TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

• 3 weeks later...

Jack took some better photos of it with less people around:

27_837.jpg

28_844.jpg

The press unveilings are ironically the worst places to take photos of stuff at the IAAPA Expo because there are always too many people in too small of a space!

That's one angry gator, and probably my new #1 favorite style RMC train (which would have still been L-Rod until they had to make modifications). I'm so excited for this roller coaster. Florida deserves more airtime machines, and this WILL deliver!

^ Yes Untamed comes to mind quickly but I'm sure it's not the only one

I like the gator head, but it seems too little for the RMC somewhat bulky shape. I don't know it looks a bit bare in the front, but it's a compromise I believe is justified when something looks good.

Without looking, do any other RMC coasters have lead cars? I don't remember seeing any.

They all have lead cars. Some are more stylistic than others, but there's always a car before the front row.

That looks little to you? It seems to be the same width as the seats, but not train.

I don't know when I look at that first picture that A.J. shared seeing that pivot point of the lapbar and the amount of "floor" I saw from that seat makes me think: "That head is to little for this train."

I like the head, I like the shape and dimensions for it, I just feel like it would have fitted better on a GCI train. I mean RMC has their seats and floor built on top of their chassis while GCI has them more embedded into the train and I feel that would have made the total look, look more "finished".

I'm going to reserve final judgment when I see some track underneath the train, I have a feeling that's going to change a lot of my current view of the train.

Again I like it, I just need to get used tot the "nakedness" when I look a bit lower.

If there are no airtime jolts like the ending of Steel Vengeance this is looking to be the best RMC out there for my tastes. I'm cool with ejector air but the bunny jolts are just too annoying to enjoy for me. The elements and sheer height of this thing; I can't wait to see more of it.

This thing is going to be a monster. Being shorter than SV is going to be a plus in my opinion and here's why. Think of how intense Lightning Rod is from start to finish and what an amazing coaster that is. Now imagine that coaster being 206 feet tall with inversions. Good Lord!