TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I could actually see that if the new coaster going in at BGW is sucsessful, BGT getting the same one (or similar) the next year. Sort of like BGT getting Shiekra, then BGW getting Griffon shortly thereafter.

I don't know if they would go for another launched coaster since Cheetah Hunt is relatively new still.

There are so many rumors with BGT with no basis. I've heard Formula Rossa redux, Hyper, Gwazi refurb, Gwazi tear down...

The only thing I haven't heard is what the park needs most, which is an indoor, out of the heat, weather-proof dark attraction. That or an improvement to the layout that isn't one huge circle.

Edited by BlahBlahson

I could actually see that if the new coaster going in at BGW is sucsessful, BGT getting the same one (or similar) the next year. Sort of like BGT getting Shiekra, then BGW getting Griffon shortly thereafter.

I don't know if they would go for another launched coaster since Cheetah Hunt is relatively new still.

BGW is adding back-to-back launched coasters so the difference would be.....?

^ One goes backwards, one goes upside down, one has more intense launches, one is half indoors...

An indoor dark ride a la the style of darkastle would be perfect. It doesn't have to be scary themed, but a really good dark ride would be awesome here. I'm surprised they don't have one!

I was at Busch today before the storms moved in an closed the rides. I rode Falcon's Fury 7 times this morning. The lines were short for the "technical rehearsals." I waited no longer than 15 minutes at the most for each ride.

I was also there today. Rode it 6 times today, with 5 of them being when it just opened. We literally walked off, went through the queue line, and were back on the next ride. Went back and rode it for the 6th time and then the storms rolled in waiting for out seventh time.

I was there yesterday too. I got 3 rides before the storm shut everything down. How do y'all feel about Falcon's Fury?

I agree, a dark ride would be a good fit, especially with the heat and afternoon storms here in the bay area during most our looong summers . Something to cool you down and also be open during the almost daily showers. Still, for a new coaster, the one going in at BGW would also work well here, because many times throughout the year it's a little empty crowd wise during the off seasons. A lower capacity thrill ride might do quite well.

At least some of Rhino Rally's land will be used for the elephant habitat expansion/renovation. The goal is to have Spike, the new male the park acquired last year from the Calgary Zoo, be able to mate with the youngest female in the current herd and then also be able to be on display. The current habitat is not built to handle a bull elephant (he weights some 4 - 5 thousand pounds more than the females). The walls in some spots will need to be raised, the dry moat widened in spots, and the gate in the interaction area replaced/reinforced.

I highly doubt someone that high in Busch Gardens rankings would tell a 16 year-old what the next project is. (And for the record, I'm 16 too)

He did not specify what the project is. He told me that they have a coaster designed for 2015. That's all I know.

Hmm...Assuming he's more reliable than the dippin dots guy, then I guess we should be hearing an announcement from the park about that soon. As with BGW, they seem to like to take their time when it comes to announcing 2015.

The train guy at BGT is WAY more reliable than the dippin dots guy. On my visit he predicted Falcon's Fury would open in August, and look what happened.

He told me that they have a coaster designed for 2015. That's all I know.

It's a Premier rides S:UF clone.

At Busch Gardens Tampa? I highly doubt it. I know Williamsburg is receiving one, but Tampa is expecting a larger scale coaster from what I been hearing.

It's been up for discussion for a while but that listing and photo is believed to be of Twist and Shout from Loudoun Castle, a clone of Scorpion but definitely not Scorpion. Notice in the photo that there is shrubbery and trees throughout the layout, something that Scorpion distinctly lacks.