TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Ewww I did not realize how badly Cobra's Curse would be crowding Montu. Maybe I won't find it so bothersome in person once it's fully themed.

Looks like it will be a great compliment to me.

Ewww I did not realize how badly Cobra's Curse would be crowding Montu. Maybe I won't find it so bothersome in person once it's fully themed.

Looks like it will be a great compliment to me.

Yeah I agree, that section of the park looks amazing but it's rarely crowded, seems like I remember Montu having station waits with the plaza completely empty my last couple of visits. I hoping this ride breathes some life back into that corner of the park because it really is one of the better sections in BGT.

It is, but not that much. Mainly just some smaller Christmas trees lit up along the pathway

So the places area month travels in is pitch black? Hooray!

Do they untrim montu at night?

Montu isn't in pitch black as it has lights along the ride path, but it's still pretty dark. The only coaster that really gets absolutely pitch black is the back half of Cheetah Hunt. Going through the canyon has literally no light.

They don't untrim Montu at night, but since it is colder, it tends to run a little slower, and thus the trim isn't as bad.

They did have a light display to music on the Crown Colony House. Sorry, I didn 't get any pictures of that. My son was preoccupied with getting his rides on Cheetah Hunt.

Yep they do. It's done to Carol of the Bells and runs every 15 minutes. It's not technically in the Egypt area, but the Crown Colony Plaza though, so that's why I didn't include it. The actual Egypt area is the least lot area of the park besides Congo, which has almost nothing at all IIRC.

A few "more recent" photos of Cobras Curse from Twitter.

This coaster is a LOT closer to Montu than what I was expecting.

(Sources are in the photos.)

I really like the placement and how they are using the current Egyptian theming elements for the ride. I also like how they are going to continue the 'excavation' theme that they have with Montu. I think it will make both rides seem very well connected.

^It is probably one of the first things to head to in your day--this or Falcon's Fury. Both rides are a little lower capacity than the other coasters in the park and tend to move their lines a little more slowly as a result. I'd probably recommend doing Falcon's Fury or Cheetah Hunt first, then whichever you didn't do first next, followed by Montu, Sheikra, Kumba, Scorpian then Sand Serpent. After that, your pace in the park can really be determined by the crowds, but I would recommend the Sky Ride, the park's train and if you're an animal person, walking the animal trails and Jungala and even seeing Iceploration if you have time.

^If you're staying for dinner I'd highly recommend eating at the Crown Colony Restaurant (now only open seasonally)... Their fried fish and fried chicken is a must when it is open!

https://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/dine-and-shop/dining/crown-colony-restaurant/

Regarding counter service options, the ribs and brisket at the Zambia Smokehouse near Sheikra is the way to go!

How are Cheetah Hunts operations normally? Here at the park now and I must say they are pretty horrid. They're running 4 trains and are stacking all 4 every cycle. I will say however that CH is a hell of a lot of fun though.

^If you're staying for dinner I'd highly recommend eating at the Crown Colony Restaurant (now only open seasonally)... Their fried fish and fried chicken is a must when it is open!

https://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/dine-and-shop/dining/crown-colony-restaurant/

Regarding counter service options, the ribs and brisket at the Zambia Smokehouse near Sheikra is the way to go!

TBH, Dragon fire grill has some good choices. It's only place in the park where you can get Asian AND tex-mex!. Plus, a show and AC!

Hey Guys,

I'm gonna be in the area the week of January 3-9 and wanted to stop by the park one day but had a few questions. Is the park normally busy during this time of year? If so, which day of the week would be the best day to visit? I'm a little worried that the park hours for every day that week are only 10am-6pm and that I'm not gonna have enough time to enjoy the park. Also, the park still has their list of 2015 scheduled attraction closures on their website and not their 2016 list, does anyone know if they've released this information yet? I'd like to dodge closures for any major attractions if possible. Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I'm gonna be in the area the week of January 3-9 and wanted to stop by the park one day but had a few questions. Is the park normally busy during this time of year? If so, which day of the week would be the best day to visit? I'm a little worried that the park hours for every day that week are only 10am-6pm and that I'm not gonna have enough time to enjoy the park. Also, the park still has their list of 2015 scheduled attraction closures on their website and not their 2016 list, does anyone know if they've released this information yet? I'd like to dodge closures for any major attractions if possible. Thanks.

-On the 2nd, thy're open til seven.

-Cheetah will always be the longest line with a 60-90 average

-FF may have a 45

-Shekria may have 15-30

-The rest of the rides will have walk-ons (expect scorpion_