TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

How many trains does CR run at the same time? It says it can run 5, but I take they only run 4 at the time because of the dual station.

It was running five trains this past Thursday. We left from the back position in the station, but returned to the front.

How many trains does CR run at the same time? It says it can run 5, but I take they only run 4 at the time because of the dual station.

It was running five trains this past Thursday. We left from the back position in the station, but returned to the front.

Thanks for clearing that up!

I always thought dual stations needed an even number of trains to operate properly...

I always thought dual stations needed an even number of trains to operate properly...

California Screamin' also runs 5 trains with dual stations. Odd trains means you come back at the opposite station you left on. Unless the ride has an unload of course.

Both Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra were running 4 trains yesterday.

A rogue power outage struck the park a little before 11AM and took Cheetah Hunt down for the rest of the day (or at least 5pm when I left). I was lucky enough to get my ride early, but anyone that got in line after park opening was probably out of luck. Sudden power outages seem to be difficult to recover from for roller coasters as they had to evacuate people from the midcourse breaks on Sheikra, and Montu was down for a while before they could get it working again. The power itself was only out for 20 minutes for 4/5 the park (Gwazi appeared to be running the entire time).

^A power outage is just about the worst thing that can happen to a coaster's computer system during operation. It's an automatic e-stop for the ride, and then when you switch it back on, it's going to be flipping out trying to catch back up. Especially with a ride like Cheetah Hunt that has so many proxy censors and moving parts, I imagine the computer room just about blew up.

What does it mean in the PARK INDEX that Cheetah Hunt is closed? It says that it is no longer in operation. This can't be true. What does that mean?

CONGRATUATIONS!!! YOU WIN THE "I ONLY POST REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS TO TPR AWARD!!!"

Please claim your prize at the closed Cheetah Hunt.

THANK YOU!

I went on Friday and can I say Robb you are completely correct! Cheetah Hunt is worth it!!!! (Not that I wouldn't ride it even though it's only 45 min from my house) I rode in the front with a friend; LOVED IT!!! For me, it's up there with Kumba.

Now, if you'll excuse me I get to go get my wisdom teeth pulled. (yep all four of them)

I went on Friday and can I say Robb you are completely correct! Cheetah Hunt is worth it!!!! (Not that I wouldn't ride it even though it's only 45 min from my house) I rode in the front with a friend; LOVED IT!!! For me, it's up there with Kumba.

Now, if you'll excuse me I get to go get my wisdom teeth pulled. (yep all four of them)

I haven't ridden it yet, but comparing it to Kumba isn't a compliment in my book. I can't wait to get to "the Busch."

I really do think that there will b a water ride next for Busch Gardens

Hopefully it's a good thrilling one. They've been making a lot of childish additions like Jungala, Sesame Street, Cheetah Hunt...48 inch kids can ride so hopefully...if they make a water ride...it will be good and 48 inches so it can b thrilling! Tidal Wave should be like a 36 in not 48 haha

They've been making a lot of childish additions like Jungala, Sesame Street, Cheetah Hunt...48 inch kids can ride so hopefully.

I. Must. Bitchslap this member in which I disagree with. Just because kids can ride does not make it a childish ride. You can't compare Air Grover (Sesame Street) with Cheetah Hunt. That's too far of a stretch.

^ I didn't mean it like that. I just thought that it would be a 52 inch or 54 inch ride. Sorry! Cheetah Hunt was amazing but it could've been better if it was faster, do you not agree? They probably did that so more KIDS can ride. That's all I meant. Not like Cheetah Hunt is a baby ride. Are you crazy?

^ I didn't mean it like that. I just thought that it would be a 52 inch or 54 inch ride. Sorry! Cheetah Hunt was amazing but it could've been better if it was faster, do you not agree? They probably did that so more KIDS can ride. That's all I meant. Not like Cheetah Hunt is a baby ride. Are you crazy?

How is that a bad thing again? A family coaster that kids can ride with adults that looks fun and has a few inversions? The ride looks perfectly fine the way it is.

I didn't say Cheetah Hunt was a bad ride! OMFG! You know what I meant!!! God! Sorry for pointing out a opinion. Good lord. People are harsh.

People are just giving you a hard time, but your heated reaction gives further ammunition for people to play with you. People have a certain sense of humor at TPR and while we welcome you here, we do warn that if that kind of humor isn't your cup of tea, this might not be the place for you.

That being said, let's continue to keep things friendly and level. Opinions are fine, but arguments over whether this coaster is a family ride or a thrill ride don't need to get heated. Remember, we're talking about theme parks here! These things are supposed to be fun!