TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Aww... that was my first coaster that went upside-down. (...which was earlier this year )

It was painful and I can see why they're getting rid of it. The ride only takes about 15 seconds after the lifthill and not many people ride it. Sad to see it go though.

I GOT THE CREDIT!

Andrew

I'm sad to see it go as well. It was my first inversion credit, and holds some good memories. Like colin said, it's not exactly the death maching everyone makes it out to be. With a little understanding of how to ride, it still delivered a mild thrill for a what was always a definite walk-on credit. Heck, like Barry said, I can remember when it competed with Scorpion for best coaster in the park (I'm suddenly starting to feel old). Yeah, back in the early 80's when the line was two hours, and there was still a brewery in the park.

This is one of those that is definitely expendable in the name of progress though. The real question is how did it survive as long as it has in a world class beemer park?

Man, I can understand taking it out, but A KIDS AREA? Man, it better be one hell of a play place, I mean land of the dragons is a solid 2 acres of all kid related stuff, not to mention various other parts of the park that have kids rides (Timbuktu). Oh well, I hope it goes down in flames then.

Colin C

Is there an "official" source other than that website? I've been hearing this rumor for probably the last 5 years now, in fact, I'm 99% certain I've read it on that site before!!!

--Robb "Will believe it when I see it, but don't really care either way." Alvey

Oh wow, I didnt even realize that was from BGTGuide. Never mind then! I saw the second train being rehabed not to long ago, so I REALLY dont think it's going anywhere. I though that was an official statement, although they were correct about Akbars adventure tours being closed down to the date. Well, when I see something official I reconfirm my previous statements!

Colin C

Not that it makes any difference (I have also heard the rumors for years), but I have heard from a fairly trustworthy source that it will bite the dust this year.

The difference is I heard new Orangatan exhibit.

I guess we will have to wait and see who is right.

// Dibs on Orangatan Exhibit

• 2 weeks later...

I went to BGA yesterday rode python and took some videos and it was smoother than i remember (probally since im taller now)

But anyway i still think that it wont be scrapped in the near future but i am geussing it will be the first go out of all the BG coasters

which is a shame because it way better than gwazi!Gwazi(lion) kicked my ass yesterday...i geuss the rumors of it getting retracked werent true?

Is there an "official" source other than that website? I've been hearing this rumor for probably the last 5 years now, in fact, I'm 99% certain I've read it on that site before!!!

--Robb "Will believe it when I see it, but don't really care either way." Alvey

I've been wondering the same thing. That's the only site I know that mentions anything about Python being removed.

Never mind then! I saw the second train being rehabed not to long ago, so I REALLY dont think it's going anywhere.

Trains are routinely in rehab, regaurdless of whether or not its going anywhere. So that wouldn't make a difference. Anyways, like Robb said, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

^Well if you were a regular visitor to the park like I am, you would realize that python has TWO trains and for about the last 5 years, one of them had been sitting in the maitnence shed under the station. About a year ago, it came out of the station and went under some major rehab. And that DOES make a difference, because why would they want to put a butt load of money into the second train that has sat idle for years if they were just going to scrap it?

Colin C

I wonder if what ever plans that BGT had for the upcoming 07 season have been put on hold for another year. Busch the company is spending alot of money this year for new additions at there other parks.

Sea World Texas - new ride

Busch Gardens E - new ride

Sea World Florida - new water park

I had heard that last December people attendeing a Seniors siminar at(BGT) were told that Python would be removed. Guess only time will tell what happens to Python.

^Yes but Im pretty sure that BGA was the ONLY Busch park to get a major addition LAST year, that being SheiKra. So that isnt anything out of the normal, just because parks are getting major attractions doesnt mean they are all coming out in the same year.

Colin C