TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Thank you for the report. I love th elook of this ride - the colors and the wings on the sides of the ride carriages are a cool bonus. It's definitely on my to do list if I ever get down to Florida.

My mouth waters at the sight of that Pretzel Bacon Fury. Why must you tempt us?

Report is great! Do you still get that gut wrenching stomach- drop feeling that is so common on other Intamin towers?

No, due to the fact that you are facing the ground, there is no opportunity for an ejector feeling. Instead, with the ride falling right at freefall speed, it feels like you are actually free falling like you are skydiving or something. That feeling is enhanced because the ride freefalls right about the same pace your body would anyway, so instead of it pushing you down the ride, you kind of float in your seat and forget you are strapped into anything at all until the brakes hit. Really a cool experience.

Wow!!! That sounds incredible! It seems like this is a new experience all together...have to get over to BGT asap.

I've been hearing the same hypercoaster rumor ever since Falcons Fury was announced. I've gotten some hints from an inside source that the 2015 coaster has already been designed and will be announced after FF.

Was it the dippin' dots guy?

Just rode Falcon's Fury yesterday. The gimmick totally works and if I hadn't been on so many drop towers it would have ruined me. The drop itself is about the same power as the other Intamin roto-drops and if you didn't flip back to normal position so far from the ground this ride would absolutely devastate people as the first two seconds really looks like you're going to faceplant into oblivion.

My favorite part was the insanely delicious new pretzel stand.

I've been hearing the same hypercoaster rumor ever since Falcons Fury was announced. I've gotten some hints from an inside source that the 2015 coaster has already been designed and will be announced after FF.

Was it the dippin' dots guy?

No I've talked to Mark Rose. Don't ask me for specifics, because that's confidential. But all I know is the 2015 attraction is connected with the demolition of Critter Castaways.

Where are they fitting this?

I'm hearing Bird Gardens/Morrocco area.

I was at Busch today before the storms moved in an closed the rides. I rode Falcon's Fury 7 times this morning. The lines were short for the "technical rehearsals." I waited no longer than 15 minutes at the most for each ride. Very efficient dispatches, and ride operations. The "grouper" filled every seat. That's important since I'm normally a single rider. I've been on many drop rides (my favorite is Lex Luthor at 6 Flags Magic Mountain for it's height and Lex speech at the top. Yes, I've been on Zumanjaro at Great Adventure - disappointed.), but this one with the tilt face down is amazing! I enjoyed every rep I got today. A very very nice addition for Busch. The queue line seems small for the crowds that will come when it "opens." Also all the ride ops are in communication with each other via headsets. That improves operations. Love it!

Where are they fitting this?

I'm hearing Bird Gardens/Morrocco area.

If that is even remotely true it would have to be a twister layout.

I was at Busch today before the storms moved in an closed the rides. I rode Falcon's Fury 7 times this morning. The lines were short for the "technical rehearsals." I waited no longer than 15 minutes at the most for each ride.

I was also there today. Rode it 6 times today, with 5 of them being when it just opened. We literally walked off, went through the queue line, and were back on the next ride. Went back and rode it for the 6th time and then the storms rolled in waiting for out seventh time.