TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Great job on the video and commentary, Erik. Quick question, did they happen to mention or hint at any new attractions for 2008 or 2009? ...other than what's being worked on right now. I'm assuming they didn't or you would have mentioned it, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Again, thanks for covering the event.

Pretty much the next big focus of the park is the Congo area. No word about specific attractions yet.

The last time I rode it (about a week ago) it was pretty much the worst it has ever been, and until they get new trains, that WILL be the last time I ride it.

Just my two cents...

I Rode gwazi last night and i found it enjoyable. it had night pops of air and some laterals. we even did a re-ride. How much are MF trains?

Excellent, Erik--the "floorless experience" on BGE's Griffon is great, too (unless you're sitting in the middle seat, which has a little yellow platform under it). I like how the two ride's color schemes are reversed--red track/blue trains for Sheikra, blue track/red trains for Griffon.

I'm looking forward to taking a spin on the "new" Sheikra in October. The "old" one was pretty dang cool.

Ooh! Those bars that go out in front of the station look pretty sleek. I have to say, though, that Sheikra looks a little less like a beast with thinner trains. Oh well.

Sheikra.jpg.ff5558bec661c2015f35b6c72bceb511.jpg

Was your head going to explode, Erik?

Awesome video Erik, thanks for putting that together .. Aside from the subject matter, I really enjoyed the lack of music - nice to see something different.

And SheiKra 2.0 looks fantastic .. I need to get back there. Those station gates are super sexy ..!

Cameron.

PS: Next time your there, please give it a big hug from me

do they still do the 2 trains at a time or is it 1 now?

That is a really good question, I really do not know and forgot to ask. They were only running 2 trains for the event so they were only using the back section to load people onto the train. I have to admit that I never really paid attention to the front area, but I assume its there. If it is not, then SheiKra will have serious capacity problems.

they still have 2 train loading. The only thing i really dislike is they could have put a slope in for the station floor. you have to take a step up to get onto the metal platform to walk over the track in the station. i almost fell a few times walking onto the train.

they put orange tape on to warn people later in the afternoon.

do they still do the 2 trains at a time or is it 1 now?

That is a really good question, I really do not know and forgot to ask. They were only running 2 trains for the event so they were only using the back section to load people onto the train. I have to admit that I never really paid attention to the front area, but I assume its there. If it is not, then SheiKra will have serious capacity problems.

Its still setup for dual loading. Everything is in place and all the trains have been converted. The shed was open in the early morning and you could see the other trains are ready. Loading will be the same as before and literally you dont notice the floor coming up or the gates crossing it is a fast smooth operation. I wonder how the lines are today, if there is an increase or just the normal amount. I bet its pretty buisy over there.

Here is the front load bay.

tpr2.jpg.975b4778be76e7da4aaacd6158c0b334.jpg

It looks almost if you would really get the shaft if you end up in the middle seats. Kinda takes away from the whole floorless ideal. I liked the ride when it opened but it was far from the best in the park. I would still have to give that honor to Montu. Too bad i am no longer living in Orlando and now it is a 23 hour drive to get there from here!

Hey nice, I'm in multiple photos of yours... especially when King was talking to mark, and the NBC WFLA 8 live dive train.

great photos (I was snickering figuring i would end up in one photo here...)

I loved the experience.

edit:

looks like you also got our live dive in the shots of SheiKra falling...