TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] American Adventures

---------------

April 24, 1978

Welcome to our third season, and for sure our best one yet! Not only did we build a brand new steel coaster, but we improved the park's landscaping, added more benches and trash cans, built a whole new area with a restroom, carousal, and a huge restaurant! American Adventures has expanded over 3 acres with the expansion!

When you arrive at American Adventures, the first thing you will notice is that we have improved our entrance by adding turnstiles, new benches, and trashcans.

Where the petting zoo was in 1977 is now a beautiful midway filled with landscaping. The path curves it's way to a pilgrim village. The first thing you will notice is a carousal with a straw roof. This carousal is actually a historic landmark and was saved from a park that is now closed. On the left side of the village is a unique restroom that resembles a classic church. On the other side of the village is the second largest restaurant in the park, that serves Thanksgiving style food, and has water front seating.

The main attraction lurks in the backwoods though! The Great Western Expedition, a 55' mine train steel coaster built by Arrow Dynamics makes it's way through this rugged landscape. It features two lift hills, the first one 40' tall, the second 55' tall. The top speed is 30mph. and the rides comes extremely close to a rushing waterfall! The Expedition (for short) won't disappoint!

American Adventures Amusement Park is currently open weekends, but will open daily Memorial Day weekend! Season passes are also on sale, so get yours today and enjoy unlimited visits to American Adventures and ride The Great Expedition, and your favorites such as Cannonball and Double Loop, all season long!

More soon!

Edited by Hhappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------

Well it's now summer and we are in our every-day-schedule! Attendance has risen dramatically and it is now our busiest season yet!

American Adventures & Mooresville Railroad has gained ridership this season due to the unique view of The Great Western Expedition!

Speaking of Great Expedition, it's becoming very popular!

Actually the entire new area is popular!

Overall, all of American Adventures has became busier.

Edited by Hhappy

Agreed that it feels like Charleston Gardens, with it's only little unique touch. Although, I do have a question, I'm unable to import pictures into RCT3 to put on billboards, can I ask if you have Windows 7 or Vista and how you were able to get it work?

----------------

September 1978-

We are very close to ending our third season and many guests are wandering what we will be getting for 1979. I can't say too much, but I will say that it will be another family attraction, but not as expensive as 1978's additions!

Lastly, Barnstormer closed early for winter rehab. Sadly Barnstormer has suffered significant downtime the past year, but it will be returning for 1979!

Mooresville & American Adventures Railroad has became even more popular because guests are wanting to see what is going on behind our kid's area.

It does look like something is infact going on back there... Hmmm, I guess you will just have to wait til' Halloween to findout!

Edited by Hhappy

^Thanks, me too!

^^lol thanks!

---------------

October 31, 1978

American Adventures will expand the park's great collection of rides in 1979 with the addition of it's scariest ride yet! Back far in the woods of American Adventures lies the spookiest house in town, some say anyone who goes near it dies, others say the house is run by ghosts! Which ever is true, Hanna Haunted Manor is guaranteed to scare you!

American Adventures opens for weekend operation April 7th. We begin day operation on May 28th. and close for the season on October 7th.

Haunted House!?

AWESOME!

YeP!

----------------

Mk well first of all, when I load up American Adventures the game plays fine and doesn't crash, but when I take photos with the anti-alisining thingy on level 4 and take photos, they never show up on my photos. So I have to have them on level 3. I took 7 photos, but only 4 would show up.

-----------------

It's 1979 and American Adventures just opened it's brand new dark ride; Hanna Haunted Manor. Hanna Haunted Manor is a unique dark ride on a track, the ride takes guests on a journey through a huge haunted mansion and introduces them to ghosts and other scary ghouls. Hanna Haunted Manor is one of many great rides and attractions American Adventures has to offer. You will find Hanna Haunted Manor in Jolly's Circus behind the Great Trapeze Coaster.

In the colorful and joyful Jolly's Circus you can see a dominant Mansion loom over the area, it's a little secluded from the rest of the area but still does tower over everything

Even before you walk into the ride's queue, the atmosphere changes to a mysterious creepy scene

As you walk close to the manor, you can feel the area getting more and more 'dead'

On busier days we will open the porch extended queue line

That is all for now, but next update we will take you INSIDE the mansion...

Edited by Hhappy

---------------

This update doesn't have a storyline, just a few photos. Sorry, but I'm kinda busy. Had finals today, and more tomorrow! But Thursday is my first day of summer, so expect more updates.

^Some of the indoor queue line

^Aerial photo of the ride and surrounding area

^Here is the ride's exit

More soon!

Edited by Hhappy

• 2 weeks later...

------------------

A few days ago American Adventures and a few other companies had to take a small plane up in the air to take some photos of the park from above. The reason for this is because we are building something new for 1980 and we have to see what the construction site will look like. And seeing it from air provides some views you can't get anywhere else.

Any guesses on what we are building?

Edited by Hhappy

WOW, love the mine train, I'd just say maybe be little bit more "full" with the surroundings, make it a little denser when it comes to foliage, add some rocks, maybe even a waterfall, some stuff to give a clearer theme and so on because as a base its really cool but I'm missing a little depth in the theme...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Umm...... what the hell happened to the pictures? Seriously look at them! They're not about the park!
Yea... what is up with the pictures. There is literally a picture of a woman clapping her A$$ and you can see all of her goodies. lol. There should be some quicker moderation on this lol

Just hit the report button and the mods will take care of it..

Thanks