TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I have...mixed feelings about this change. I love that they will be able to re-market this and get tons of stupid GP who think its a brand new ride. But I really would have liked to keep Griffon a little more unique for a while then made the change to floorless. Its a good idea but it just bothers me a bit is all....

I don't get the fuss, almost half of the posters on this thread have already been on Sheikra,. why not expireince something new, whether it be a new credit, or a disgrace to the original ride, its more than you've been on so far, why not just enjoy it!. If bad press and feedback seem to prevail, then i'm sure, BGT will have no problem, let alone the recources to "fix"\"change" it...

Dan "always in for something new" the Man

How are people going to hold themselves back on the drop when it holds you. It will be uncomfortable because your going to be jammed up on the seatbelt and the restraint. Then when they get the pain complaints Griffon will have better reviews. And they will change back to non-floorless seating. But Im not going on Shiekra until I hear from someone that its really fun floorless. To me it make no difference at all. And there goes Kraken's record for being the only floorless in Florida. Now in my opinion they need to make Hulk floorless. That would be awesome.

GRIFFON SUCKS!!!!

Hey I'm impressed they're making the change in less than three weeks! That's really amazing when you think about it!

Same here. That'd be like 3 months converted to Six Flags time.

And to any of those who might still believe this is a bad move. Yes, I'm sure the #11th ranked steel coaster in the world will suffer tremendously from losing its floor.

Now in my opinion they need to make Hulk floorless.

No. No they don't.

Hey I'm impressed they're making the change in less than three weeks! That's really amazing when you think about it!

I trend to disagree...I mean three weeks is about the amount of time it would take to tear down and rebuilt the trains anyways. That's basically what they are more or less doing. They will just be using a new frame. And i'm sure they will be reusing the wheel chassis just with the added wheel guards that are the norm on floor-less coasters.

I think most of the time spend on this will be in the station, which i'd think would be done by contacted work anyways.

I don't really see this as pointless as far as the ride experience goes. But I also don't really see why they are spending the money to do this though, cause it does seem a waste of money on there part. Personally I don't see why they didn't just do it in 20-30 years when new trains are needed anyways. So I guess i'm contradicting myself but my basic thought is that it's cool they are doing, but it seem like a waste of money on THEIR half but not a waste on OUR half.

I believe I see myself in that edited shot of SheiKra's trains... cool. Anyways... I didn't know what to think of this at first, I kindof thought it was lame, and the more I thought of it the drops will be different without the floor.

On the other hand I wonder why they didn't do it in the first place, maybe they intended to but wanted to see how the ride would run first and then take the floors out later, oh well this will be cool I hope, will still miss putting my feet out in front of the bars on the drop though.

-Justin

Maybe they should just have two with floors, and two without, that way the GP and YOU have a decision to make before you ride. Sheikra with a floor, or without.

I rode Sheikra last year, and I loved it. I think this will make it scarier being able to dangle you feet, 5 ft. above the IMMENSE track.

Lets stop whining shall we. Griffon will get a month of recognition, aight!