TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Just want to say I won tickets for Cheetah Hunt ERT also. Can't wait!

How much can I bribe you for one of those?

I am so bummed I didn't win either of those contests on the BGT blog. I wanted to go to that night time ERT SO bad.

*sigh*

Oh well.

/done whining

Keep in contact with me. There might be a possibility. It will be last minute, the final decision will be made on the 27th. I'm trying to get a funcard for my younger brother. However, it may or may not happen. I can get a likely answer to you by the Wednesday of. Just don't get disappointing if I can't get it to you.

So, some quick questions for any of you that have bought tickets online for BGT - what is the process like when you get to the park if you order a year long passport online and print it out? Do I still have to go get my picture taken or wait in some long processing line? Will I be able to take advantage of the free parking the first time I go? And perhaps most importantly, will I be able to take part in the passholder Cheetah Hunt ERT the first time I go to the park with the new pass?

Finally, on the topic of Quick Queue - how does that work once you get to the park if you have already ordered online?

(And for the record, I've researched all of these questions on the BGT website and was not able to find answers.)

So, some quick questions for any of you that have bought tickets online for BGT - what is the process like when you get to the park if you order a year long passport online and print it out? Do I still have to go get my picture taken or wait in some long processing line?

No, you will just walk to the self service tickets at the front and follow the instructions.

Will I be able to take advantage of the free parking the first time I go?

Yes!

And perhaps most importantly, will I be able to take part in the passholder Cheetah Hunt ERT the first time I go to the park with the new pass?

Yep! I believe it should work fine.

Friend of mine had the lucky chance of being an extra for the new Cheetah Hunt commercial/media video that was filmed today. He had the chance to ride in the front and back rows and definitely thought that the back was better for airtime. Sad thing is, he said they staple you so you don't really get the chance to gain serious air after the third launch, but if you had wiggle room, the air would be insane.

Overall he said the ride was really fun, but, as people feared... a bit "slow", specifically mentioning the figure eight. He also told me that the launch segments were not as intense as he had hoped, but still packed a punch, the second being the most intense.

He also obtained a POV... I won't post because I doubt he had park permission (I already told him how dangerous this is and NOT to do it again)... but, it looks like a very fun ride! (And IMO, not slow according to the video)

So this reminds me A LOT of what happened when Blue Fire was constructed...had it`s first test runs...and then finally opened...

This will be more of a FUN coaster than a thrill coaster...and if Bush tries to deliver a ride experience for (nearly) the whole family...then they are probably doing EXACTLY the right thing...just like Europa Park did two jears ago.

A coaster that can be ridden by nearly all ages is worth A LOT (!!!) for a family park...i guess THAT`S what we (thrill seeking idiots ) always have to keep in mind...

GeorgeT

Friend of mine had the lucky chance of being an extra for the new Cheetah Hunt commercial/media video that was filmed today. He had the chance to ride in the front and back rows and definitely thought that the back was better for airtime. Sad thing is, he said they staple you so you don't really get the chance to gain serious air after the third launch, but if you had wiggle room, the air would be insane.

Overall he said the ride was really fun, but, as people feared... a bit "slow", specifically mentioning the figure eight. He also told me that the launch segments were not as intense as he had hoped, but still packed a punch, the second being the most intense.

He also obtained a POV... I won't post because I doubt he had park permission (I already told him how dangerous this is and NOT to do it again)... but, it looks like a very fun ride! (And IMO, not slow according to the video)

How did he manage to take a POV while there were filming for a TV shoot. Wouldn't there me cameras pointed at him, therefore ratting him out?

^^^Sounds good enough to me. It's just a roller coaster anyways. Parks aren't building the biggest, fastest, meanest machines anymore. They're building roller coasters... simple. Not every new ride has to make you your pants ya know. I'm still excited to ride it.

So, some quick questions for any of you that have bought tickets online for BGT - what is the process like when you get to the park if you order a year long passport online and print it out? Do I still have to go get my picture taken or wait in some long processing line? Will I be able to take advantage of the free parking the first time I go? And perhaps most importantly, will I be able to take part in the passholder Cheetah Hunt ERT the first time I go to the park with the new pass?

Finally, on the topic of Quick Queue - how does that work once you get to the park if you have already ordered online?

(And for the record, I've researched all of these questions on the BGT website and was not able to find answers.)

As was already posted, when the tram drops you off at the gate, go to the self-serve ticket machines (you can miss them) and follow the steps. Be sure to have your passport voucher with you.

BGT does not have photos on their AP's. I have a 2 year passport and it doesn't have a photo. I remember back maybe 10 or so years ago even the FL resident FunCards had photos on them, but not anymore.

As for the parking, yes it'll still be free. Just show your passport voucher to the parking attendant. They'll take it to scan so they can print out a receipt to give you, then send you on your way.

And don't forget you get a 10% discount on food & merchandise (including on the refills if you have one of those sports bottles... totally worth the $7.99!).

How did he manage to take a POV while there were filming for a TV shoot. Wouldn't there me cameras pointed at him, therefore ratting him out?

Don't worry, I asked him this too. I guess it was an early morning shoot, he said they cycled about 5 or 6 times just for video puroposes. After they were done filming, they let them ride as many more times as they'd like to (Until noon) without being filmed... which is when the POV was taken. Sadly, he only managed to capture from the bottom of the main drop, to the end. It also looked like they had the water running for the "canyon run".

No, not defending him, bad choice of words. No worries, I already explained to him how dangerous and idiotic it was to do that sort of thing, you'd see that if you read the OP. Just saying, it would've been nice to see an entire video. I don't condone this kind of thing, and have even yelled at complete strangers to put their phones/cameras away, would've done the same if I were riding with him, but unfortunately I wasn't.

We're not all perfect...

No, not defending him, bad choice of words. No worries, I already explained to him how dangerous and idiotic it was to do that sort of thing, you'd see that if you read the OP. Just saying, it would've been nice to see an entire video. I don't condone this kind of thing, and have even yelled at complete strangers to put their phones/cameras away, would've done the same if I were riding with him, but unfortunately I wasn't.

We're not all perfect...

You're condoning it if you don't report it. Technically speaking. :<

Report him for what? Being one of the millions that take unofficial povs? Don't act like any of you haven't watched a cell/camera pov on YouTube. Sorry I even mentioned anything about it and from this point forward nothing will be mentioned reguarding this issue, at least from me.

Carry on the Cheetah Hunt chat.

^ Hey dude don't worry about it. I think you covered yourself fine in your posts but of course TPR can't condone filming on the rides. From reading your post I feel you understand that. I would have loved to see a complete video of the ride myself.

Report him for what? Being one of the millions that take unofficial povs? Don't act like any of you haven't watched a cell/camera pov on YouTube. Sorry I even mentioned anything about it and from this point forward nothing will be mentioned reguarding this issue, at least from me.

Carry on the Cheetah Hunt chat.

I agree with you. There is nothing you can do if your friend does something stupid. Most people aren't going to report their friends for doing something that is a bit irresponsible. People do far more ignorant things than this and no one would report it, if it were their friends. You are taking alot of heat for no reason. Please ignore it.

^All you did was drag this onto another page by telling everyone to drop it. Let the mods do their job please.

MOVE ON OR BE BANNED!!!!

Can't we go back to arguing about the name or speed again!?

New Cheetah Hunt update from BGT Nation! Cheetah Run is complete! Now we await the speeds of Cheetah Hunt!

LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: While we appreciate you sharing this with us, I have had to remove the link you posted as it was in violation of our Terms of Service. You are not allowed to post links to external sites until you have at least fifty (50) legitimate posts to the forum.

Edited by jedimaster1227