TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

What a crazy but fantastic idea! Having rode Oblivion here in the UK and had my only floorless experience on Kraken at SeaWorld the idea of combining them seems as scary as it can get! Doing California this year but tempted to stop in Orlando for 2 days on the way back. Didnt do Busch last year and Dragons at Universal were closed for maintenance. Awesome video and pics Eric. Good job.

WOW!! It's really amazing to see the retractable floor and the "door" on the dock step! All this things that move everywhere....

I love the new trains, they are very beautiful!

Tell me Erik except the fact the feet are in the air, are there new feelings in the ride?

I thought the new floorless train really enhanced the experience on the front row. As expected, there is nothing that blocks your view when you are hanging over the drops. You get a little of that in the middle and back rows, but it is nothing compared to the experience in the front row. While the front row does offer a great view, I still prefer the floaty airtime you receive while riding in the back row.

are there new feelings in the ride?

the thing i like about the floorless trains is when they hold you over the drop. if your in the 2nd or 3rd row you can look straight down between the car in front of you and look at the track drop 90 deg.

Imo I like griffon's trains better but Sheikra's track better.

Hmm--curious. Oblivion, I believe, can claim to be the "first" dive coaster, so I guess they streteched a point because Sheikra was the Busch chain's "first" dive coaster; ergo, the "first" Busch dive coaster has gone floorless (even though Griffon, Busch's "second" dive coaster, has been running since Mother's Day).

Nah--doesn't make any sense.

^Maybe because it is the first Dive Coaster to actually go from floored to floorless? Oblivion's still floored and Griffon never had a floor, so it hasn't 'become' floorless. So their statement is correct, but a bit confusing.

Yeah I believe thats the case also. Busch tends to be very wordy with the way they market their attractions. Another thing I noticed is the fact that everybody at that event was extremely proud of their new product. A buddy of mine was talking about the Six Flags and Cedar Fair chains to some of the officials there and we all had a good laugh talking about them. Its good to know that they are down to earth people.

Over at RCPro, we just finished doing our update and its now open for everybody to look at. I thought Id post it because I'm sure Eric is interested. www.rollercoasterpro.com

And speaking of Eric, its good to know that there are some really cool people out there who aren't stuck up, like the majority of the population who were with the coaster clubs and the like. Eric is a really chill guy and was fun to talk to. Have fun on your midwest trip!

Just curious, did anyboby there say that they could have gotten the idea from Griffon? BGE has been promoting Griffon as the world's only floorless dive coaster and SheiKra's new trains defeat the whole purpose of Griffon beeing floorless. It held that title for what, a month?

So the station floor pretty much drops the same way as Giffon's station does aye?

nope, Griffon's don't do the weird swoosh then up thingy (yeah very technical, but anyways) Griffon's is more one smooth motion, rather than swoosh, then choppy up motion.

Just curious, did anybody there say that they could have gotten the idea from Griffon? BGE has been promoting Griffon as the world's only floorless dive coaster and SheiKra's new trains defeat the whole purpose of Griffon being floorless. It held that title for what, a month?

yeah very stupid huh? I think BGA wanted just wanted to "one up" BGE, kinda like how some siblings do..... I personally don't think it was such a great idea to have made SheiKra floorless so soon, they should have waited until Griffon was a year old. I do agree with the person that stated "it doesn't look like a beast anymore". And I still say the color scheme of Griffon's trains is terrible. Anyways, this was a fantastic update, great pictures, great to hear a person scream in joy on a roller coaster, and great to have a good time at BGA.

....... and hopefully I can convince the ride ops to let me take my camcorder on Griffon

I went to BGA yesterday. I really don't know what to think about SheiKra being floorless. Sure, it's pretty cool for the front row, but the other two rows don't really benefit from it IMHO. especially the two seats in the middle of the 2nd/3rd row...

and why didn't they build a front-row-only queue... would save a lot of time if you're not waiting for the front.

I'm so glad that Busch decided to add the floorless trains to the ShieKra. When I went in March, I really enjoyed the feeling of being in the front row and seeing the drop below. I'm sure the floorless trains only enhances the thrill of the first drop and I cannot wait until I go to BGA again.

Why does it say "first dive coaster going floorless?"

I thought griffon got that credit?

They are saying it is the first dive coaster to go from floor to floorless

oh alright, i get it now that i think about it, i still think they should of waited til the end of the season since griffon technically should have the credit being the only floorless in the world.

Hey fellow TPR's, any of you Gold or Platinum pass holders go during your "designated time" yet? Just curious if its "empty" enough that U could ride maybe twice?

I'm contemplating going tomorrow morning or Thursday! Getting my day started before 8am is quite a chore for me so I'd like to be mentally ready for what comes ahead.