TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has launched the teaser page for this year's Howl-O-Scream. It appears the theme will be "The Dark Side of the Gardens: Zombies Live Here." This is the same general theme that has been teased for Busch Gardens Williamsburg's sister event.

http://seaworldparks.com/howloscream_com_2011

The dark side of the gardens is still this night but something waits in the shadows, just out of sight.

Select dates Sept. 23 - Oct. 29

It is interesting to note that the event won't run to Halloween this year as it normally does, instead ending on the 29th of October.

780276424_Screenshot2011-07-15at7_07_53PM.jpg.aac22ad153f417fec81704fdd07b75ec.jpg

Can't wait for the details, I love Halloscreams. Even though Horror Night is probably a better and more complete event I always end having a better time at Halloscreams. Night rides on Kumba plus decent houses and atmosphere makes for an awesome event.

"Can't Wait!!"

-Bart Scott

TRIP REPORT 7/20/11

Today, my two friends and I headed out to Busch Gardens Tampa today. We got there around 8:45 and the park opened at 9:00. Instead of having people waiting in front of the kiosks, they decided to let you in and wait at a rope just before you get to the Crown Colony Theater. Once the ropes dropped, everyone sprinted to Cheetah Hunt. We tried to get around the Brazilian groups (there were a ton of them today!!!) but we only passed the blue group (probably 100 ppl) and got in the middle of the yellow group (probably another 100 ppl) We waited probably 10 minutes to get on. We rode the same train, front and second row. I still think Cheetah Hunt is an amazing ride even though people complain about the speed and it's boring. IT'S NOT BORING! After Cheetah Hunt, we went to Montu and it was a walk-on and we did the back row! After that, we went to Gwazi. I rode both the Lion and Tiger with the new trains. Tiger was closed today. I had a really rough ride on Lion today for some reason. I was in the third row! Then my friends forced me on Air Grover. That was intense in the back row on the drop I have to say. Sesame Street is a great addition to the park. Then we went to Walkabout Way to see the Kangaroos. After that, a HUGE BRAZILIAN GROUP went on Sheikra (had to be like 250 ppl). We waited until they left because they made the line 30 minutes longer. We rode Stanley Falls. We went back to Sheikra and they just started to board their last 100 ppl!!! The line went from 45 minutes with the group to 15 w/out them. We waited 15 minutes. Such a great ride in the front. It was only 10:30 when we got out of Sheikra. After Sheikra, we headed to Jungala. The pathway from the exit of the Skyride in the Congo/Stanleyville/Jungala area to right before the entrance to Timbuktu from the Congo was closed. Any thoughts?? We did the stuff in Jungala and then went to eat at the Desert Grill. Then we did Scorpion, Sandstorm, Serpent Chase...I mean...Sand Cheetah...whatever the heck it's called two times. We then did the CArousel!!! We rode the Bumper Cars, Tidal Wave, the Skyride, and I finally saw Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy. THe juggler dropped the bouncy balls three times!!! It was a great show other than that. We ended up doing every roller coaster in the park and rode a total of 18 rides!!! Counting the Skyride two times and Sand Cheetah two times. The park was very clean. Cheetah Hunt managed to keep the wait down compared to the other times I've been there. The wait was about 60 to 70 most of the day. The staff was friendly and had a PERFECT day at Busch Gardens. Keep up the work BGT.

Going to bgt the last week of october and was wondering to those that have been there at that time of the year I was wondering if I should bother springing for the quick que. Don't want to spend the extra money for it if I don't have to.

^I would recommend just waiting until you get there and seeing how the crowds are and if there are a lot of groups. It's not like there are tons of coasters and you won't have time to get them all if you don't get quick queue first thing in the morning. And you can buy it at most of the gift shops throughout the park so it's pretty convenient if you decide you need one. I've been to BGT tons of times and only used quick queue once, which was in January when there were lots of tour groups at the park.

I didn't see much posted about Howl-O-Scream posted on here but this year's event will have 3 new houses, one Edgar Allan Poe inspired one, one vampires in Vegas themed one, and one zombie themed one. They are getting 3 returning houses too, one is Nightshade Toy Factory, one is Deconstruction and the third is yet to be announced! I will be posting on here periodically about the event.

We are very close to announcing Busch Gardens Bash at Busch Gardens Tampa in October! This would be a full day event starting with morning Cheetah Hunt ERT and going until Howl-O-Scream at night! Stay tuned...

We are very close to announcing Busch Gardens Bash at Busch Gardens Tampa in October! This would be a full day event starting with morning Cheetah Hunt ERT and going until Howl-O-Scream at night! Stay tuned...

Sweet! I'm in!

For HOS 2011,

I personally think the Vegas Vampire house will replace Taste of Blood. The Edgar Allen Poe house will replace Trapped in the Walls. The Zombie house will replace the myX house. They said that they will not be bringing myX so they have to get rid of the house. Everything else returns...Deconstruction...Nightshade...DED...Alone...Death Row...(I think I got them all )

This is my first time posting... I found your website a few days ago and I love it! I'm so excited to hear you'll be doing a BGT/ Howl-o-scream bash in October. My husband and I will be down there sometime that month so hopefully its the same week! We've been to howl-o-scream the past two years and it was great.

Sweet! Might have to come down from UF if that's the case (assuming it's not on a weekday when I have class); I've never done a TPR event before, but everyone seems to have great things to say about them.

Lets hope its not Trapped in the Walls...

Yeah, one year i thought that house was actually really good and the next year I thought it was really lame. I think they reversed the direction you go through the house from one year to the next at some point too. Felt the same way about the Death Row Inmate house too, one year it was awesome the next year it was kinda lame.

The Edgar Allen Poe House sounds interesting, although I doubt the general public will know enough about of his work to truly appreciate whatever they do with it (myself included).

Wonder if the Vampires in Vegas house has anything to do HHN having some type of lady luck/gambling theme or if that is just a coincidence. Sounds cool either way though.

I have a feeling that the commercial for this year's Howl O Scream will be very similar to HHN XX from last year. Since they showed a zombie mouth on a preview of the commercial, they showed Fear's mouth last year in the commercial.

My prediciton...

A nught gaurd is walking through the gardens at night with a flashlight and hears noises then he drops the flashlight and screams and then they show the zombie's mouth.

I have a feeling that the commercial for this year's Howl O Scream will be very similar to HHN XX from last year. Since they showed a zombie mouth on a preview of the commercial, they showed Fear's mouth last year in the commercial.

My prediciton...

A nught gaurd is walking through the gardens at night with a flashlight and hears noises then he drops the flashlight and screams and then they show the zombie's mouth.

I'm going to have to disagree. WAY to simular, in the last few years the Haunt commercials run CONSTANTLY in the months leading up. A park wants to seem different, I could see if this concept was repeated a few years later, but not the year after where most people are going to remember it and possibly associate it with Universal not BGT.

If they do anything simular I will be very surprised.

I am TOTALLY in for this... for the daytime part. I don't normally do Halloween events (I can't stomach the gore), but I'd try to make an exception for TPR. Regardless, I am SO excited about finally attending my first TPR event! w00t!!

I heard the "Alone" house will be back but have a totally different ending this time.