TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I heard rumors that Gwazi was going to be torn down this year.

I think we should burn it down in some form of ritualistic devil worship ceremony because its pretty obvious thats where the ride came from based on my experience.

As for what will replace it I'm really not fussed right now the park are constructing one bad ass looking coaster that I think could steal the show on all other coasters opening this year.

I really, really want a dark ride to replace Gwazi. BGT is so lacking in indoor attractions that, for rainy Florida, it's kinda of ridiculous. There's nothing to do in the rain except for one of the indoor shows or to shop/eat.

I can get onboard with this.

Having a look at the shows on offer. Going with a nearly 5 year old and a restless 20 month old. I see the shows are 30 minutes long. Which ones are likely to suit? Thought A is for Africa and Opening Night Critters looked best?

I really, really want a dark ride to replace Gwazi. BGT is so lacking in indoor attractions that, for rainy Florida, it's kinda of ridiculous. There's nothing to do in the rain except for one of the indoor shows or to shop/eat.

I can get onboard with this.

I'll hop into the BGT dark ride vehicle as well.

Having a look at the shows on offer. Going with a nearly 5 year old and a restless 20 month old. I see the shows are 30 minutes long. Which ones are likely to suit? Thought A is for Africa and Opening Night Critters looked best?

Iceploration might be a good one as well.

I didn't like it as much as Katonga, but it is still a great show.

I'm heading down to Tampa for a conference next Tuesday-Saturday. I wanted to know just a bit more about what I'm getting myself into.

It'd be and a co-worker going to the park. We haven't picked a day yet, and Saturday is the flight back to Ohio, so that leaves us with Tues-Fri. Is there any better than the other option down there this time of year? We understand it's during Spring break, and the crowds would be worse than the usual December Florida visit. So...

1. we were curious if the Quick Que Unlimited are worth the cost? I almost always get Fast Passes when the wife and I visit Cedar Point, so I would be ok with it here. But I didn't know if the crowds would be manageable. It's not like we're trying to squeeze in 16 coasters.

2. Does the app include wait times? I've used them in the past at other parks and they seemed accurate, but I didn't know if the BGT app on the Play Store was just a map or once you are within range, you get updated queue info.

3. Any good places for some craft beer? I usually try to hit up places inside parks whenever I go, and I've seen in past trip reports people going, but never got a name of where to stop

Thanks for any and all the help guys! Looking forward to my first (and proabably last for a good while) visit to BGT!

1. Without it, you should have time for at least one ride on all of the major rides. With the regular Quick Queue, you could get all the rides in plus some shows and a couple rerides, and with Quick Queue Unlimited, you could ride each ride 5+ times. All depends on what you think it worth it.

2. It does, but they only get updated 1-2 times an hour, so it can sometimes be a little off. Still, wait times don't change that dramatically over an hour so it's still pretty close.

3. Not a beer drinker so can't help you there.

I'm heading down to Tampa for a conference next Tuesday-Saturday. I wanted to know just a bit more about what I'm getting myself into.

It'd be and a co-worker going to the park. We haven't picked a day yet, and Saturday is the flight back to Ohio, so that leaves us with Tues-Fri. Is there any better than the other option down there this time of year? We understand it's during Spring break, and the crowds would be worse than the usual December Florida visit. So...

1. we were curious if the Quick Que Unlimited are worth the cost? I almost always get Fast Passes when the wife and I visit Cedar Point, so I would be ok with it here. But I didn't know if the crowds would be manageable. It's not like we're trying to squeeze in 16 coasters.

2. Does the app include wait times? I've used them in the past at other parks and they seemed accurate, but I didn't know if the BGT app on the Play Store was just a map or once you are within range, you get updated queue info.

3. Any good places for some craft beer? I usually try to hit up places inside parks whenever I go, and I've seen in past trip reports people going, but never got a name of where to stop

Thanks for any and all the help guys! Looking forward to my first (and probably last for a good while) visit to BGT!

Try Twisted Tails Pretzels

Not that you asked but...

Kumba... back row, right seat (the one closest to the exit platform).

You're welcome, get ready to fly.

At night.

Afternoon too.

Any time of the day, really.

Yeah, that's where I was going with that. Kind of like the opposite of Green Eggs and Ham.

At night.

Afternoon too.

All of this x100. That’s the best seat on one of the best B&Ms ever made, and it never gets old.

At night.

Afternoon too.

All of this x100. That’s the best seat on one of the best B&Ms ever made, and it never gets old.

Any Time of the year, honestly!

At night.

Afternoon too.

Any Time of the year, honestly!

But much later in the afternoon. I've noticed that B&M's tend to have a warm up period each day, and they tend to just haul donkey later in the day.

My rule for Montu is front row in the morning, and row 8 far left after 3 pm.

At night.

Afternoon too.

All hail the intense looping turquoise B&M.

Edited by Themonerd