TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

If it looks like a pretzel, smells like a pretzel....

It's a batwing?

If a roller coaster smells like a pretzel we have problems. . .

:lol: I'm really not dorky enough to know or care about the difference between a batwing and a pretzel loop.

I love pretzels and all, but my mind is still trying to process this post...

I still don't get why people say that the back row of Montu is OMFG intense. I find it quite forceless, but maybe the insane intensity makes my body numb so I don't feel the intensity. Back row Montu is still very fun, but just not intense.

WTF??? LOL

Montu is phenomenal for its first half, but the intensity certainly drops off for the second act. For example, the turnaround after the loop looks, on paper, like it should be really forceful the whole way through, but the train seems to bleed off too much speed.

Shows Update:

Some fairly major changes in show offerings at BGT include:

Rock-a-Doo-Wop has replaced Treasures of the Mirage in the Dragon Fire Grill, and you can see it now if you visit the park.

Iceploration will be coming to a close with the last show occurring in April. The park has said a new show will start there in the Moroccan Palace this summer. The rumors that I have heard state that they will still be having Ice skating shows, but that they will change more frequently and be almost seasonal shows, sort of like what they have been doing by putting on a Christmas Ice show in during Christmastown

Wild Life Docs Live, I have heard that this show, that was supposed to start this year in the Stanleyville theater has been canceled, I haven't heard why.

In other news, keep your eyes on the Australian section of the park in the next few years

I had a fantastic day at BGT today. Weather was perfect. Crowds were very light. Coasters (and Falcon's Fury) were mostly walk-ons all day long, even Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse. My longest wait of the day was about 10 minutes for the sky ride in the mid-afternoon.

Was my first time on the three newest big rides. Cheetah Hunt is a perfect "big kid" ride. Just thrilling enough, and a ton of fun. Cobra's Curse was a little bit of a disappointment. It's like Dizz at Bobbejaanland (sorry for the obscure reference) -- 10 seconds of ride, block brake, 10 seconds of ride, block brake, etc. Love the theming though! Falcon's Fury is truly spectacular. Intamin is out of their minds. Easily my favorite drop tower.

I'll post a few pictures at some point (maybe in a day or two, maybe not until my vacation is over). Got on all the big rides multiple times, and still had time for several hours of photography.

Also, bacon pretzel twist. Only thing I ate all day. Only thing I needed to.

Another raving review for the pretzel twist. I'm sad I didn't remember about it during my last visit.

Speaking of pretzel twist, how was the pretzel twist on mont--- ah nevermind.

Glad you had a good time. It's not too often you get to experience it with such little wait. Still haven't been on cobras curse but based on most reviews I'm not missing too much. You're right, Falcon's fury hands down in the best drop tower out there.

Looking forward to the photos!

Good news, the Jambo Junction area of the park is set to re-open this spring under the new name "Animal Connections". Apparently there will be less animals in the area than before (and the staff that was fired isn't coming back) but they decided to not get rid of the area completely after further analysis and public feedback

Good news, the Jambo Junction area of the park is set to re-open this spring under the new name "Animal Connections". Apparently there will be less animals in the area than before (and the staff that was fired isn't coming back) but they decided to not get rid of the area completely after further analysis and public feedback

On one hand, that's the dumbest name ever. On the other hand, I love this area, can't wait for it to reopen!

• 2 weeks later...