TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I love the Paint Scheme for Falcon's Fury on the post on the previous page. And last thing i heard recently that Gwazi will be replaced around 2015-2016 and the latest rumor is that it will be a B&M Giga thats over 300 ft tall similar to Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland.

Ok I might be just crazy but I don't want a Hyper Coaster as the replacement for Gwazi. It would be nice to have, but I think something else would be better.

In my opinion, I feel like the park should make a complete overhaul to the entrance (something similar to what they're doing over at SeaWorld San Diego). Also, a family attraction of some sort (not Antarctica, but something a lot better) would be in the best interest for the park. I was at the park recently this summer and it was sad to see how this place has become. All of the cut backs, the upkeep of the park, and just the overall atmosphere seemed very boring and depressed. It seems that a family attraction would bring more families to this park which is what was in absence of what I saw. It was mostly a group of teenagers walking around the park that you would find at a Six Flags park. Also, it looked very empty. A good family dark ride would be terrific. Just a ride that could follow something that shows all of these scenes and places from Africa (a mix between Harry Potter and Soarin' type of ride) and ya!

Personally, I think they might put in a permanent venue for shows inside gwazi field before they add another ride. Honestly, they use that area a lot now for a multitude of things, and it would be beneficial to add the venue for seasonal reasons and concerts.

Just my 2 cents. Whatever they built, I hope the land is developed for a series of new additions. Gwazi field/Gwazi make up a HUGE area of the park.

300444454_ScreenShot2013-10-28at11_16_07PM.png.3a10d07e9c30807e2db6ad891daad0eb.png

There is more than enough space for muti-year expansions. I still think a new permanent venue could be coming to gwazi field and a new themed area to the rest.

I'd like to see a compact giga coaster in the spot where Gwazi is now. Something like the prefab giga designs RCT2 came with where it's just a mess of turns and airtime hills. I could see B&M pulling this off and it looking really nice.

The issue with a giga is that there's really not much they could theme it to. The only aggressive African animals I can think of would be the tiger (now that Gwazi's gone) and rhino (while they have Rhino Rally, there is Falcon's Fury and SheiKra), maybe the wildebeest. I think the tiger would be the best option, but it still doesn't scream "giga" to me in my opinion. But still, paint the track orange with teal supports as a Gwazi tribute and I could see it working well.

Well there seems to be a lot of talk going around about a hyper replacement for Gwazi. It sure would have been nice to see it get the topper track treatment like Texas Giant and Rattler did. The last decent wood coaster in Florida I recall was the Hurricane from defunct Boardwalk and Baseball. I never got a chance to ride Starliner when it was still at Miracle Strip or Cypress Gardens. The former Triple Hurricane at the now Legoland was decent for a small woodie. As for the speculated hyper for Busch, let's hope for a good one that's taller than Sheikra.

Is it too late to count out the RMC rehab for Gwazi? I always thought that the only issue that would prevent that would be lack of maintenance, and I want to say they've been maintaining the Tiger side, though I could very well be wrong.

Restoring Gwazi to more than its former glory with RMC iron horse track and the like would be great. Paint the rails the respective color of the track (yellow rails on Lion, blue rails on Tiger) and get Rocky Mountain or Gerstlauer to make trains and it'll be good as new AND a people eater! Maybe even add a high-speed barrel roll/upside-down high five element on the two airtime hops where the trains intersect each other. I've not ridden it (I get to go through such a painful rite of passage to the online coaster community in a couple days) but it looks beautiful on Google Streetview and it'd be unfortunate to have to tear something that looks that pretty down.

That being said, how painful is it compared to Son of Beast, Mean Streak, The Beast, and Thunderhead? Just out of curiosity. My dad wants to know because he doesn't like rough rides and I'm honestly wondering the same thing.

As for a barrel roll, it would have to happen here:

It would be the perfect spot for one.

As for how painful it is, I have never been on another wooden coaster, but Gwazi isn't too bad. I can ride it more than once without bodily injury, and it is definitely better with the MF trains than with the old PTC ones. I could barely make it through one ride without getting a headache on those.

I didn't think Gwazi was bad when I was at the park in April. Seeing as I was used to rough woodies, and I did sit in the front row as well, I thought it was a decent ride. It gave me a thrill factor, but I would rather ride all the other rides in the park.

Personally, I think they might put in a permanent venue for shows inside gwazi field before they add another ride. Honestly, they use that area a lot now for a multitude of things, and it would be beneficial to add the venue for seasonal reasons and concerts.

Just my 2 cents. Whatever they built, I hope the land is developed for a series of new additions. Gwazi field/Gwazi make up a HUGE area of the park.

I think the land is capable of supporting a more permanent show venue in addition to a major new attraction/realm. Just look at what Sheikra did to the little corner of Stanleyville when it was added. I think we'll continue to see new coasters at Busch Gardens designed with entirely new lands/realms in mind, bringing in other offerings like dining venues, entertainment and animal spaces all into one, like we've seen with Cheetah Hunt, Jungala and (by a stretch) Antarctica: Empire of the Penguins.

I was on streetview and noticed some undeveloped land back behind Kumba and Congo River Rapids. Is this owned by the park? If it is, maybe they put some sort of covered bridge over Congo River Rapids to get back there? I don't think a Leviathan-esque coaster could fit in Gwazi's spot. I know B&M's magic and could make it fit if they really wanted to but that space back there seems more likely for a giga.

I don't see Gwazi's land as fit for a theater and the reason being is focus. When I went to BGW in 2007, the shows we saw were amazing (Kinetix, Pet Shenanigans, and Castle O'Sullivan, which was my favorite), but I feel like Blackstone puts less emphasis on these shows than the previous owners did. The park seems to have a lot of show buildings and it really needs something big if they want to outdo the rest of the tough competition in Florida. A giga could easily do this, maybe so could a wing coaster. Put the wing coaster in Gwazi's spot and the giga behind Kumba. Maybe a nice air-conditioned dark attraction would fit somewhere in the park, maybe a sister ride to DarKastle in Egypt with Montu. I could also see an S&S Screamin' Swing towering over Egypt with scarabs painted on the arch.

One thing I've always wondered about the park is whether or not BGT is BeeGT. In other words, does this park have the "bees swarm on lift hills" issue that other parks (Dollywood, Carowinds, BGW) has? If so, that could make life really suck on Falcon's Fury. Usually you just move through it and go faster than any bee would probably bother to chase you, but if the tower sways and rocks a nest up there while it's flipping you forward, you stay in the same spot. I'm not sure if drop towers (especially ones this tall) have this issue but I'd like to know if the park in general has it, particularly on Cheetah Hunt at this time of year, how long it usually lasts before it's cleared up, and if there's a strategy to avoid letting it keep you from credits.

Last paranoid Jarrett question, I promise, but does Cheetah Hunt have a height max? It isn't listed on the website. I know Maverick is 6'5 and I'm less than that, should I be fine?

Can't wait to go! Thanks for all the help here, everybody!

^I really disagree with your opinion on Blackstone and shows. They did plan to bring new show experiences to our Florida parks, especially at Busch Gardens. I.E. Iceploration, Madagascar, A is for Africa, the (6) Christmas Shows that have been revamped/created for Christmas Town, new street experiences, and more!

While yes, they seem to be more adamant with creating more thrills for guests, they haven't forgotten how to make the park a full package. So, honestly, I actually think Blackstone has been putting equal focus on show experiences as the previous owners have, especially at BGT.

• 2 weeks later...

Busch Gardens Tampa has sent us a press release announcing the debut of Live from Little People Place presented by Fisher Price for one weekend this month.

For more than five decades, Busch Gardens® Tampa has set the industry’s standard for delivering unforgettable entertainment experiences. From Nov. 20-21, the park is continuing the tradition by partnering with Fisher Price to welcome Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE™.

Fisher Price has stood by their position to celebrate people, places and things through discoveries that spark little stories and big imaginations. Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE™ will give guests the chance to meet the characters that have been a part of a global brand for more than 54 years.

Kids will get a chance to meet Eddie™ (high energy & a ready, fire, aim kind of boy), Sofie (fashion experimenter who is curious & questioning), Tessa (the go-getter who loves to twirl), Mia® (sensitive & gentle, prim & proper) and Koby (the silly jester, full of cosmic energy) during this live stage show.

The five kid characters are led by their teacher and guide, and through song and dance take the audience on an adventure filled with exploration and discovery. Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE!™ is showing for a limited time at Busch Gardens’ Marrakesh Theater.

Kids Get In Free

During show days, Nov. 20-21, children up to age 9 can come enjoy Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE™, along with the rest of Busch Gardens, for FREE. Visit buschgardens.com for details.

Show times are 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. each day. Guests can also take part in a meet-n-greet with the stars from Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE!™ at 11:45 a.m. at Zagora Café.

Be the first to know about new events, special deals and future announcements by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com. You can also “like” the Busch Gardens Facebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter, on Pinterest and Instagram.

1893236900_LPLiveMusicalShowLOGO2013rgb.thumb.jpg.7bbe7915b8410ad8ead5947842a18399.jpg

Pose1.thumb.jpg.725bc85849b2ed11a8279bb19f4a779d.jpg

Pose2.thumb.jpg.83d593f4656f56762ff4c1271e4339dc.jpg

168499977_Pose3Art.thumb.jpg.5190ec7a879dfd0fddfab98ecc07bd44.jpg

1966051357_Pose4Dance.thumb.jpg.e69c5aaca5ba462f520c5be11083671f.jpg

Here's the long-awaited trip report from yours truly!

I flipped out the first time I saw the virtual POV for Cheetah Hunt. I HAD to get down to Florida to ride it. It shot to the top of my bucket list.

I tried a few tactics to get down there. First I decided that I should enter the Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Coaster Build-Off despite the fact that I hate pretzels, and, well, this Eurofighter was the result:

230795_214309811931387_5512635_n.jpg

Unfortunately, as impressive as Gonga was, it didn't win. I tried talking my parents into vacationing in Siesta Key and spending a day driving to the park, but they weren't interested.

2.5 years and 5 pounds of pretzels later, my dad decided that I needed to learn to fly on my own. Being in engineering and possibly designing roller coasters for a living, I would have to do a lot of flying around to see stuff I've designed built, so he asked me if I wanted to fly anywhere close by. I told him I wanted to go to Tampa and ride Cheetah Hunt.

The trip was confirmed in February of 2013, and called off in July because we flew to Mexico for vacation and I discovered my phobia of flying. However, I decided in August that I needed to get over it, and called it back on because 1.) I HAD to get on Cheetah Hunt and 2.) I needed to learn to fly for professional reasons.

993671_725679864127710_1483255446_n.jpg

They served these on the airplane? Really?

1000226_725679874127709_1608379055_n.jpg

One of the first things you see landing in the Tampa airport. Yup...we're in the right place!

1392462_725680007461029_1924603235_n.jpg

Traffic going to the hotel was bad, but we were near this car! The fact that we practically followed it to the hotel showed us just how close to the park we were.

1379656_725679964127700_1269476743_n.jpg

MY BABY!!!1!111!! Flew all the way from Ohio to get here and seeing it in person was amazing! Best of all? This was across the street from the hotel!

1385673_725679974127699_1229857220_n.jpg

Blurry zoomed shot!

581089_725680047461025_1727658535_n.jpg

Montu! About to be Banshee's little brother!

1395229_725680054127691_661722920_n.jpg

Walking in the area around the park, you can see that the city needs to redesign that specific part of town and maybe maintain it a bit better. Some brilliant engineer felt the need to put this right in the middle of the sidewalk, there was roadkill in the streets that spent all three days we were there in the street and never got cleaned up (here in Ohio you can drive past it one way and find it cleaned up on the way back from a quick errand), and one of the crosswalk buttons had fallen off so every time you had to cross that street you had to play "reset button" and find something small, usually a twig, to push the smaller internal button to cross. Not to mention the sidewalks slanted at a fifteen degree angle. However, you couldn't find a friendlier community. Everybody we spoke with in the area businesses was so nice to us, quite a nice change from the "Ohio rudeness" I hear people visiting Ohio talk about so much. The area seems to be growing too. There was a really nice Ihop, a Red Lobster, an Olive Garden, two new hotels, and there was construction going on around the block from us. Maybe now that it seems like the park's really starting to reel in new businesses to that block the city will renovate it. It happened to a stretch of rode in my hometown, I'd love to see a booming business area expand around such a nice park staffed by that already friendly community.

563115_725680100794353_86394859_n.jpg

Saw this in the hotel!

1385530_725680124127684_94130339_n.jpg

Grabbed dinner at a place called Skipper's Smokehouse that night. I had crawfish and gator tail and it was to DIE for! The place was also built not in a building, but a strange "hive" of trailers laid end to end.

1453234_725680154127681_1263847577_n.jpg

The next day was the longest morning of my life. We intended to get up at 7:30, ended up getting up at 6:30 because neither of us could sleep and ended up going to Ihop for breakfast. After that, we waited around the hotel for a bit and walked to the tram! After getting our bag checked, we spent thirty minutes waiting outside the park for them to unchain the entrance. After a pretty awkward national anthem with no flag and everybody looking around for one, they let us in! I really like BGT's entrance, easily beats out Cedar Point's for my favorite park entrance. Now build a roller coaster over it!

1395764_725680190794344_52535378_n.jpg

We BOOKED IT to Cheetah Hunt! We had a bit of a delay needing a locker for the bag (I heard they had cubbies like Cedar Fair does but they didn't) but were still on one of the first five trains of the day.

551337_725757320786631_651470895_n.jpg

Move over, Millennium Force, Cheetah Hunt is now my favorite coaster! I understand that a lot of enthusiasts don't like it, but I do. My favorite part would have to be a tie between the windcatcher (literally, airtime, terrifying time hanging on your side at a good angle 100 feet above the ground feeling like you're falling out if the restraint isn't there, airtime drop into a good trench) and the barrel roll (am I the only one that feels the strange force transfer/hangtime that feels like it'll smash you into the rapids below if your already loose restraint fails?). I would also like to mention that there is plenty of airtime on the hill after launch three and the canyon bit is sweet, and you can get wet if you sit in the front! Not to mention that the surroundings near the Nairobi walkway which parallels Cheetah Hunt feels exactly like Africa and it really felt like you were riding a NoLimits fantasy coaster.

1396030_725680444127652_998883757_n.jpg

After two rides on Cheetah Hunt (one in the middle, one in the front) we went to ride Montu, which was also MY 75TH CREDIT!!!!! Easily my new favorite B&M invert! It's like my old favorite (Afterburn at Carowinds) but on a much larger scale and with better theming. The whole Egypt area is great but it feels tiny. I feel like a well-themed S&S Screamin' Swing would work well there or if they can fit it, a Polar X-Plorer styled Zierer with the VD element in a pyramid (I saw NO pyramids the whole time I was in the area, they should really add them!) but it's a great area of the park. And then we backtracked and rode Cheetah Hunt again, this time in the back. Because we could.

999720_725680277461002_263228607_n.jpg

We then went on to experience the roller coaster enthusiast coming-of-75th credit ritual known as Gwazi. OH, Gwazi. Gwazi, Gwazi, Gwazi. Gwazi. My favorite wooden coaster is Thunderhead, it's a GCI, I love GCI, but they REALLY had to get it together after this one it seems! I'm an Ohioan, I got more than my fair share of Son of Beast, but this was worse! And the thing I don't understand is WHY??? Son of Beast was a giant coaster that ran heavy trains, it's almost a given that it'll tear up the track. But Gwazi was so tiny! It might be from intense forces (I didn't notice the intensity, I couldn't even see straight) but it didn't come across as overly intense or do anything crazy I could see to chew up the track that much. And the trains were so comfy in the station! Anything that can make those nice, padded trains that painful should be torn down. Not to mention that the whole Gwazi area was like the current Gemini midway at Cedar Point in that there were a bunch of colorful smaller rides and games made to compliment a large, wooden-supported ride that nobody cared for as much as the larger coasters at the park. I saw ONE kid on Gwazi Gliders the entire day and everybody just walked past the game booths. I hope that when they winch down Gwazi that they bulldoze this area too and use it for whatever else they have in store.

1380386_725680294127667_575864626_n.jpg

Next came SheiKra. My dad skipped out on it because he didn't like Griffon, its sister coaster, so I rode alone. While Griffon does have a better layout, I liked SheiKra better. SheiKra feels like a true Busch Gardens coaster with plenty of pretty theming and a strong feeling of the experience it was meant to convey. Griffon, on the other hand, feels like "Cedar Fair called, they want their B&M back." Both great coasters, like SheiKra better.

625568_725680337460996_494805966_n.jpg

Next came Kumba! My first B&M sitdown and while it was a great ride, it felt like one of those infamous "tropical B&Ms" that plauge the RCT3 forums. Layout was just okay, pretty much nothing overwhelmingly unique, minimal tropical theming, the like. Glad I rode it, though.

Sand Serpent was next. I liked Ricochet at Carowinds better but this one was fun too. The illusion on Sand Serpent I didn't feel was as strong and I want to say Ricochet had two dips in a spot where Sand Serpent has one. Great family coaster, though. Perfect for those who were like me that would ride anything as long as it didn't have an inversion up until I was eight that wouldn't ride Cheetah Hunt for that reason alone.

We WANTED to ride Scorpion, but it went down. We then ate at Zagora Cafe for lunch. The park food was just meh, but it's a nice pavilion.

And then we rode the train. Such a great train ride! I have a POV from it but I loved it! The Serengeti Plain feels remarkably like Africa and going around and seeing the coasters on the return trip was awesome.

1392462_725680317460998_29074641_n.jpg

We then rode Scorpion. Such an awesome coaster for something that small and that old! Going through the loop with that insanely loose lap bar and the helix at the end is INTENSE!!! We also got to see an octagonal footer poured for Falcon's Fury! Cool to see the ride moving along even though it's something I'd never ride.

1424531_725680357460994_1421175705_n.jpg

My dad's last ride at the park with me was another ride on Cheetah Hunt. Yet again, it's my favorite coaster. Can't wait to hopefully get back on it already.

I had so much ERT for that day! I rerode Montu after my dad left and literally got on in the front, and ran back around the queue and got on in the back. It only makes me even more excited for Banshee!

I then rode Cheetah Hunt AGAIN!!! Love that coaster!

Then I rode SheiKra again and Kumba again. SheiKra's view at sunset is beautiful! I could see Tampa Bay, the skyline of downtown Tampa, and the entire park as the sun began to set. Kumba was just as good up front as it was when I rode it earlier. I feel like Kumba's your typical "vanilla" coaster. It's the absolute plain in terms of them.

Finally, I got in my last ride on Cheetah Hunt. Because the ride ops at BGT are pretty inefficient, I told one I was a single rider and BAM!!!! Empty seat up front! At sunset! I really loved this final ride, perfect way to close out the season! And the lady sitting next to me was terrified and it was hilarious!

That night we walked to a Red Lobster a few doors down from our hotel. Nowhere near as good as Skipper's but the staff was nice. However, that specific Red Lobster appears to have issues with funny business going on there, because behind the podium there's a sign that says that doing certain illegal things would get you kicked out, and there was a cop car in the parking lot from the time we got there to the time we left. Not sure what that's about but I'm glad they're taking care of it. It's standard Red Lobster food but that's not a bad thing! Great meal!

1425618_725680460794317_1553900520_n.jpg

Didn't like seeing this out the window the next day, but we didn't plan to go back anyway since we had a flight to catch.

969359_725680527460977_1318070965_n.jpg

Goodbye, Busch Gardens! We decided to go to the International Mall that day and look around.

1382431_725680590794304_368998739_n.jpg

Well, we didn't COMPLETELY ditch Busch Gardens. Those foam play areas at the mall for kids? They have one there!

994594_725680574127639_1880476590_n.jpg

An awful picture of me standing next to the little Cheetah Hunt! I want this in my room!

1454688_725680594127637_87652637_n.jpg

And a creepy topiary with little Cheetah Hunt!

1424578_725757007453329_442493891_n.jpg

What a great season! 2013 was easily my best season, and it really went out with a bang! Four coasters added to my top 10 (GateKeeper, TTD, Cheetah Hunt, and Montu) and a whopping 19 new credits! My first times visiting parks with other enthusiasts, introducing one of my best friends to her first major roller coaster, skipping a 3-hour GateKeeper line from that Plinko pass, Millennium Force at night, Cheetah Hunt beating Millennium as my favorite coaster, and finally getting my driver's license! And to top it all off, it was announced that my home park is getting an epic new B&M for the 2014 season, AND I might be able to drive to Chicago to ride Goliath at SFGAm and the last of the US wing coasters I haven't ridden next season! 2014 can't come any sooner!

I think one of the most interesting things about this hobby is how everyone has a few coasters that they absolutely love that most other people completely overlook when ranking their favorite coasters. The thing that makes this story really interesting is that most people go into a ride with average expectations and are blown away by it which is how this ends up happening. In this case Cheetah Hunt (of all coasters) was #1 on your radar and managed to exceed your expectations. I think that's really cool since it's really not a typical "destination coaster", it seemed like you were setting yourself up for a letdown and I'm so glad that's not what happened.

I think one of the most interesting things about this hobby is how everyone has a few coasters that they absolutely love that most other people completely overlook when ranking their favorite coasters. The thing that makes this story really interesting is that most people go into a ride with average expectations and are blown away by it which is how this ends up happening. In this case Cheetah Hunt (of all coasters) was #1 on your radar and managed to exceed your expectations. I think that's really cool since it's really not a typical "destination coaster", it seemed like you were setting yourself up for a letdown and I'm so glad that's not what happened.

I was actually a bit worried about being let down, but I didn't let it call the trip off. I know my taste in coasters is a bit different than that of most enthusiasts (certain rides like GateKeeper and Intimidator and now Cheetah Hunt being on my top 10 really illustrate this well) but I know what I like and don't like really well. It's also one of those coasters where the POV doesn't do it justice since the surroundings are all around you and a narrow YouTube screen doesn't convey how immersive it is, and the scenery looks better than it does in most 2011 POVs because that was while they were still growing foliage in. As my dad said, "Cheetah Hunt proves that a coaster doesn't need to be big or fast to be really fun," and I think that's what BGT and Intamin were going for. I wonder how many people would argue that it's better than Millennium like I think. It'd be interesting to rank coasters in numerous categories (speed, intensity, inversions, location, ect.) and try to gauge what an enthusiast likes/doesn't like based on the coasters in their top 10.

Cheetah Hunt is worthy of all praise it receives. It really is one of the best overall coasters in the world. Great length, unique forces, fantastic setting and three launches.

YES, someone who agrees! I definitely find it to be one of the world's most underrated coasters.

Great report! I'm hoping to visit BGA this December/January so I can experience Cheetah Hunt for myself. Last time I visited, it was about a month before Cheetah Hunt opened, but it looked great!

You definitely should! It's my new favorite park!

Montu! About to be Banshee's little brother!

We BOOKED IT to Cheetah Hunt! We had a bit of a delay needing a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for the bag (I heard they had cubbies like Cedar Fair does but they didn't) but were still on one of the first five trains of the day

After two rides on Cheetah Hunt (one in the middle, one in the front) we went to ride Montu, which was also MY 75TH CREDIT!!!!! Easily my new favorite B&M invert! It's like my old favorite (Afterburn at Carowinds) but on a much larger scale and with better theming. The whole Egypt area is great but it feels tiny. I feel like a well-themed S&S Screamin' Swing would work well there or if they can fit it, a Polar X-Plorer styled Zierer with the VD element in a pyramid (I saw NO pyramids the whole time I was in the area, they should really add them!) but it's a great area of the park. And then we backtracked and rode Cheetah Hunt again, this time in the back. Because we could.

Griffon, on the other hand, feels like "Cedar Fair called, they want their B&M back."

Next came Kumba! My first B&M sitdown and while it was a great ride, it felt like one of those infamous "tropical B&Ms" that plauge the RCT3 forums. Layout was just okay, pretty much nothing overwhelmingly unique, minimal tropical theming, the like. Glad I rode it, though.

We WANTED to ride Scorpion, but it went down. We then ate at Zagora Cafe for lunch. The park food was just meh, but it's a nice pavilion.

. Kumba was just as good up front as it was when I rode it earlier. I feel like Kumba's your typical "vanilla" coaster. It's the absolute plain in terms of them.

I understand everyone has their opinions, and expectations of parks, but I disagree with a few of your statements.

Banshee is Montu's little sister. (Not about size, but about age.)

While they do insist that you use a locker, they do have cubbie bins for hats and glasses.

Montu was originally planned to be an indoor coaster built inside a pyramid before B&M was contracted for the final design.

Actually, Busch Gardens called and want's their B&M back.

Please refrain from dissing Kumba, that is all I am going to say.

You should have got the All Day Dining Deal. NEVER EAT AT ZAGORA!! The food throughout the park is amazing! You should have tried this:

1185298_10200640208189785_1780669221_n.jpg

Alfredo with meatballs, mac n cheese, and fruit punch! Had this twice in one day!

"He dissed Kumba again."

Kumba is far from vanilla! It is certainly lightyears away from, ugh, can't say it. "Plain". ** clutches chest **

Diving through the Congo jungle is not enough theme on Kumba?

1000565_10200644600059579_964809572_n.jpg

Kumba is a perfect example of what YOU ACTUALLY DO when you design, build, and maintain a roller coaster. Other parks need to take notes from Kumba. 20 years old, and still rides like it did in 1993. Like a dream!

Okay, I am done...

** Walks away mumbling to self **

I know my taste in coasters is a bit different than that of most enthusiasts (certain rides like GateKeeper and Intimidator and now Cheetah Hunt being on my top 10 really illustrate this well

I know this is off topic but I'll come out of the Gatekeeper closet right now... I had low expectations for that ride and it's now in my top 10. I've been on over 200 coasters which isn't a lot compared to a lot of people, but it's enough where gatekeeper wouldn't normally be in your top 10. I thought it was really cool and have no idea why wingriders get such a bad reputation.

^^Totally agree about Kumba. Still one of the best B&M coasters out there.

^^^^I also agree on Cheetah Hunt. I think its a fun ride and there is something about it. Really though all the coasters at BGT are fun. Can't wait to go back and ride Falcon's Fury.

I thought it was a nice report. Also, I don't think Busch Gardens is what drives business to that part of the Tampa area. Don't forget it's a college town. I agree the area needs to be taken more care of, but that entire area of city is pretty ghetto. University Mall, that is all.