TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Very interesting that the cars look like wild mouse cars. Wonder if this is just artists interpretation, or if they are going to actually be created that way. I look forward to the announcement tomorrow.

I'm wondering this too! It is interesting to see the trains like this. It could just be the artists interpretation or something entirely new for spinning coasters! This looks very promising! Can't wait for the announcement tomorrow.

I must admit that the concept art looks fantastic, and I am sure this coaster will be a great addition to the park. I mean it is Busch Gardens... They pretty much do a great job with all their new attractions... However I must admit this is not enough of a new addition to make me want to plan a trip to Florida. . . I'm just going to keep waiting and hoping that Gwazi gets an RMC makeover... That will be enough for me to want to go back to the park!!

The concept art for Cobra's Curse looks fantastic!! Do anybody else feel that with the addition of these thrill/family coaster like Sand Serpent and Cobra's Curse that the END is soon to come to the classic coaster Scorpion? (may-be they could take from the pages of BGW and add a Premier SkyRocket 2 like Tempesto) just a thought.

About the future of Gwazi in my head I can see it already with a GWAZI RMC Makeover! The Lion Track would be a mustard orange color and the White Tiger Track would be Aqua Teal....oh Bush Gardens let this become a reality!!

Edited by MrNemis2003

Today we got to talk to Mark Rose, the guy who literally planned out every coaster at Busch and worked on the new one as well. I was a bit star struck! It was so cool hearing from him and how he literally had come up with the concepts years before they ever came about. I'm excited to see the official announcement tomorrow after hearing about it in his own words. He talked a bit about thoughts for the future but alas, I can't share any of it. All I can say is I believe this park will just get better and better!

New awesome looking Florida coasters themed to sharks and snakes?

We have seriously been thinking about relocating to Florida for various reasons, but this might just be the tipping point for me!

Today we got to talk to Mark Rose, the guy who literally planned out every coaster at Busch and worked on the new one as well. I was a bit star struck! It was so cool hearing from him and how he literally had come up with the concepts years before they ever came about. I'm excited to see the official announcement tomorrow after hearing about it in his own words. He talked a bit about thoughts for the future but alas, I can't share any of it. All I can say is I believe this park will just get better and better!

I'm so jealous! You got to talk to Mark Rose?!? That's so awesome - I've always wanted to pick his brain!

I think that Gwazi being redone in RMC would be very nice, but oh well if that never happens!

There might be hope for that based on an interview Mark Rose did for a local Tampa news outlet. He acknowledged that it was an option they would entertain.

From the various news outlets that have reported on this announcement it sounds like there are goin to be forward, backwards, and spinning sections to this ride. Can't wait to see this thing progress but it shouild turn out to be an awesoem attraction.

Side note, now that I have a little one of my own it's nice to see parks building really awesome attractions that don't have a 54" height restriction. This should be a seriously awesome coaster that the whole family can enjoy. First Fire Chaser, now Cobra's Curse, hopefully this trend continues.