TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

My favorite flat ride's gone mad! I'm more worried about the abrupt ending and type of restraint system our chests might be crushed against due to forces. Other than that, if I'm seated comfortably, I'd semi-marathon it! Can't wait!

^^ I watched a full announcement of Falcon's fury in which the park says it is the tallest free standing drop tower.

I think the logo is as brilliant as the concept. I'm going to love it with my fear of heights (I won't let it scare me away.)

Looks cool... But too bad it is Intamin...

I expect endless downtime. I mean, look at Acrophobia.

Busch Gardens doesn't seem to have a problem keeping Cheetah Hunt running. Kings Dominion doesn't seem to have a problem keeping Drop Tower running. PortAventura doesn't seem to have a problem keeping Hurkan Condor running. Sea Paradise doesn't seem to have a problem keeping Blue Fall running. Movie Park Germany doesn't seem to have a problem keeping Stunt Fall running.

Do you need me to keep going? Or have I made my point?

Thanks.

--Robb "Really HATE people who complain when they don't even know what the hell they are talking about." Alvey

I should have clarified... I am not talking about ALL Intamin rides, just specialized drop towers such as Acrophobia. Nothing wrong with me having an opinion, if you agree or not is your call. I love Intamin rides, I just am a bit pessimistic with their reliability when it comes to some of their prototypes.

Looks fun, though... Should be a perfect addition for the park.

Edited by Invertalon

Nothing wrong with me having an opinion

An opinion would be: "I don't like Intamin drop towers."

What you posted wasn't an opinion. You implied the this ride is going to have problems because it's made by Intamin. While, yes, some Intamin's do seem to have their fair share of trouble, there are actually more of them that don't have any problems at all. And have you ever thought to consider it might not always be Intamin's fault?

End of the day, you didn't post an opinion. You were trying to imply a factual statement about the ride, and you're wrong. End of story.

--Robb

EDIT:

And so it begins!

I know, right!

Seriously, though, I'm impressed that it took nearly 10 pages for the first dumb Intamin comment.

EDIT EDIT:

It's an "opinion" that I thought the Intamin comment was dumb.

Edited by robbalvey

Also, are all of the seats going to tilt 90 degrees or are some of them going to stay upright?

Appears to be ALL of the seats!

I think for a ride that only holds 24 people (assuming) to begin with, it could possibly be a logistics nightmare for a park the size of BGT to be able to choose what type of seat you want.

One only needs to visit PortAventura to know what I'm talking about.

(Love Hurkan Condor - hate the way the queue works.)

One only needs to visit PortAventura to know what I'm talking about.

(Love Hurkan Condor - hate the way the queue works.)

I know It's not the thread for it, but what's so special about it? (I never been there so I honestly don't now)

^ I don't think it will flip back during the fall. My guess is they intend to let you face until you're almost completely down (So when the train is completely slowed down.)