TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

or a launched standup B&M

Now that would be something new (and quite gimmicky). However, as I've said, I actually would like to see B&M building one now. (not that I think that's happening anytime soon)

Launched Flyer. That is what i want. I feel like they have soooo much potential but right now the pretzal loop is its best feature. (Then again if only been on Ultimate Flight). Look at Sky Scrapper! Put a launch on that and i think it would would be a perfect flyer.

You know they could go with a B&m megalite or a launched standup B&M

B&M mega lite, yes please! Launched B&M standup, no! My 4 least favorite B&Ms are all stand-ups. I'm not a fan of the genre. Busch seems to have a good relationship with B&M, so I still think a B&M hyper is their likliest scenario for a mega coaster.

As much I want to see a verbolten down here I think cheetah hunt fills that category I've got to work tonight but I will get to the park tomorrow for night shots of pantopia. Another big idea would be to move all the parking over to the other side with a parking garage and expand Egypt and the marekeesh with a new entrance as well.(Mark Rose are you listening?)

As much I want to see a verbolten down here I think cheetah hunt fills that category I've got to work tonight but I will get to the park tomorrow for night shots of pantopia. Another big idea would be to move all the parking over to the other side with a parking garage and expand Egypt and the marekeesh with a new entrance as well.(Mark Rose are you listening?)

THIS! I also want the entrance area to get completely redone. I think a Parking Garage would suit the park really well. I think Egypt deserves an expansion with a new kind of ride. It really was Montu and...that's it

A better question is: Why the heck does a 335-acre amusement park need to invest a ton of money into a parking garage? If they want to do upgrades to the entrance and Egypt, I'm sure they can do it without taking out a ton of parking spaces.

A better question is: Why the heck does a 335-acre amusement park need to invest a ton of money into a parking garage? If they want to do upgrades to the entrance and Egypt, I'm sure they can do it without taking out a ton of parking spaces.

Also, most of the parking is across the street...so taking out parking spaces would do nothing lol. Unless they want to build a bridge to expand outside their current boundaries which would make no sense.

Is there any sort of updated estimate of opening for Fury? This isn't going to turn into a Flying Turns, right?

Also, I'm struck by how much slack is given to the park/manufacturer here -- I get that it's a prototype, but holy smokes what would the discussion be like, right now, if this were Six Flags Tampa?

Officially, the park marketing team is sticking with "Late Summer" for Falcon's Fury opening. The Howl-O-Scream site lists FF as an attraction, so they're promoting it as being open by that point in time. When exactly it will actually open? Sources vary based on their level of optimism at this point.

Also, I'm struck by how much slack is given to the park/manufacturer here -- I get that it's a prototype, but holy smokes what would the discussion be like, right now, if this were Six Flags Tampa?

The difference is Falcon's Fury is a unique first-of-its-kind major thrill ride. Not a relocated wild mouse. Also, the park did its job on time; Pantopia is done, and the construction part is over. This is now all on Intamin to get the thing working.

BGT also doesnt have a record of being late with rides. Theyre typically reliable. Whereas stuff like this happens with Six Flags all the time. Its also Intamin...it seems that their projects are becoming too overambitious/problematic, and a park cant be blamed for wanting to take a risk and having the manufaturer not come through 100%.

That's lookin to be a pretty insane drop. If things work out(which hopefully they will) then I definitely want to see this at parks all over. Plus the color scheme looks sweet! Anyone know if that's how long they'll actually hold you up there at the top? It might've just been lengthened cuz it's being tested.

That's lookin to be a pretty insane drop. If things work out(which hopefully they will) then I definitely want to see this at parks all over. Plus the color scheme looks sweet! Anyone know if that's how long they'll actually hold you up there at the top? It might've just been lengthened cuz it's being tested.

It's randomized by a computer from 1 second to 5 seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if (in the video) it took longer to drop because their running it in manual mode for the sake of testing.