TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Wow, the food looks amazing! Thanks for posting this. Any idea what the new attraction will be? I though maybe something indoors using the old Tut building for a queue, but this looks much bigger.

It's definitely something with a track to it. The rumor is a Mack Spinning coaster.

^ But then it wouldn't be a mobius loop like with TC. Actually, now that I think about, the park employees probably wouldn't bother check several thousand IDs a day so I could just sneak by. Also, speaking of beer themed coasters, did you know there's a blue fire clue that launches you out of a keg?

If this was a replacement for Gwazi then I am entirely sure they would waste time checking ID's.

Yessssssss on the Mack crates! Mack has been building ever-improving attractions over the last decade. They are becoming more and more like Intamin and with much better ride restraints. Happy to see a major installation coming to the U.S.

So, now that we know its Mack, are we still thinking it's going to be a Mack Spinning Coaster? I wonder how big the "true" footprint is - it's hard to tell from the construction photos I've seen. That would definitely help narrow it down. Based on other Spinning Coasters I've seen, the footprint that I'm able to make out would fit one nicely. That said, I'm secretly hoping for something like Blue Fire, but the visible footprint doesn't look like it could fit something of that magnitude (and since they already have a launched with Cheetah Hunt...).

^Given the size of the footprint and the fact that SeaWorld seems to be the park getting the relatively big addition in 2016, I think a spinning coaster makes logical sense. A launched terrain coaster like Manta wouldn't be out of the question either with the size of the plot but I feel like such an addition would be mildly redundant since Cheetah Hunt is right there too.

^For some reason my mind jumps to the notion of scarabs when I think of Egypt and things that could conceivably spin... But that's merely a guess--no inside information on this one.

Scarabs would be a plausible theme. My mind also wandered to a Cobra theme, but after thinking on it for a few seconds...I highly doubt it. I think it would be really cool if they built mock pyramids and had the course interact heavily with that.

Any chance that this could be a highly themed Mack Water coaster or no due to Journey To Atlantis already being in Florida? Just a thought.

I think it's possible, but not this time around for this area of the park. I could see them scrapping Tidal Wave at some point and putting a more innovative water attraction in it's place.

^For some reason my mind jumps to the notion of scarabs when I think of Egypt and things that could conceivably spin... But that's merely a guess--no inside information on this one.

The flume ride at BGT is fairly dated, a new interactive themed flume ride would be an awesome addition.

I have such a soft spot for Stanley Falls!! I love old school flume rides, and the foliage around this one is beautiful. I'd much rather see Tidal Wave go - the half assed theming on the river portion is not representative of the brand.

That said, if they decided to knock the flume down for an Aquatrax or a Mack water-anything - I wouldn't complain!

Scarabs would be a plausible theme. My mind also wandered to a Cobra theme, but after thinking on it for a few seconds...I highly doubt it. I think it would be really cool if they built mock pyramids and had the course interact heavily with that.

I've heard Cobra themed going around also, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The flume ride at BGT is fairly dated, a new interactive themed flume ride would be an awesome addition.

I have such a soft spot for Stanley Falls!! I love old school flume rides, and the foliage around this one is beautiful. I'd much rather see Tidal Wave go - the half assed theming on the river portion is not representative of the brand.

That said, if they decided to knock the flume down for an Aquatrax or a Mack water-anything - I wouldn't complain!

I water coaster would be nice. I agree Tidal Wave can go. I also think Tidal Wave's location is better for a new coaster instead of right next to Montu and Cheetah Hunt. Python was in that area before and it would put a little space between the water rides, but it's nothing I'm expecting to see. Behold Tut's Fury, the first launched spinning coaster

I water coaster would be nice. I agree Tidal Wave can go. I also think Tidal Wave's location is better for a new coaster instead of right next to Montu and Cheetah Hunt. Python was in that area before and it would put a little space between the water rides, but it's nothing I'm expecting to see. Behold Tut's Fury, the first launched spinning coaster

I feel like if they knocked Tidal Wave down, they should replace it with another water attraction. Point being, Florida get's so friggin HOT in the summer and the lines for the existing lines get sooooo long. The more ways to cool off, the better. Also, reducing the water attraction line up from 3 to 2 will just make the lines for the remaining 2 that much longer. Also, +1 on a launched spinning coaster!!

I stopped by Busch Gardens this week and looked at the construction site. The train tracks are starting to be re/installed. What I did find interesting is they were laying several new utility lines along the train track area and out to the new coaster site. One of the new lines was a large blue pipe and looked like a water line. Just thought that was a little interesting.