TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Boy, this is just too common this year.

My gut tells me that it's only a mater of time before people start dropping dead on rides like Ka and TTD because I literally feel like I am going to die during those launches. Someone with an unknown heart defect or other serious illness is going to ride those rides sooner or later.

I don't think the future looks too good for some of the older wooden coasters that are a tad rough with it's riders. I like the rough wooden coasters but I can completely see why any park would want to dismantle them at this point.

I don't ride "Rocket Coasters" as I get dizzy when being launched.

No-one knows if they have a heart condition until they go on a coaster wood or steel.

If he went on a Steel coaster I wonder if he would of not had an attack.

I feel sorry for his friends and family at this time

Maybe I'm next when I ride "Goliath" at Walibi World at the end of Aug,

i'll be happy to die on this coaster

I've actually thought about writing a will that states that if I die on a roller coaster, I forbid my family members to sue anyone. Unless it was on a Vekoma SLC. Even then, it would be my fault for choosing to ride it.

I've actually thought about writing a will that states that if I die on a roller coaster, I forbid my family members to sue anyone. Unless it was on a Vekoma SLC. Even then, it would be my fault for choosing to ride it.

Sounds pretty reasonable. Vekoma needs a smack in the head for creating SLC's.

Quick, call the press! They will seek and publish the truth!

"Yesterday a young, healthy man was left battling for his life only to loose it moment later after riding the Gwazi coaster at Busch Gardens water park. There are no details as of yet but if you ask us, we believe the problem was due to park management and the ride. A problem that could easily be solved with a lawsuit and removal of the attraction.

Eye witness Kate Harret had this to say: "I was driving past the park on a nearby road with no intention of visiting when I heard the man die. That could have been me or one of my young children!"

Gwazi is the world's longest wooden rollercoaster which races around a flimsy track at speeds of over 107.93mph through seven hair raising inversions whilst skimming past ancient Egyptian ruins.

Just the other day a nearby park in England had a very similar accident where a mine train rollercoaster killed eight riders. We remind readers that roller coasters eat children"

That is the most hillarious thing I've ever read. Literally almost died laughing... I'm starting to get tired of seeing all these heart related fatalities on roller coasters... there's no way to prevent it if you don't know about it... it sucks to have a family member or friend die on a day that's supposed to be fun.

First of all, my prayers are certainly with the family.

Secondly, since this has become a "let's bash Gwazi" thread, I've got a question for the mechanically-inclined enthusiasts out there. First off, would a switch to Millennium Flyers be possible, and if so, would that alone help solve Gwazi's problems, or would it take retracking, etc.?

I've only had experience riding this the first couple years it was opened....and it was great in my mind. Obviously it has taken the craptastic route according to so many of you, so I'm anxious to get back and see for myself how she stands.

BTW, Gwazi is my most hated coaster...

aw come on, its not that bad

-Im "not afraid to admit I love me some Gwazi!!!" hotep

Agreed! I love Gwazi. I have no idea what everybody is talking about, but whatever.

Anyway, it's really too bad for this man. Definately sad. I really hope the family doesn't get sue happy though.

• 3 weeks later...

Python to get scrapped in September

Well, this thing looks to be happening much sooner than anticipated, and I am very certain about it. Python is set to be removed this fall. Before Howl-O-Scream (chance it could be after HOS), Python, an arrow roller coaster, will be no more. Python's removal will be the beginning of the new Congo remodel project. It will involve the aforementioned Python, plus Vivi Storehouse Restaurant, Python Soft Serve, and the Claw Island tiger exhibit.

Eep, better get to Busch soon and get my last rides, a sh*tload of photos, and some video.

I already have the music picked for the video anyways...

Not surprised, I wouldn't have been surprised if they took it down years ago, it just doesn't seem like a ride the modern day Busch Entertainment co. would have in their parks. A new kids area you say? THAT I am surprised about seeing how close it is to Land Of The Dragons.

Good riddance! The Python has given me so many headaches that I rarely ride it anymore. I still remember visiting BGA way back in the mid-80's during a high school trip. The two coasters there were the Python and the Scorpion. How times have changed...

Maybe we can send the Python to BGE?

Man Im sad to see it go, I didnt want to believe it at first, but oh well I guess I dont have a choice now. Im going to miss it, it was my first coaster with inversions ever, and I still think its smooth if you ride it just right! Well, so long old friend, maybe Ill ride you a few more times before the end.

Colin C