TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Iron Gwazi opening date may be announced soon. Rumors say it'll be running during the Halloween event. Q&A event with staff on video floating around where they suggest it's coming soon and keep an eye on social media.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 12:03 AM, tndank said:

Iron Gwazi opening date may be announced soon. Rumors say it'll be running during the Halloween event. Q&A event with staff on video floating around where they suggest it's coming soon and keep an eye on social media.

Here's hoping, we are going to be there right before Christmas,I Hope Please GIF

Welp, guess I'll just have to take last years Busch Gardens/SeaWorld trip from Spring Break 2021 and run it back for 2022. Not really surprised here but atleast it's official now.

Edit: Just read through the comments on some of the socials and it looks like they're offering anyone who had an pass from September of 2019 through now that will NOT have an active pass in spring of 2022 an opportunity to ride Iron Gwazi. There's a link where you can submit your eligibility and I'm guessing there will be some previews at some point ahead of the opening. Kudos to BGT for offering this, they certainly don't have to offer that but pretty cool that they are.

There's also a comment from BGT on their Instagram feed saying that "active pass members will get Exclusive Ride time and other exclusives leading up to the new addition, stay tuned for more details". Maybe there's still some hope for some passholder previews before March of 2022.

We were going to stop there in December but already have a pretty packed trip (which is a bigger family Christmas trip) so we may just wait on BGT until spring break time. At least we have time to think about it. Disappointed because I was really hoping to get on it while we were already going to be in Orlando and Clearwater the two weeks leading up to Christmas. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how new this change is but I was looking at Adventure Island's hours and saw they are now open year round. Last time I looked at their calendar a few weeks ago, closing day was in the middle of November.

https://adventureisland.com/park-info/water-park-hours/

I'm glad I now won't have to go to Orlando any time I want to go to a water park over the winter although I still want to try Aquatica.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I saw the park ambulance running around I bet they spent more on picking up people from passing out in the heat walking 10 miles around the park since they can't staff the sky ride or train properly 😐  Staff the necessary transportation rides so you don't have to suffer in the heat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

As much as I saw the park ambulance running around I bet they spent more on picking up people from passing out in the heat walking 10 miles around the park since they can't staff the sky ride or train properly 😐  Staff the necessary transportation rides so you don't have to suffer in the heat.

This is very true. I had no idea how large the park was until I visited for the first time. Getting from one corner of the park to the other is quite the trek.

Luckily the weather should be getting *slightly* more tolerable in the coming months, but I would love to finally get on the sky ride and I think lots of people would appreciate it being open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, tndank said:

Heads Up: Cheetah Hunt down for annual maint Oct 11 - Dec 17.

We will be there on 12/22, they better reopen it on time............I'm already super disappointed/angry about IG. It's so frustrating since we are there anyway for a family Christmas trip and know IG is sitting there perfectly capable of operating AND we happen to have passes that are good until April 9th. 

Adventure Island has announced several new attractions and offerings coming to the water park in 2022!

1900x400-AIT-NewIn2022-WahooRemix-RapidsRacer.thumb.png.cb35b1aa8f87021fe98ec3ad9b233e94.png

https://adventureisland.com/water-slides/2022-attractions/

Splash into 2022 with 2 New Attractions

Opening in March 2022 — Two new attractions will be making a splash at Adventure Island, just in time for spring break! Guests can race down an all-new dueling water slide, Rapids Racer, featuring the world's first dueling saucers. Wahoo Remix, formerly Wahoo Run, will also re-surface as a new experience, with exciting first-of-its-kind ride elements for Tampa’s Island Paradise!

1000x500-AIT-Slides-RapidsRacer-wLogo.jpg.126b48f00c02ad7530b729e977133d79.jpg

NEW! Rapids Racer

Three, two, one go! Feel the rush of competition on the ALL-NEW Rapids Racer! Riders grab a two-person raft before racing through nearly 600 feet of slide, complete with low walls to encounter your opponents throughout this side-by-side experience. The thrill of the chase is amplified as guests swirl through the world’s first dueling saucers in this exhilarating journey full of high-speed tunnels, turns, and more! Who will conquer this high-speed slide first? Find out at the finish line

1000x500-AIT-Slides-WahooRemix-wLogo.jpg.bc0a315a51db63c5237b2a73c2963125.jpg

NEW! Wahoo Remix

Riders will enjoy waves of water and sound as they splash to the beat of a remixed favorite attraction. Formerly Wahoo Run, Wahoo Remix will be Adventure Island’s first waterslide to feature synchronized light and sound elements, delivering an all-new, high energy, family raft ride experience with ultimate party vibes. Enclosed tunnels that were once dark will now glow and groove as riders zoom through over 600 feet of fun.

More Additions to Tampa's Island Paradise

490x276-AIT-HangTenBar.jpg.c8abef109614332ccdd34b50f453975b.jpg

New: Hang Ten Tiki Bar

490x276-AIT-HangTenBar2.jpg.d36fd955a50fa678430c348e2a280da6.jpg

As the water park’s first full-service bar, the laid-back vibes of Hang Ten Tiki Bar will offer an all-new wave of refreshment to guests. With hand-crafted signature cocktails, fan-favorite local brews, and a regional and international rum selection, Hang Ten Tiki Bar will offer guests a perfect island oasis to fuel up for all-day fun. 

490x276-AIT-HangTenBar1.jpg.cc07919edd439441178c011a7cd50e33.jpg

Now Open Year Round with Heated Pools

Tampa’s Island Paradise is now open year round for those endless summer vibes and comfortable water temperatures any time of year. Check out the operating calendar and plan your next splash.

1900x500-AIT-ContentSlider-VRSnorkeling.thumb.jpg.9697c870898c87af70253747baf6b6b1.jpg

New: Virtual Reality Snorkeling

Dive into NEW VR Snorkeling at Adventure Island where you can choose from three virtual excursions to transport you from Paradise Lagoon to vibrant oceans, deep space or a realm of fantasy beyond imagination.

490x276-AIT-VRSnorkeling-Reef.jpg.6ac80040c7d5b7b22bbb246f3871fa89.jpg

490x276-AIT-VRSnorkeling-Dragon.jpg.a48b95601424ca9794681726d306ee8a.jpg