TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

This ride looks great! I wish I was home in Florida this upcoming weekend, but I'm up here in North Carolina so I'll ride at Carowinds this weekend.

I think I'll really like it from the POV. I too await Rob's version! I'll like the somewhat slower speed of the ride, with the Intamin "signature" quick direction changes (al la Maverick, Timi 305) of their latest rides. Those transitions hurt when you have your arms up to enjoy. I'm looking forward to this one, and a trip to Tampa.

I really really love everything about this coaster. Busch and Intamin did an amazing job with this one. The layout throughout the park just looks incredible. I also love how this coaster speeds up and slows down throughout the duration of the ride - it seems to give the whole ride a great dynamic. It's so nice to look at, and seemingly will be just as cool to ride. Can't wait for more TPR reviews!!

This ride looks great! I wish I was home in Florida this upcoming weekend, but I'm up here in North Carolina so I'll ride at Carowinds this weekend.

I think I'll really like it from the POV. I too await Rob's version! I'll like the somewhat slower speed of the ride, with the Intamin "signature" quick direction changes (al la Maverick, Timi 305) of their latest rides. Those transitions hurt when you have your arms up to enjoy. I'm looking forward to this one, and a trip to Tampa.

I still consider you lucky. I live all the way up in New York and I really want to ride Cheetah Hunt. I don't know when I will be going to Florida. But I really want to ride it.

Now that we all await the opening of Cheetah Hunt, a large group of us in chat today had a discussion about what Busch should do next with the park.

Our group came up with two things:

The addition of some new thrilling flats to satisfy crowds on busier days.

And, the more interesting thing we came up with was Scorpion.

Now, according to several people, Scorpion has only been running one train for quite a while now? It seems as if Busch, for next year, or sometime in the future, could do something to Scorpion.

We got the idea of doing a "reboot" for the ride. Zerier, who will be doing Verbolten for BGW, also built the replacement trains for Test Tack (Dorney's Laser) when it returned to the traveling fair circut.

It seems as if Scorpion is in need of new trains, possibly higher themed ones. BGT could perform a large rehab on Scorpion, maybe add some new theming of some kind, and re-market the attraction for the entire year.

A quick marketing scheme, but one that would also increase the overall capacity of a coaster, and keep a classic ride in the park. It seems as if this could occur, as evidenced by the fact that Gwazi recieved new trains this year as well.

All this is "Blue Sky", but It could indeed occur.

Just food for thought

No please, continue praising Cheetah Hunt, I'll be riding it in exactly two weeks from tomorrow!

^^^The second train was on the transfer track this past Sunday... The ride doesn't need additional capacity. It isn't often warranted that the second train is used because there are never enough people to fill it. With the load/unload/dispatch time of the attraction, there is no real reason to run both trains except on the busiest of days.

I'm going on my birthday next Friday to ride it! I can't wait! Does anybody know the best seats and can you touch the water in the Rhino Rally portion? It looks really close to the water. Any ride reviews?

I'm gathering that you missed my last reply to one of your questions about the ride, but yes, there is a full ride review, and I wrote it. You can read it back on page 267. Also, to answer the other part of your question, the right side of the train can occasionally get a little wet from the waterfall.

The roll seems out if place to me. The coaster seems to jump in and out of trenches and canyons and the roll doesn't flow with the vibe of the coaster. I think not having the roll and using lapbars would have been a better idea for this style of coaster, but what do I know?

The theming looks really good. Very detailed, and lots of interaction!

MF is to i305 as CH is to Maverick/iSpeed

I was just thinking this as well! There is nothing at all wrong with it, as some coaster enthusiasts do not like the intensity of Maverick and/or iSpeed so they will probably enjoy Cheetah Hunt more. Intensity is my favorite element in a coaster (hints why 305 is my #1), so I can pretty much guarantee Maverick will be higher up on my list than Cheetah Hunt once I get around the riding it. On the other hand though, this coaster looks fantastic (especially because it is an Intamin), I'm just jealous it is down at BGT and not up here at BGW, but we have Verbolten coming!

That POV made me even more excited. It looks like a really fun coaster. And that's the important thing... that it's FUN. I can NOT wait until Friday. I have cheetah mania and my poor coworkers have been dealing with listening to me go on and on about it all week.

It's kind of funny now that I look at the design...

It almost seems as if Intamin built the first half of the ride, planning on two launches, then realized they needed more speed, so they put in a third launch to get the ride through the rest of the course with decent speed. Being an avid Roller Coater Tycoon player, it almost seems as if Intamin pulled a real life "RCT" move with this coaster.

I'm not saying that it's true, it's just when I look at the design, it almost looks like that's what happened. Notice how the first two launches are close together, while the third one is sort of in the back...

Just a little quirky observation...

That POV made me even more excited. It looks like a really fun coaster. And that's the important thing... that it's FUN. I can NOT wait until Friday. I have cheetah mania and my poor coworkers have been dealing with listening to me go on and on about it all week.

Same here... my co-workers have been dealing with me drool over this coaster ever since ground was broken on the project... Quite frankly, they are tired of it... and now that the time is near to ride it, I can barely contain my excitement... I have to work Friday night... but will be there BRIGHT and EARLY on Friday morning to get a ride in (hopefully a couple of times, depending on the Memorial Day weekend crowd...) however, must sleep before I have to work overnight... even so, Can't wait!!!

Ok something a bit fun!

In my Aerospace Engineering class we are making rockets, I took mine home to decorate it. I decorated it as a Cheetah Hunt Rocket! It looks awesome!

I attached some photos!

That was impressive!

NOT!