TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^^I don't see an intamin as a likely candidate over B&M, especially since the i305 breakdown. At the gatekeeper and banshee announcement ceremonies, the park managers kept referring to B&M's reliability, so I don't think they want to take a risk with Intamin unfortunately.

Yet BGT spent millions on an Intamin coaster a few years ago...

And a prototype Intamin drop tower right now...people who say this whole 'parks won't want a faulty (blank) because of (blank)' know nothing about the industry, honestly.

^^I don't see an intamin as a likely candidate over B&M, especially since the i305 breakdown. At the gatekeeper and banshee announcement ceremonies, the park managers kept referring to B&M's reliability, so I don't think they want to take a risk with Intamin unfortunately.

Yet BGT spent millions on an Intamin coaster a few years ago...

And a prototype Intamin drop tower right now...people who say this whole 'parks won't want a faulty (blank) because of (blank)' know nothing about the industry, honestly.

They bought cheetah hunt over 2 years before the i305 breakdown, and I didn't say they wouldn't buy a faulty intamin, I said I think its more likely they go with a BM giga based on other parks' recent coaster purchases, especially leviathan and the carowinds giga.

Edited by willthegolfer

I wouldn't be surprised if Busch Gardens next coaster would be a Wing Coaster.

I was just thinking that.

Also, keep in mind that the river portion of Rhino Rally was a prototype, and we all know how that turned out.

Sad to say though, but based on what I seen on January 13th, I believe Rhino Rally is on it's last legs.

They bought cheetah hunt over 2 years before the i305 breakdown, and I didn't say they wouldn't buy a faulty intamin, I said I think its more likely they go with a BM giga based on other parks' recent coaster purchases, especially leviathan and the carowinds giga.

I'm failing to see how Cedar Fair's purchasing decisions have any bearing on what Busch Gardens would do. But that's just me.

I'm failing to see how Cedar Fair's purchasing decisions have any bearing on what Busch Gardens would do. But that's just me.

I realized that might not be the best statement I've ever posted, but what I was going for was that the last 2 gigas (counting Carowinds) have been B&M, and the last intamin giga was broken down for an extended period of time, so that might influence their decision if they do go the giga route, not that they'll completely avoid Intamin.

I realized that might not be the best statement I've ever posted, but what I was going for was that the last 2 gigas (counting Carowinds) have been B&M, and the last intamin giga was broken down for an extended period of time, so that might influence their decision if they do go the giga route, not that they'll completely avoid Intamin.

But the last Giga of B&M barely made it to the top 20 and mostly because it's new; however, the last Intamin Giga never fall out of top 5. Leviathan costs $28,000,000 but i305 costs $25,000,000.

But the last Giga of B&M barely made it to the top 20 and mostly because it's new; however, the last Intamin Giga never fall out of top 5. Leviathan costs $28,000,000 but i305 costs $25,000,000.

I realize that might not have been the best statement I've ever posted. I'm all for an intamin, especially since that's a park I might actually visit soon.

I'd rather not see a B&M hyper or giga at Busch Gardens. How about another wooden coaster that won't turn to utter crap in 5 years? (*COUGH* RMC *COUGH*).

We have no idea how the RMCs will be in 5 years Now, really, I don't expect them to get bad or anything.

Also, keep in mind that the river portion of Rhino Rally was a prototype, and we all know how that turned out.

Sad to say though, but based on what I seen on January 13th, I believe Rhino Rally is on it's last legs.

It's been a shadow of its former self, which wasn't much to begin with, ever since they built Cheetah Hunt--an interesting concept that never worked properly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Busch Gardens next coaster would be a Wing Coaster.

Don't you put that on us! Don't you put that evil on us!

"Begone, Wing coaster! Back to hell with you!"

^I'll be looking forward to hearing what it's like. Well.... I don't know why I still have any hope for the wing coasters.... I just would really like to see B&M doing and intense old school one. Yeah, I know: "Keep dreaming"

I see everyone is guessing or hoping to see one of the 3 following coasters:

1) A Giga from B&M or Intamin

2) A Wing Coaster

3) A better Woodie

I hope it is a Giga Intamin. I think that a Giga coaster is much easier to market since it can be the tallest in the southeast region (is Virginia consider southeast?)

I would cry if it turned out that their next coaster is a Wing Coaster. If they end up with a Woodie, which to me is the least likely to occur, I wouldn't mind an Intamin or better yet a RMC creation.

I see everyone is guessing or hoping to see one of the 3 following coasters:

1) A Giga from B&M or Intamin

2) A Wing Coaster

3) A better Woodie

I hope it is a Giga Intamin. I think that a Giga coaster is much easier to market since it can be the tallest in the southeast region (is Virginia consider southeast?)

I would cry if it turned out that their next coaster is a Wing Coaster. If they end up with a Woodie, which to me is the least likely to occur, I wouldn't mind an Intamin or better yet a RMC creation.

1) Intamin or B&M Giga

2) Mega-Lite

3) A better woodie

Even if Virginia doesn't count, the carowinds giga would be the tallest in the southeast in 2015.

I really hope it is a Giga, as the world needs more of those. Since BGT & BGW are fairly similar on their additions (Like Falcon's Fury and Mach Tower are both drop rides, Griffon & Sheikra are both dive coasters, Cheetah Hunt & Verbolten, Alpengiest & Montu, etc), If BGT got a Giga, could BGW also be a likely candidate for one?

I think a wing coaster at BGW would work better with the terrain than one at BGT. Although, BGT certainly is NOT afraid to dig.

I think BGT could pull off a nice wing coaster.

For me, it is not about forces all the time. Rerideablilty is number 1 for me. At Media Day, I rode Gatekeeper 30 times. On opening night of Halloweekends, I rode it once for our ERT. It had developed a bounce. KUMBA does not ride as rough at Gatekeeper.

BGW isn't in the cards for a giga. I'm sure the park had to cut through a LOT of red tape to get something above 200 feet. Tack an extra 100 feet and you've got an uphill battle.

Between the city, Kingsmill, and the fact that project 2015 calls for something in the 150 foot range, don't expect a giga in VA like Tampa is.