TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

According to Howl-o-Scream's FB Page:

The Icon! (Can you find the key?)

417222_10150954603141302_826081379_n.jpg

384712_10150954809856302_1277301122_n.jpg

Fiends Show moves to Desert Grill...

THIS JUST IN: We all knew that the famous (infamous?) Fiends show was returning for HOS XIII, but wrap your Freakenstein around this... for 2012, it will be MOVING TO THE DESERT GRILL!

The new icon has been revealed today as it is the 13th!

The Trickster is the new icon for HOS this year!

HOS FB Page:

They can’t resist The Golden Key.

That taunts and calls and beckons thee.

I hang it there so they will use it…

To come in and play with me.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Trickster.

484065_10150964512856302_344368494_n.jpg

283916_10150964514591302_1417061891_n.jpg

Just checked out the website and the event looks pretty standard, I'm kind of disappointed they moved Fiends and didn't bring back the show that was in the Desert Grill last year, I thought that show was pretty decent. Anyways should be a great event as usual. Looking as pricing the VIP mega tour that includes admission, preferred parking, as well as front of the line access to all houses and coasters for $110 is the way to go, can't beat that!

Hi, I am new to this board. I live next to Kings Island and just visited Cedar Point. Next spring I will be going to Six Flags Great Adventure. I am only interested in roller coasters. I am going to be in Tallahassee for 30 hours. Is it worth the 4 hour drive to Tampa to go to this park? I would leave at 5am and have to be back by 11. Is there any better options for roller coaster parks. Orlando is same distance so I am debating about going there. If you think I should go to BGT any advice about the crowd for early sept.? Thanks for your help.

PS I would check out flats and animal things but primary purpose is big roller coasters. I know from the reviews BGT flats are not good.

Thanks. I was hoping since schools are going back into session I should get plenty of rides. I went there 12 years ago and walked on every ride but can't remember what time of year it was. I just know I was in college and was skipping class to go.

If it's a weekday, then 9am-7pm (based on your estimated time) is "almost" too much time. I mean that based on how tired you will be. You could get away with leaving at 7 or 8 and do a 11/12-7 day. Even a weekend day in September would be slow, but we don't know if there will be millions of Brazilian tours that day. As for comparing coasters to Orlando, there is none. Flats are not great, but the animal enclosures are a nice break for a large park. If you're up for the drive, I'd say do it!

I would go Sept 7. The park is only open 10-6. I was thinking Friday might be slightly larger crowd. After being at Cedar Point last week and making a few rookie mistakes I want to do this park correctly. I want to be there at opening and hit the most popular rides. What coaster have the longest or slowest lines? Any good strategy for the day? I like to maximize roller coaster ride but would like to see other stuff. Thanks for helping me out. ANy good discounts on tickets besides buying from their website?

Start with Cheetah Hunt!! Then Gwazi (both sides.) Those seem to be the rides with the long LONG loading times. Then work your way around the park and end with about 100 rides on Kumba and you will be good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

So I have 2 updates, all coming from my roommate who works on skyride. First, he said that the Drop Tower may have been put on hold...permanently. So we may not see it in awhile, if ever. Second, he learned that all of the employees from Rhino Ralley have been fired or moved. I have not been in the park to confirm its closure, but it looks like it may be removed eventually. I guess we'll see.

Hey, this is for you guys who live in Tampa. I was thinking about going to Busch towards the end of September 13-15th or the next week 20th -22th . Does it get crowded in September? I figure I will have enough time to do everything regardless but I'm just wondering.

^ I am.

I will be attending Hall-o-scream on the 29th of this month and my group is looking at doing the private VIP tour. Has anyone done it before? Would like to know if its worth it.

We did it last year. Totally worth it. We got to get on all the rides we wanted, do all the houses as many times as we wanted to, met with the guy in charge of the event, stopped at zombie safe zones for the included beer/soft drinks, got dinner with midnight hour and reserved seating at Fiends. Ended up getting some back to back rides on Cheetah Hunt at the end of the night with our tour guide. We probably wont do it this year, but maybe next year. It was a lot of fun.