d4afbb9ac580d8d4a6cb12.jpg

View of the train tracks through the edge of africa, trees and song covering it and all.

IMG_0037.jpg.2c6a409e041c4bbe98f59b10b0ab1bd5.jpg

I wish I had any clue as to what this is behind the skyride, looks like a big drill.

IMG_0043.jpg.db5fdebb829320ad3d12cdb2724a64b7.jpg

Some ground construction photo's first, I wanted to use the skyride station in Congo to do lack of lines at that station. :3

IMG_0044.jpg.3208874bff47d2126897763e180e22ab.jpg

The bridge they are working on, theirs a better view from the skyride that I will show once I get there. Keep reading :D

IMG_0045.jpg.3236aa5f4a33673fae86ea68afe15022.jpg

Random pipes beside rhino rally

IMG_0048.jpg.96a6103f7e0604a7ba2356653df805b2.jpg

Kumba is super shiny, with the sun on it it can blind you, no kidding.

IMG_0050.jpg.69b80080d674d3085a4139e0ee984611.jpg

Super shiny kumba from skyride,

IMG_0051-1.jpg.65584185207f942aa92ebe41a2637b5b.jpg

Rhino rally's dried up tracks. LETS GET BACK TO OVERHEAD CONSTRUCTION PHOTOS.

IMG_0052.jpg.5d46afeb6a3ccbebb17dc85abffa78b3.jpg

Lot of things going on.

IMG_0053.jpg.8f02426181fce205f6c9d2199857b683.jpg

Ahhhhh, so it IS a drill.....i think.

IMG_0054.jpg.e2e6fba706b904c1be03006aa8668730.jpg

Better look at the bridge

IMG_0055.jpg.4c0b7635bd543f21116fde73dcb4dfb0.jpg

Random pipes and such

IMG_0058.jpg.1d73c8adab99f16ba5c71dd92fc96e16.jpg

Behind the skyride station

THANKS FOR LOOKING AT THIS UPDATE.

As exciting as all this equipment talk can be, I'll add on a bit - the piling rig currently on site can actually act as both a 'drill' and a 'driver.'. The blue unit currently attached to the rig is a vibratory hammer and it does just what it's called. They'll grab a sheet pile with it's jaws, turn it on and like a knife through butter the sheet goes in the ground. A drilling rig can be attached to the machine as well, and depending on the foundations used here it may be the same rig that does the work. Hayward Baker, the subcontractor doing the foundation work has good pictures and descriptions on their website.

Progress on this ride should be fun to watch in the upcoming months!

I'm going back to busch gardens tomorrow, but this time to ride the rides. So I'm going to avoid bring my camera. The week after I think I'm going to Disney. Who knows, but I can say I will be making regular tips to BGT. Not on a schedule, just when ever theirs a car available. lol

Update, I went back today, though I forgot my camera. Their are the train track signs and such that are used when people cross over them. Errrrrr.....Rail Road crossing signs and such..... So I have reason to expect the walkway starting to take shape soon. Going to adventure island tomarrow, Busch Gardens is nice and all, but not when it's 98 degrees. >.>

I have a feeling they might want to get all the equipment in before they start the coaster construction. I wonder if it's going to be a problem getting track in when the train is running, plus, would it break the new train tracks? I'm not sure how this is going to work.

Nice. So the kookaburra from the Critter's Cavern (I think that's what it's called) will get a new house. Can't wait to see this new experience in August, though I know that the food will probably cost about $5.

Read the fine print

I'll remember to get lots of pictures when I go in June. I'm going late June (around the 22) so it should be open by then.