TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I mean sounds like kind of an interesting event, I'd be interested in checking it out depending on crowd levels and all, assuming the'll still be limiting capacity to some extent. Night rides on all the coasters with some fog and fun atmosphere is enough for me.

Anyone able to see the prices for members? I logged in but it's still showing me the regular price.

Yes, I can see the prices. They start at $24.99 (and go up based on date). Try using another device or browser to log in. Also, if you're using your email/password, try using the pass barcode/zip code method instead. That seems to work for some that try to get their discount online when making purchases.

I don't know what to expect here. It's basically a Halloween party I guess but it's stupid, stupid cheap. I love it in theory but I'm interested to see what type of crowd it attracts. That's one of the reasons that I avoid Six Flags Fright Fest events and Busch Gardens seems to be taking the "Give away the gate and get everyone drunk" model to a level that even Six Flags hasn't tried yet.

I agree with this--pretty much a party (with very expensive alcohol).

I hope for the best, but after visiting this park a few weeks ago and seeing the majority of people not wearing masks, I have my concerns. Not to mention it will be at night and there will be no way for team members to enforce the mask policy. Again...hoping for the best, but people have shown how selfish and stupid they can be and continue to be.

I hope for the best, but after visiting this park a few weeks ago and seeing the majority of people not wearing masks, I have my concerns.

Ugh, they're still doing this after all this time? I thought they'd be better by now.

^It will likely reopen once the pandemic is under control (to where sanitizing rides and social distancing isn't a big deal), they can up the allowed capacity in the parks to make it worthwhile, more people actually come to the park (that aren't pass members who they generally don't really profit from, and can afford to pay the extra staff required to run it. Unless I'm mistaken, it requires more employees to operate than any other attraction in the park. I know other parks have opened theirs, but not all parks choose to operate the same. It's common for BGT, in particular, to cut attractions like this during slow periods anyway (from my experience). Not directly related, but this is usually the time of year it goes down for its annual maintenance, as it doesn't operate during HOS, at least not in recent years. I don't see Stanley Falls opening any time soon for the same reasons, plus their queue is so tight, they'd have to pull a Disney and put up plexiglass in the queue to help separation. Also, i wouldn't be surprised if more attractions temporarily closed after Labor Day, at least on the weekdays.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phone.

How dare you forget Cobras Curse Tigris and Scorpion, enthusiasts card revoked lol.