TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^ They ended up deciding to retire the ride altogether now.

I think it is clear that there will be some kind of ankle restraint for a 90 degree tilt. This is definitely going to have some elements of an over the shoulder restraint, but we will have to see. I just hope that this is better than Drop of Doom because I was really disappointed. Even after some of the 2nd gen Intamin towers, the ARM Larson towers are still the best, IMO.

"What goes up must come down."

I was really hoping they were talking about Gwazi.

The tower looks great though!

Haha

Agreed though this tower looks absolutely insane!

Is it just me or does this ride just remind you of Sheikra on how a bird dives? All it is is just taller than Sheikra, different bird, and not a coaster. It still "dives" down. I don't know...just my thinking...

Except Sheikra pulls up and keeps moving on track, this just makes you feel like you are actually going to hit the ground face first.

I wonder if the cars will have the ability to not tilt some of the cars? Don't some Intamin towers have tilting and non tilting seats on the same ride? I love the idea of the face first 90 degree plunge but that might just be too much for some people and a non-tilting seat might be a decent option.

I wonder if the cars will have the ability to not tilt some of the cars? Don't some Intamin towers have tilting and non tilting seats on the same ride? I love the idea of the face first 90 degree plunge but that might just be too much for some people and a non-tilting seat might be a decent option.

That would be pretty cool. I wonder what the capacity is on this, and if they could have one of the sections of seats not rotate.

UGH this is looks absolutely terrifying! I can't THINK of the last time a thrill ride/roller coaster has made me think/say that out loud. WOW! I need to get back to Florida and try this. Holy crap. Looks like the best drop ride.

I'm quite impressed with this ride. It was only a matter of time before someone did a face down freefall and no one can do it better than Intamin.

Though a totally different ride if anyone remembers Vertigo at CP, the S&S Thrill Shot, there was a program where you got launched up and at the top the seat tilted over 90 degrees and you were facing down as you plummeted to the ground. A very thrilling sensation that is only going to be magnified on Falcon's Fury.

That would be pretty cool. I wonder what the capacity is on this, and if they could have one of the sections of seats not rotate.

I don't think they can get over 480 an hour. Luckily, this is one of those rides that I think A LOT of guests won't ride due to it's sheer terrifying nature! Hoping for Quick Queue on it for sure!

I don't think they can get over 480 an hour. Luckily, this is one of those rides that I think A LOT of guests won't ride due to it's sheer terrifying nature! Hoping for Quick Queue on it for sure!

I think the first couple years on this bad boy sustain it for pretty long lines. Or until this rumored Gwazi replacement will bring.

Regardless, I'm glad Busch is pushing themselves a little more on a cutting edge ride. They've got some serious movement going on an hour east of them with everything Universal and Disney are doing in the next couple years. I hope they keep the momentum up.

I had a idea about a Drop Tower tilting 90 degrees before dropping, glad to see it has become a reality. This looks like this could become one of the best Drop Towers in the world.

I just want to say as a very rightfully so jaded enthusiast, I'm actually REALLY excited about Falcon's Fury.

We've been majorly lacking some quality Intamin in this state and I'm so happy to see Busch pushing the envelope with this ride.

There are few rides out there that still scare me (I'm riding one of them next week) and now this one for next year! Wow!

This is reason enough to finally get me down to Tampa. (As if I really needed any besides more coaster credits!) Now, I want a drop tower where you face up towards the sky the entire fall... or are upside down the entire fall. Hmmm. I'm sure they are in the pipeline now!

We've been majorly lacking some quality Intamin in this state and I'm so happy to see Busch pushing the envelope with this ride.

This!!!

I also want to add that this is probably the next best thing to another Intamin coaster that Busch could have come up with.

Holy Crap that looks awesome, Intamin rocks!!!!! I can't wait to ride this!!! Sooo glad BGT chose Intamin over

any other company. It's great to see Intamin Pushing the limits once again with world class rides. Great Logo too. IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!