TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

The flume ride at BGT is fairly dated, a new interactive themed flume ride would be an awesome addition.

I have such a soft spot for Stanley Falls!! I love old school flume rides, and the foliage around this one is beautiful. I'd much rather see Tidal Wave go - the half assed theming on the river portion is not representative of the brand.

That said, if they decided to knock the flume down for an Aquatrax or a Mack water-anything - I wouldn't complain!

I water coaster would be nice. I agree Tidal Wave can go. I also think Tidal Wave's location is better for a new coaster instead of right next to Montu and Cheetah Hunt. Python was in that area before and it would put a little space between the water rides, but it's nothing I'm expecting to see. Behold Tut's Fury, the first launched spinning coaster

It wouldn't be the first launched spinner in the world, there's Veil of Dark in Joyopolis.

I would be surprised if it had a launch. The location of the station and the main ride area is separated by the train tracks. This would require the launch to be high enough to get over the track area (in a very compact place).

I think we are looking at a family spin coaster from MACK along the lines of Sierra Sidewinder or Duervelwind at Toverland with a potential dark ride section. This would fill a missing need at the park to have a solid family coaster.

Kind of surprised that they're following up Cheetah Hunt with a Mack spinner. Variety can be nice, but a Mack spinner is presumably aimed at directly the same demographic. At a glance, it would seem like it would be a better fit for Sea World Orlando, with the Sea World 200 footer being a better fit at Tampa. Either way, things (new ride planning & allocation, specifically) are being run way differently nowadays at Busch Parks. I never thought I'd see 2 consecutive launched coasters at Busch Williamsburg, for example (within 3 years of each other, to boot).

I visit Busch Tampa more than any other park annually, and would consider it to be my home park despite living near Chicago and having a Six Flags park roughly an hour away. Whatever this addition turns out to be, I just hope it doesn't come off as an afterthought like Tempesto did (regardless of whether it's a good ride or not, I have no doubt that it is, Premier launchers don't suck).

Kind of surprised that they're following up Cheetah Hunt with a Mack spinner. Variety can be nice, but a Mack spinner is presumably aimed at directly the same demographic. At a glance, it would seem like it would be a better fit for Sea World Orlando, with the Sea World 200 footer being a better fit at Tampa. Either way, things (new ride planning & allocation, specifically) are being run way differently nowadays at Busch Parks. I never thought I'd see 2 consecutive launched coasters at Busch Williamsburg, for example (within 3 years of each other, to boot).

I visit Busch Tampa more than any other park annually, and would consider it to be my home park despite living near Chicago and having a Six Flags park roughly an hour away. Whatever this addition turns out to be, I just hope it doesn't come off as an afterthought like Tempesto did (regardless of whether it's a good ride or not, I have no doubt that it is, Premier launchers don't suck).

Surprisingly, there's not that many Mack Spinners out there. The major difference is Mack's are trains, not individual cars and more likely to be custom in layout. I could have seen a Crush's inspired spinner at SeaWorld. Are we sure this for sure a spinner? With what seems like indoor and outdoor sections maybe it's s less immersive version of the new Minimoys ride system. That's another one I could see at SeaWorld with aquarium sections to view during the ride.

Shame that Gwazi is closed,

Said no one ever!

Very true!

I have such a soft spot for Stanley Falls!! I love old school flume rides, and the foliage around this one is beautiful. I'd much rather see Tidal Wave go - the half assed theming on the river portion is not representative of the brand.

That said, if they decided to knock the flume down for an Aquatrax or a Mack water-anything - I wouldn't complain!

I didn't get the chance to ride Tidal Wave on my last visit, but I'll agree on Stanley Falls. Such a classic log flume ride with a great layout. I also love the pacing of the ride after the first drop.

With there being speculation of an indoor section to the ride there could be a chance we could see the first spinning drop section coaster in the world. Just throwing it out there

I think that's a good possibility, the name Cobra's Curse just smells of drop section!