TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Points "Space Spiral" Question

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Scream at Heide Park used to be an observation tower. Space Spiral could become one I guess. I'd personally love to see it happen, maybe they could renovate that whole area of the park by removing Disaster Transport, making Space Spiral a gyro drop, add a new woodie, and fix up some of the buildings in that area. It really could become a nice area, maybe give it a 'boardwalk feel?' And wouldn't Space Spiral become the tallest gyro drop if it was to become one?

I think Scream at Heide Park used to be an observation tower. Space Spiral could become one I guess. I'd personally love to see it happen, maybe they could renovate that whole area of the park by removing Disaster Transport, making Space Spiral a gyro drop, add a new woodie, and fix up some of the buildings in that area. It really could become a nice area, maybe give it a 'boardwalk feel?' And wouldn't Space Spiral become the tallest gyro drop if it was to become one?

Cedar Point already has a boardwalk.

And for the record, turning the Space Spiral into a drop ride would be a worse idea than dueling underwater flyers.

The Intamin drop towers at both Heide Park and Grona Lund were converted from observation towers. I am sure that the one at Cedar Point could be converted as well. It seems unlikely that the foundation could be a factor since all of the governing loads would be from wind on the tower. I for one would welcome the changeover since I love these drop rides, and it would also be much more marketable than it currently is.